Can all starks warg?

Spilly

Just the last generation. Jon, Robb, Sansa, Arya, Bran, Rickon - they are all wargs. All of them, confirmed by GRRM

Yea only this generation, older Starks may have been wargs but we will never know unless GRRM makes some more prequels which i hope he does but please do it after your done with a Dream of Spring George PLEASE! :)

Can anyone explain why the current generation of Starks are all wargs though?

If being a warg is so rare, why are 6/6 children with Stark blood wargs? If being a Stark means you are especially likely to be a warg/green seer (as implied in one of Brans ADwD chapters hen he is told it is in his blood) the why haven't we been told of any other Stark wargs?

For the plot simple as that

If being a warg is so rare, why are 6/6 children with Stark blood wargs? If being a Stark means you are especially likely to be a warg/green seer (as implied in one of Brans ADwD chapters hen he is told it is in his blood) the why haven't we been told of any other Stark wargs?

I think that is because the magic is comming back stronger and more powerful.

I don't think that magic associated with the dragons has anything to do with magic associated with COTF. Remember that there were wargs beyond the wall even before return of the dragons

There will have been other Stark Wargs in the past, but there's no hints whatsoever that either Ned, Brandon, Rickard, Lyanna or Benjen were. Having First Men blood is a prerequisite for being a warg, but that doesn't mean that all FM descendants are wargs.

I don't think that magic associated with the dragons has anything to do with magic associated with COTF. Remember that there were wargs beyond the wall even before return of the dragons

I think they made a Devil's Pact in breaking apart the Stepstones, and resulting in the crazy seasons

Is Sansa broken since her wolf died?

No. GRRM confirmed that she is a warg too, and that the difference is only in development of their power. She is a warg too, just she hasn`t manifested it yet.

Dragons, magic or destiny. We can only guess...

Actually, I have a theory.

If it has been offered up before, I would be grateful for a link to it being posted in reply.

I think the direwolves themselves are the key. We see in Jon's wolf dreams that Ghost can sense his littermates. I think the direwolves, unlike regular wolves, have a natural ability to form a psychic link with their packs. And this ability awakens the latent warg gift in the Stark line, which is inherited genetically. That's why all the Kings in the North & Lords of Winterfell are portrayed with direwolves beside them in the crypt, because they had to bond with their beast to manifest their ability. That's why Eddard's children are wargs, but he is not--he never had a direwolf.

Opinions? Echoes of the sound of crockery shattering?

[Edited for spelling, because my keyboard is sticking.]

Archived