Three heads, one dragon. NOT three dragons

AegonTargaryen

I am absolutely positive that someone has caught on to this and there must be threads about this somewhere but haven't been able to find any.

I was thinking about Jon's *death.* Someone mentioned that Jon Snow is dead, but that Jon Stark will rise in his place (read the northern conspiracy, Robb's will, etc) Anyway, that's when it clicked!

The first head of the dragon is Jon Snow, the second head is Jon Stark, and the third is Jon Targaryen (when it is eventually revealed). Three different *heads,* but one single dragon.

It's late and I'm way to tired to type up an eloquent theory, but thoughts?

I have my own take on this, though it hasn't been as well received as I would have hoped. :frown5: :bawl: :crying: :P THotD: A Geographical Take

The idea being that the continent of Westeros is essentially made up of three different sections. That is, the land mass noticeably narrows around the Neck (Neck, heads? hey now...) and the Wall.

Though the idea is presented as the possible answer, it may only be part of the answer, or a clue to the answer. Beyond the OP, there are a couple of interesting points made, especially on page 2. One of them being an interview with GRRM himself, which contains the following nugget:

They were about Middle Earth’s map; that was the first icon of The Lord of the Rings, and that remarks the important of the setting. Setting becomes a character in fantasy.

Another potentially interesting idea I've considered is the possibility that the three sections I talk about could become separated by water. Since the areas of land around the Neck and the Wall are much narrower than the rest of the continent, it seems like they would be easier to destroy or submerge under water. Possibly via the same kind of magic the CotF used to destroy the Arm of Dorne and damage the Neck. http://awoiaf.wester...r_of_the_waters

I have my own take on this, though it hasn't been as well received as I would have hoped. :frown5: :bawl: :crying: :P THotD: A Geographical Take

The idea being that the continent of Westeros is essentially made up of three different sections. That is, the land mass noticeably narrows around the Neck (Neck, heads? hey now...) and the Wall.

Though the idea is presented as the possible answer, it may only be part of the answer, or a clue to the answer. Beyond the OP, there are a couple of interesting points made, especially on page 2. One of them being an interview with GRRM himself, which contains the following nugget:

Another potentially interesting idea I've considered is the possibility that the three sections I talk about could become separated by water. Since the areas of land around the Neck and the Wall are much narrower than the rest of the continent, it seems like they would be easier to destroy or submerge under water. Possibly via the same kind of magic the CotF used to destroy the Arm of Dorne and damage the Neck. http://awoiaf.wester...r_of_the_waters

I like Westeros being the heads, that would make Essos the body and Valyria would be right about where the heart would be.

I like Westeros being the heads, that would make Essos the body and Valyria would be right about where the heart would be.

Valyria looks like a claw to me. Actually, that was the first thing that caught my eye. I thought it looked like a T-Rex arm + hand.

Valyria looks like a claw to me. Actually, that was the first thing that caught my eye. I thought it looked like a T-Rex arm + hand.

Ditto, first thing I thought when I got Lands of Ice and Fire, Valyria and the Vale look like claws, my first thought was that it could have been two dragons fighting at some point. :)

I am absolutely positive that someone has caught on to this and there must be threads about this somewhere but haven't been able to find any.

I was thinking about Jon's *death.* Someone mentioned that Jon Snow is dead, but that Jon Stark will rise in his place (read the northern conspiracy, Robb's will, etc) Anyway, that's when it clicked!

The first head of the dragon is Jon Snow, the second head is Jon Stark, and the third is Jon Targaryen (when it is eventually revealed). Three different *heads,* but one single dragon.

It's late and I'm way to tired to type up an eloquent theory, but thoughts?

Perhaps you might find this thread interesting http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/86614-jon-snow-the-3headed-dragon-and-mythology/

Jon's Queen's Consort ​ makes some very interesting points. Personally I think that it is more likely that Jon, Dany and Tyrion are the three heads of the dragon, but I like the idea of one person with three identities/names. It makes sense and it is highly likely that Jon is the three headed dragon.

On the other hand, Quaithe I think that referred to Dany as daughter of three... I have no idea if this is a reference to the sigil of her house or if it is a reference to the actual three-headed dragon.

I think it's interesting to mention next to Jon Targaryen/Jon Snow/Jon Stark that there's also a possible clue in Varamyr Sixskins. He had 5 animals, and his own head.

So Jon, Ghost, and a dragon is also a possibility.

Exactly why I don't believe its Jon alone.

If it's the above, Ghost is not a Targaryen. George might be sneaky like that.

Also another thought:

- Daenerys and Drogon

- Jon and Rhaegal/Viserion

- Brynden Rivers and Viserion/Rhaegal

Brynden was legitimised, but did not take the Targ name. Jon might, who knows. Another possibility is that Bran will be the third head.

And some believe that Bloodraven is already warging Viserion (from time to time). So he might already be a head. Three heads don't necessarily mean three riders being physically present.

I think it's interesting to mention next to Jon Targaryen/Jon Snow/Jon Stark that there's also a possible clue in Varamyr Sixskins. He had 5 animals, and his own head.

So Jon, Ghost, and a dragon is also a possibility.

If it's the above, Ghost is not a Targaryen. George might be sneaky like that.

Also another thought:

- Daenerys and Drogon

- Jon and Rhaegal/Viserion

- Brynden Rivers and Viserion/Rhaegal

Brynden was legitimised, but did not take the Targ name. Jon might, who knows. Another possibility is that Bran will be the third head.

And some believe that Bloodraven is already warging Viserion (from time to time). So he might already be a head. Three heads don't necessarily mean three riders being physically present.

I'm all for anything that gets Bloodraven a Dragon but I just don't see it happening unless it does actually turn into a Dragon vs Others scenario and the white would match his standard. :)

And I think he has built up too many characters for it to end up being just one hero in the end.

I think that Jon is the three heads- Jon Snow (AAR), Jon Stark (LH), Jon Targaryen (TPTWP)

I also think that the TPTWP is more propecised to be the greatest targaryen ruler in history, "his is the song of ice and fire". He will unite the two oldest and most powerful traditions (Old Valryian/First Men)

• 2 months later...

It is interesting that, of the surviving Starks, at least 3 are wargs. Crackpot theory I don't subscribe to: three heads are Bran (prophesied to fly), Jon, and Arya. Maybe they all warg into the same dragon? Again, not too serious with this, but throwing it out there. Who said any of the heads have to be Targs? LOL. The dragon has 3 heads, but maybe the heads are not dragons as well...

Archived