Theory- Robb Stark NOT dead?

nettie

Hello all, I'm brand spanking new to this forum, so please bare with me and all my noob ways. I've read all of the books and watch the show (currently re-reading all the books again), and have had so much fun reading everyone else's crazy theories. While watching season 3, episode 9, I kept saying to my boyfriend, "It's a, nice day for a, RED WEDDING!" Mostly it was me teasing him because he hasn't read the books but has read all the spoilers (I know, what's the fun in that right?)... But it got me thinking... "It's a, nice day to, Start again!"

We all know that Catelyn gets to start again as Lady Stoneheart but what about Robb? I saw a fan made photo of a supposed Robb Stark body with Grey Wind's head sewn on and this crazy theory popped into my head.....

What if Robb Stark is not fully dead, but rather an Unrobb with the head of Grey Wind, traveling with his mother seeking vengeance?

Here's my thoughts on how this could be-

-For nearly the entire series up to the Red Wedding, Robb is with his mother. She expresses her deep love for him reminiscing about when he was born while Ned was away; that her bond was very strong with him. Prior to the RW, Cat believes several of her children to be dead, which would cause any mother to hold onto her living child even tighter.

-After the RW, it is known that Grey Wind's head is sewn onto Robb's decapitated body. Non-white walker bodies decompose, so Walder Frey wouldn't keep around a poorly taxidermied body around for too long. So, what if it was disposed of in a similar fashion as Cat?

-What if that body was discovered by the BWB or even Nimeria, and presented to Lady Stoneheart and Thoros. A zombified Catelyn would be pretty damn convincing to Thoros to try to work his magic. She would retain her memories of love for Robb.

-The books mention a man traveling with LS- It seems most people would know who either Thoros or Beric are. That and Beric is pretty much really dead for good.

-Various people of Westeros claim to have seen the Hound on a killing spree AFTER we know that Arya left the Hound for dead. We also know that the Hound was found alive, but soon died. So if it's not the Hound, then perhaps it is someone wearing the Hound's helm which was left as a marker.

-The marker was taken by Rorge, who was killed by Brienne. The helm came into the possession of a member of the BWB.

-Perhaps it's someone with a hound-shaped head? The Hound was a big man, Rob a mere teenager (along with a still growing Grey Wind). The sizes could line up

-Perhaps one with a wolf's head wouldn't even need a helm, people would see a dog shaped head and the first thought would be "The Hound" with his helmet on, not the "King in the north with a wolf head sewn on).

-A zombified Grey Robb would still have the memories of Robb Stark, but would develop the same taste for vengeance as Lady Stoneheart.

But what about the fact that Robb's brain is disconnected to his body, and therefore would have the wolf's mind? Well, if Robb has a silver of his brother's talent for warging, it wouldn't be so crazy to believe Robb could have warged into Grey Wind unwittingly immediately after death, captured in the wolf's mind as it died? Once revived, Robb's mind would be inside of Grey Wind's head on Robb's body... Wrap your head around that....

Anyhoo, that's just my new theory... Not sure if anyone posted it before or not, but I thought I'd share my two cents.

And of course my mom-booking reading boyfriend's response to this theory was, "Teen Wolf!" lol

It's been a while since I've read the last two books, but wasn't Thoros against ressurecting Cat? If so, I highly doubt he would be willing to ressurect an abomination such as Grey Robbwind.

But overall I think it's way too silly. Unless George is trying to creep everyone out even more by adding chimeras to his work, I don't think it's gonna happen. Plus, reviving important characters, no matter their condition, cheapens your work.

First, welcome to the forum :cheers:

And because you are new, I won`t use the usual ray of adjectives I use for these theories, and I`ll just say that you are wrong.

Hope you`ll stay with us and have wonderful time here...

It's been a while since I've read the last two books, but wasn't Thoros against ressurecting Cat? If so, I highly doubt he would be willing to ressurect an abomination such as Grey Robbwind.

It was Beric. Thoros didn`t want to resurrect Cat.

First off, welcome to the forum.

Secondly, while a resurrected Wolf-Robb would be cool as hell, I don't think we're going to see it happen. I'm pretty sure that GRRM killed Grey Wind just to eliminate warg theories and make it absolutely clear that Robb is dead and will stay dead.

The only way Robb Stark is alive is if his warg abilities and connection to Grey Wind allowed him to come back from the dead without any outside help. This isn't strictly impossible but it is highly unlikely. It's more likely that Aegon is Ned Stark's bastard and Gendry is somehow Robert Baratheon's true born son (both are very much long shots alone, let alone together).

It seems your entire theory revolves around the hound's helmet. Basically, what happened was, Arya leaves the Hound to die after he is wounded, the Elder Brother finds him, heals Sandor Clegane, feels that "The Hound" is dead, builds a Cairn ( a kinda stone monument ) where he places the hounds helmet upon. Rorge later finds it, raids the saltpans with a band of outlaws,later is killed by Gendry, Brienne and co taken into custody of the BWB and finally, Lem takes the helmet for his own (Those who fight monsters...)

I really don't see anything here that suggests UnRobb did any of this. This series of unfortunate events really does not leave any mystery.

...What if Robb Stark is not fully dead, but rather an Unrobb with the head of Grey Wind, traveling with his mother seeking vengeance?...

Sounds like a sinister version of Scooby Dog. Which could be fun.

Don't think that GRRM is going to go there though.

Archived