Mad Queen Dany

I was thinking how cool it would be, if Dany came down with the Targaryen madness;and then attempted to slaughter the Usurper's dogs with her dragons and ended up ravaging Westeros, (instead of saving it from the Others with her dragons, which I think some people think will happen) Any chance of this happening?

I think there's a pretty good chance of it the way Danys story arc has been going, and it would certainly make things a hell of a lot more interesting. Hell right now there's a thread about whether or not Dany is in fact mad going on.

No, if you are even remotely objective while reading her chapters.

Different people different perspectives. For me she is for you she isn't. Nobody could change your mind nobody could change my mind. So why starting that conversation?

People who say she's not mad are obviously too much in love with her to realize the truth.

:agree:

She might not be the sanest person in Westeros (she's a targ, they're all slightly crazy, even the good ones), but she's still a far cry away from full-on batshit lunacy.

Jorah and Barristan have known batshit-crazy Targs (Aerys and Viserys the Beggar). They know Dany and are pretty much convinced she ain't that kind of crazy.

She might not be the sanest person in Westeros (she's a targ, they're all slightly crazy, even the good ones), but she's still a far cry away from full-on batshit lunacy.

Jorah and Barristan have known batshit-crazy Targs (Aerys and Viserys the Beggar). They know Dany and are pretty much convinced she ain't that kind of crazy.

Give her time... give her time.

Also.

1. Barristan only needed someone to give him orders. That's who he is. He never turned on Aerys, so he wouldn't really have a problem with Mad Dany. I don't think he has learned much.

2. Jorah was/is in love with her.

People who say she's not mad are obviously too much in love with her to realize the truth.

People who say she is are typically short on actual evidence of anything approaching madness. The only thing that comes close is her post-Clash scenes with Quaithe, but, given that this is a fantasy novel, it's premature to rule out actual magical conversations taking place.

Different people different perspectives. For me she is for you she isn't. Nobody could change your mind nobody could change my mind. So why starting that conversation?

This is, more or less, the definition of "subjective", which is the opposite of "objective." You're kind of proving Mr. Selig's point, here.

I don't get what would be so interesting about that. Dany goes mad and becomes a clear villain instead of a complicated character? Why would that be a good thing?

Who said she wouldn't be a complicated character? She isn't and probably won't ever be pure evil like Joffrey or Ramsay that's true, but with her intentions and world views - particularly her obsession with ridding Westeros of the "Usurpers Dog's" and already showing herself to have done some pretty heinous shit with the torturing of the children in Meereen - that doesn't mean she won't cause wanton destruction throughout Westeros and be perceived as antagonistic to most of the other main characters. Even Mace Tyrell, who supported The Mad King during Robert's Rebellion, apparently already believes Dany is "as mad as her father".

This is, more or less, the definition of "subjective", which is the opposite of "objective." You're kind of proving Mr. Selig's point, here.

My point is that since everyone knows different thinks, living a different life and being a different person you cannot say who is right or wrong. So why bringing up the objectivity part?

imo GRRM may be slowly intending to turn the sides in the story on their heads. Clearly "good" sympathetic characters like Tyrion, Catelyn, and Dany are slowly becoming more brutal/depraved (in Catelyn's case, not so slowly) whereas characters though "bad" like Jaime, Stannis, and Mance are slowly getting redeemed. I wouldn't be surprised if by the end, you have Jaime and Stannis seeming like the sane ones vs. Daenerys and Tyrion.

Archived