Orphan Black - BBCA

~ZombieWife~

I'm guessing Corporate Clone is the original? (or that will be one spin that will get subverted for something else later?) She could be older, the mad scientist who cloned all these copies of herself.

I thing that as well. I think she is older. IF not then why show in in shadows? either not show her side of it, or show her. She could just be an older clone, but same idea.

I didn't get the impression they were the originals, just that they were hidden away by their birth-mother, and maybe the curiousity that they're actual twins rather than clones.

IDK but would think that the you would have to be older to be the Original.

They question is were they monozygotic or if they were 2 clones that inplanted in the same women. Either would explain why they don't have them on file. the only real different being that code marker that was add, would be different. It is possible that someone stole an egg/eggs to inplant and they didn't get a marker, which might be why sarah was able to have a baby.

I'm really glad that they went for second season already. The ratings seem pretty bad? - as far as I've been able to tell, it's under 0.4 per episode. To be honest, I don't really know if that's bad, but when you follow ratings for shows like GoT, it obviously comes off as low. On the other hand, I believe that the taut plotting and Maslany's performance(s) could make for a huge word-of-mouth effect. Anyone else know more about this?

Ratings could improve. It seems to be gaining momentum, at least in the press. I see it on a lot of genre news outlets and in magazines like Entertainment Weekly. The folks at EW seem to love it.

From what I can tell on ratings, it seems to have (roughly) 1/2 the audience of Dr. Who on BBC (which is still in the millions). I think they can bring it up. Word of mouth is doing some work.

I know. I get the sense that BBCA isn't pushing it as hard as they could be. Usually the only time I have to watch is the Thursday repeat, and I was pissed when they replaced one of them with the graham norton show.. I mean, what? Who decided that?

ETA - I understand why they wanted Orphan Black to follow Doctor Who, but it's not a very good fit. A kid's fantasy show followed immediately by a very adult, violent, twisted mind fuck? Okay.

This show is awesome on so many levels. Just caught up between yesterday and today and couldn't stop watching. Maslany is incredible with so much nuisance in each character. Great ride and from what Alan Sepinwall said, the finale is bonkers in all the best ways so I can't wait.

And for the record, Tatiana Maslany has a great ass.

The finale of one of the best mystery shows of the millennium is ending tonight.

It's interesting though, that while this *is* the finale, I'm not really looking forward to it for the sake of "answers", like people would with Lost season finales. The unanswered questions posed by the series just aren't pertinent enough. Someone is Alison's monitor, probably Donny, but it doesn't matter much. There is a connection between Corporate Chick (formerly Corporate Clone, but we don't know yet) and the clones, but I'm not dying for the answer, I'm just curious. Mainly, I just want to see the characters again. And that is much more powerful to me. The mystery is going to deepen throughout the second season, I have no doubt, and I will be completely caught up in riddles and questions and possibilities, but Orphan Black has put something much more important into place first - it has established grounded characters in an unbelievable scenario. The world is this series' oyster, as far as I'm concerned with the second season.

Bring it on.

Keep Fee alive.

Let's do this.

The finale of one of the best mystery shows of the millennium is ending tonight.

It's interesting though, that while this *is* the finale, I'm not really looking forward to it for the sake of "answers", like people would with Lost season finales. The unanswered questions posed by the series just aren't pertinent enough. Someone is Alison's monitor, probably Donny, but it doesn't matter much. There is a connection between Corporate Chick (formerly Corporate Clone, but we don't know yet) and the clones, but I'm not dying for the answer, I'm just curious. Mainly, I just want to see the characters again. And that is much more powerful to me. The mystery is going to deepen throughout the second season, I have no doubt, and I will be completely caught up in riddles and questions and possibilities, but Orphan Black has put something much more important into place first - it has established grounded characters in an unbelievable scenario. The world is this series' oyster, as far as I'm concerned with the second season.

Bring it on.

Keep Fee alive.

Let's do this.

Solid post. What I'm looking forward to are potential "moments" in the finale. When Art realizes about the clones, for example. That HAS to happen. :)

My web coding skills may be crappy, I have little graphic editing ability worth mentioning, I may toil in obscurity with only the google and yahoo and msn webcrawler bots for company, but tonight's finale may decide, nay compel, whether I create a shrine to Tatiana Maslany and Orphan Black in the form of a fan site, or not.

My web coding skills may be crappy, I have little graphic editing ability worth mentioning, I may toil in obscurity with only the google and yahoo and msn webcrawler bots for company, but tonight's finale may decide, nay compel, whether I create a shrine to Tatiana Maslany and Orphan Black in the form of a fan site, or not.

Follow my example. Create not a shrine of HTML, CSS and XML code ... but of pure flesh and blood.

Hot DAMN! Awesome finale.

I'll never look at felt angels the same again.

I thought it was a hot mess, the worst of all the episodes (which is still ok).

Donny being the monitor made sense, he was far too forgiving of Alison's meltdown earlier.

Alison letting Aynesley die was a jump the shark moment sadly, it makes her almost nonredeemable as a character, and that whole incident went too far as a silly contrivance.

And the whole thing about patents and ownership of people, just silly, that has no legal standing.

And for the record, Tatiana Maslany has a great ass.

That post haranguing her ass earlier in the thread gave me a big ole :lol:

Bring it on.

Keep Fee alive.

Let's do this.

Proclone!

Totally agree with the bolded. That scene with Allison doing "Hip Hop Abs" was hilarious and just perfectly fits the tone of this show. Fee opening the door on Delphine, and saying "now I get it." Vic in AA. This show is just fucking amazing.

Solid post. What I'm looking forward to are potential "moments" in the finale. When Art realizes about the clones, for example. That HAS to happen. :)

"That's a completely different woman." After getting lawyered right before Sarah was about to spill.

Great finale, and damn am I going to miss it.

Ratings wise, if they're getting half of what Dr. Who was I would say it's doing pretty damn good. BBCA ratings would get a show canceled after its first airing on any of the big four networks, so we're probably lucky that it's on BBCA. It will hit netflix streaming in a few months and I'm sure that will help more for its second season ratings than anything else. Copper will give us a good look at whether or not this is true when its second season starts soon (and Donal Logue, fuck yeah! I wasn't super excited about season 2 until I saw he was going to be in it).

Alison letting Aynesley die was a jump the shark moment sadly, it makes her almost nonredeemable as a character, and that whole incident went too far as a silly contrivance.

Yes, that was bleak, but I feel it did make sense for her character. She's freaking terrified and has convinced herself that Aynesley has been stalking her and her children and reporting back to a mysterious organization that has been tracking her all her life.

And the whole thing about patents and ownership of people, just silly, that has no legal standing.

Of course it doesn't, but they're scared and not in their right minds so I'm forgiving of how they Cosima responds.

We need a clone with Tatiana's naturally wavy hair. :drool:

I've got to agree with Commodore here. Alison letting Ainsley die like that.. I understood why she didn't save her, but holy shit! That's going to be hard to come back from. Poor Ainsley, what a tragic character. All she ever tried to do was help her best friend as best she knew how. I did think, however, that her death was kind of awesome. Horrific, for sure, but unexpected and unique.

Sarah/Helena's birth mother somehow not noticing that "Sarah's" back and shoulders were covered in psycho scars was pretty crap as well.

I'm so going to miss Helena. Another really tragic character. Just a very bleak episode all around. Not enough Felix, I guess.

Good things? Uhm. I'm glad Delphine sided with Cosima. The scene with Alison, Sarah, and Cosima together was freaking amazing. Seeing Maslany (Alison) pouring Maslany (Cosima) a glass of wine, little details like that. Alison doing a hip hop work out. Tatiana looks good with a bob.

Wow, I'm really, really, really going to miss this show. Or, rather, the characters themselves. Damn.

BTW - so it seems that Mrs. S. was part of the whole thing from the very beginning. If, as seems likely, "Project Leda" was the clone program... Leda was the mother of Helen of Troy, by Zeus. And some others, Castor and Pollux, Clytemnestra. Maybe it means something.

Archived