Orphan Black - BBCA

~ZombieWife~

Also, Felix would be doing a piss poor job at it, since at the beginning of the series, they haven't seen each other for 10 months. You'd think that would have ramifications. I agree that if he turns out to be the monitor, they have erred on the side of too unbelievable.

That said, there are precious few people around Sarah who would fit the bill. Vic is clearly out of his element, That pretty much leaves Mrs. S. (I wonder why we don't know her last name, or did I miss that?). There's also the possibility that Sarah has been off the grid so far. Is there any indication that Paul's company knows about her existence?

has Kira's watcher been identified?

So far, our only reason for thinking Kira might have a watcher is our own overdeveloped sense of genre-savvyness. It's possible that she's just Sarah's kid, which, in my opinion, would be the best possible route they could go. Please do that, showrunners! But, if she does have one, it sorta has to be Ms. S doesn't it? Good point about the people in Sarah's life being a bit shit as monitors, too, if that's what they turn out to be. I really hope they don't. I'm willing to suspend my disbelief quite a bit, but that would just be silly.

Is there any indication that Paul's company knows about [sarah's] existence?

Well, they did do a medical examination of "Beth" in the last episode... that could turn out to be pretty important if they clones aren't totally identical. As to that, we know that (inside this show's universe) genetically identical does mean the same fingerprints, at least. Sarah's rap sheet comes up on the police records when they run the German's fingerprints. Guess that lends more to the idea of them being indistinguishable, but we'll see.

Paul's character is much more interesting to me now. I actually miss Art, too.

ETA - Just had a thought... Beth was pretty heavy into the meds, and I doubt Sarah has been partaking, so that's something that could give her away as "not Beth" right there. Along with the disappearance of that scar on her neck. She's pretty clearly not Beth, but that still doesn't outright say "Sarah Manning" though. Paul did follow her and witness Sarah with Kira. It's not a big leap from there to Ms. S to Sarah Manning.

Sorry, I meant do we know who is Sarah's monitor is, not Kira

Oh, right, haha. :) Again, it would have to be Ms. S, right? I can't accept that it would be Feelix. If she is Sarah's watcher, though, I get the feeling that she's more of a renegade against the clone conspiracy people.

Renewed! That rocks! To be fair, we're only halfway through this season.. they could still blow it. But the whole plot is, for me, almost incidental compared to watching Maslany do her thing. She really is amazing. Just please don't kill Cosima.

Wow something is really wrong with this sight. I can not quote anyone.

I have a feeling that Zombies wife might have been on to something. Mrs. S was either part of/ aware of the "program" and stole Sarah out of it. Thats part of why they moved to the States. I don't think the blonde/Mystery guy/the Handler have any clue about who/where Sarah came from. I also think that Kira is her natural child, and that hasn't happened to any other clone.

OH HELL YES I NOW HAVE A REASON TO LIVE PAST 2013

Damn, and I thought I was a fanboy. :lol:

After seeing last episode again, yes, there is a noncommittal pause in the conversation when Alison and Sarah are talking about Kira. Everything else, though, points to Kira being Sarah's natural daughter, or at least that Sarah believes she is.

And it seems that the monitors, or Paul at least, are being forced to do this against their will. Paul's superior doesn't seem very threatening by the way. He looks more like an art dealer.

That was insane.

Do we think Alison's husband is lying? I guess when we saw him burning the papers that were in that locked box we never actually saw what the papers were, so they could have been letters from some woman he had an affair with... We still don't know who he was talking to on the phone while he was burning them, though. I think he's definitely Alison's monitor.

Alison's blonde friend, I can't remember her name, but I'm sure she was the one who accosted Felix while he was waiting out in the car being Sarah's backup in episode 2 or 3.

And holy shit, it's that guy! Matt Frewer!

Do we think Alison's husband is lying1? I guess when we saw him burning the papers that were in that locked box we never actually saw what the papers were, so they could have been letters from some woman he had an affair with... We still don't know who he was talking to on the phone while he was burning them, though. I think he's definitely Alison's monitor.

Alison's blonde friend, I can't remember her name, but I'm sure she was the one who accosted Felix while he was waiting out in the car being Sarah's backup in episode 2 or 3.2

And holy shit, it's that guy! Matt Frewer!3

1 Yes, I think he is lying. He called some one and told them he had gotten rid of everything. If it was about an affair, why the phone call.

2. Have no clue.

3. Yes that was Max Headroom himself. WTF was that? Was that the girl that into girl in MN? So she is a plant? And he is one of the big wigs behind the clones?

This show is just consistently awesome.

Do we think Alison's husband is lying? I guess when we saw him burning the papers that were in that locked box we never actually saw what the papers were, so they could have been letters from some woman he had an affair with... We still don't know who he was talking to on the phone while he was burning them, though. I think he's definitely Alison's monitor.

I tend to believe that the affair was the whole story there. The phone call would just have been some further misdirection for the audience's benefit (not really hard to explain away: he has a friend who knew about the affair, and now that the thing apparently came back to haunt him he wanted to talk to someone about it).

If he were her monitor, why the hell would he keep incriminating evidence at their house? That just seems way too sloppy. It's the kind of thing that'd be covered in the Clone Monitor Orientation Seminar.

Alison's blonde friend, I can't remember her name, but I'm sure she was the one who accosted Felix while he was waiting out in the car being Sarah's backup in episode 2 or 3.

Yes, that was her.

Add me to the chorus - the lead actress is brilliant. The scene she did playing the soccer mom who herself was acting convincingly as the main character while also letting the audience see she was still acting was incredible.

And I really like that Sarah is kind of, well, not a good person. She has extremely questionable morals, and a near-psychotic bad temper. You don't see many fully fleshed out female anti-heroes on TV.

I'm really liking it overall. It's a show that should, by all rights, have a million plot holes, but they manage to make it hold together, and each individual episode just rockets along.

Good episode, although maybe the first one without any strong plot developments. Still, it's great how elegantly and quickly they're able to move between tension and outright clone comedy.

Is Donnie a monitor? I don't know, really. The only other real option seems to be the blonde friend with marriage problems, which is also supported by her hanging outside Allison's house, I guess - but they pushed it pretty strongly this episode, almost too much. She didn't recognize Paul, but I don't think the monitors know each other anyway. They don't even know about the clones, so my guess is that each monitor just think they are monitoring their subject for some made-up and plausible reason.

I think we just met our villain. It was pretty obvious from first glance that the Neolutionists (?) are connected to the clones. We're obviously making the leap into something more sci-fi-ish now, but that was inevitable given the whole clone premise and the DNA strands in the intro sequence, so I think it's time, and it was handled elegantly. The show has already been grounded in likable characters with sort-of-ordinary-lives, so as long as they make room for that, they can go crazy with the sci-fi premise for all I care.

Also, poor Vic :laugh:

"Be a man, Vic!" *aims nailgun at Vic's head*'

"Okay, I'm a man!"

(Finally, it's gotten to the point where I giggle every time Felix says or does (*anything*.)

I found this a little "Mrs. Doubtfire, have to run and change into different clothes every 7 minutes to fool everyone."

But, overall, I enjoyed myself. When Allison was torturing her husband with the glue-gun. I was laughing out loud. And yeah, I absolutely think he's a plant. Either they got to him after high school or something and turned him.

I have NO idea what to think about Paul. He was ready to kill Sarah and went batshit nutso on Vic. We'll see!

I tend to believe that the affair was the whole story there.

You really think so? They pushed the blonde woman being Alison's monitor so hard.. I just don't know. I still think he is actually her monitor, but he's such a hapless loser. The complete opposite of our only confirmed monitor, Paul. It's hard to say.

And I really like that Sarah is kind of, well, not a good person.

I love the fact that Sarah is actually quite shady, as well. It leaves you guessing what the hell she's going to do next. I wasn't expecting her to give Paul the slip like that.

Should I feel bad for Vic? Because I do. He's an amoral douche bag, no doubt, but jesus he just gets his ass kicked for a living! That beatdown Paul put on him was really well shot, by the way. That final pistol whip was vicious.

Oh, and WTF Cosima? "Let's steal some bikes!" What a delinquent lol

Should I feel bad for Vic? Because I do. He's an amoral douche bag, no doubt, but jesus he just gets his ass kicked for a living! That beatdown Paul put on him was really well shot, by the way. That final pistol whip was vicious.

Vic has definitely been established as a 'likable unlikable' character from the beginning. He's not someone you would want to be around in real life, but he's too comical in this fictional context not to like. I think the actor is actually phenomenal, because this character is several things at once.

My favorite Vic part - which is easily missed - is when his finger is chopped off, and he screams in pain. The scene ends and the screen goes black, and then you hear him whimper "I'm good". It's so absurd and yet so funny.

Archived