Is it at all possible that dany is the main 'villan' of the story ?

i was thinking about this recently.

she plans to invade westoros an land she knows nothing about accept the propaganbda told to her by her brother and even after her brothers death she seems to believe the myths. she also seems to hold that its her birth right despite the fact she has never even been on the mainland even as a baby and such an invasion would cause chaos in westoros. not only will she be an allien invader but when she does come she will be somewhat sympathetic to dothraki culture and ways and many dothraki customs may be forceibly introduced into westoros along with many dothraki coming with the initial invasion. the dothraki customs seem very diffrent even by essos standards to the culture of westros. she also shown in some sitiuations to be crule, and more importantly childish and foolish causing wars in the slaver cities which resulted in more deaths then ever before of slaves and argubally an increase in slavery, and crulety to slaves. such freedom of the slaves was far to sudden and done by the wrong person for it to have any lasting impact. also she is in possesion of dragons, which are never really described as being good and the fact that she cant really control them does not help. Its 8 months since i read the books so forgive any mistakes, both about the books and grammers wise. And critical feedback is welcome

That she is going to be a major antagonist to a lot of characters people like isn't a new theory. Adding to what you said, she's probably going to be involved with the Ironborn in some way. She may also have Tyrion and maybe Victarion as advisors, and they're anything but good people.

That she is going to be a major antagonist to a lot of characters people like isn't a new theory. Adding to what you said, she's probably going to be involved with the Ironborn in some way. She may also have Tyrion and maybe Victarion as advisors, and they're anything but good people.

Its been a while scinse i have been on here but i had a feeling i would not be the first to say it but i do not remember seeing it. Also your point about the ironborn was good

Doesn't it kind of depend on your point of view? To the Masters of Yunkai and Astapor, and the Sons of the Harpy she is surely a villainess. To the slaves she freed she is a hero. To the slaves she left behind who ended up suffering in Yunkai and Astapor she probably went from hero to villainess. If she invades Westeros she will surely be a villain to those currently in power. If her dragons roast a good bit of Westeros during her invasion she will become a villainess to many others in Westeros. I think whether she is a villain or hero is still very much up in the air.

My own personal opinion, which seems to go very much against the grain on the forums here, is that Dany is being set up as the anti-hero, and not so much the villain.

Its been a while scinse i have been on here but i had a feeling i would not be the first to say it but i do not remember seeing it.

The reason you don't see these threads is they usually degenerate into name-calling and are locked and taken down. Hopefully, we can remain civil here.

I think it's very possible that "Mad Queen Dany" will be a villain by the end, or at least an anti-hero.

Well can somebody please explain me what is an anti-hero.When somebody mentions anti-hero I think Wolverine(marvel comics).

Wolverine could be a good example. An anti-hero is the protagonist, yet they committ acts that are considered evil. I would seperate this from a villain who is the antogonist, as well as committing evil acts.

I once thought so, D&D's commentary and fanboy attitude toward Dany in regards to the show, since they know the end, has convinced me that she is to be seen pretty much the way she sees herself...as a messianic savior figure who has to 'break a few eggs' along the way in order to fulfill her destiny.

I would be glad to be wrong, but don't think so.

Well can somebody please explain me what is an anti-hero.When somebody mentions anti-hero I think Wolverine(marvel comics).

Wolverine and Rorschach are the best examples. It means you take the attitude that the ends justify the means, so its perfectly okay to harm (sometimes innocent) people during the course of justice, as long as the end result is that good (or at least, what you percieve as good) wins out.

A simpler explanation would be a hero with some villainous traits.

The problem with identifying a main hero or villain in this series is the constantly shifting POV. Dany is surely the main protaganist in her POV chapters, just like Jon is the main portaganist in his and Tyrion in his ect. I think in Dany's POV she is the main protaganists, and currently her main antagonists are the ones that stole the IT from her family, and in descending order, the Masters of Yunkai, Sons of Harpy, and those that are seeking to use her for their own ends.

In Jon's POV he is the main protaganists, while the antagonists are currently the Others, and in a lesser sense, the Boltons.

Archived