Who is Nissa Nissa Reborn?

mushroomshirt

I just finished reading the Dance chapter where Jon talks to Clydas about the Jade Compendium chapter that Maester Aemon marked for him before Aemon left for Eastwatch.

The Jade Compendium talks about how hot the original Lightbringer was. It talks about Azor Ahai slaying a monster by boiling its blood with the heat of Lightbringer. It talks about Lightbringer being as warm as Nissa Nissa had been warm. Previously in Storm of Swords, Aemon also remarks to Sam on how cool Stannis' Lightbringer is. So it seems pretty well established that Stannis' Lightbringer is a pale imitation of the original. Shallador Saan even says the same thing to Davos at one point (in Clash, I think?)

I know that there is still a lot of debate about this, but let's assume for a minute that Jon is Azor Ahai reborn instead of Stannis, Dany or any other candidate. Who would his Nissa Nissa be? This Jade Compendium chapter is the same chapter where Jon tries to have dinner with his old friends and realizes that he can't be their friend and their commander at the same time. He thinks that Mormont's raven is his last friend. Then he thinks:

Ghost did not count. Ghost was closer than a friend. Ghost was part of him.

It got me thinking if Jon is AA reborn (a big if, I know). Then Ghost might be his Nissa Nissa. I can't imagine a bigger sacrifice for Jon then to kill Ghost. It would be at least as big of a sacrifice as Azor Ahai killing Nissa Nissa. And with Longclaw having a likeness of Ghost's head on the pommel, it would be doubly appropriate if Longclaw became Lightbringer after Jon killing Ghost.

Any thoughts?

There are some who claim that Lightbringer is already forged, but just needs to be found by the reborn Azor Ahai. So there's that theory.

If Jon is AA (which I don't buy into) and does need a sacrifice then the lineup for Nissa Nissa that I've heard could include:

Arya-being the woman he seems to love most, his sister (which makes the most sense to me)

Val-who some claim to be in love with him and he might reciprocate

Dany-which I think is a stretch because they haven't even met yet, but lots of people ship them together

His Mother-which he may have already killed in childbirth (taking it as symbolic, not killing with LB itself)

I don't think Ghost would be appropriate because it's referenced over and over again that a warg is part of his wolf, and a wolf is part of his warg. Jon killing Ghost would be like killing a part of himself. Although writing this I remember what Aemon told Jon, "Kill the boy and let the man be born".

ETA: Why does there even need to be a Nissa Nissa?

There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him

It says it will be drawn from "the fire" which makes Mel's charade on Dragonstone with the burning of the Seven make more sense.

Jon = nissa nissa

Nw = LB

Bran = aa

Bran and BR warged into the men of the nw during Jon's assassination. Jon is dead. He was a sacrifice that was needed. That wasn't Bowen marsh crying, that was bran.

In the first long winter, AA was the night king. Nissa nissa was his Other queen. And nw was still the NW

Jon will be reborn and free of his duty of the nights watch and rules the IT with his auntwife. Until Dany dies setting herself on fire tryig to hatch another dragon egg. then spend the rest of his days back in the NW.l

No bran won't make Jon his queen

if jon is azor ahai reborn then my guess would be that ygirtte is probably his nissa nissa. his decision to abandon her and warn the nights watch ultimately led to her death at the battle at castle black.

The problem I see with that is Jon did not kill her himself. Thats why I don't think its her.

The problem I see with that is Jon did not kill her himself. Thats why I don't think its her.

do u think jon will kill arya?. i don't think azor ahai reborn has to kill someone directly. i think it has to deal with sacrificing something they love for a something more important. in jon's case he loved ygritte but the nights watch and his vows were more important.

The bigger problem with it is if there needs to be a recreation of the forging (which I don't think there needs to be) how do 90% of the 'xxx is nissa nissa' speculations even work? 90% of the speculations are no more than random stabbings of an already forged sword and have nothing in common with quenching one being forrged. This one doesn't even involve the speculative AAR, or a sword - may as well say any random death within a set radius of km is 'nissa nissa'

I don't believe there is a new Nissa Nissa, and I'm really uncertain why people feel that history has to repeat itself. If Lightbringer is a literal sword, it's already been forged. There is no reason it has to be plunged into the heart of some other hapless being.

If Jon is indeed AA and assuming that some being needs to take the role of Nissa Nissa then Ghost seems to be a good choice. I honestly had not thought of Ghost serving in that capacity, but now that I think about it that seems to be an interesting choice. Someone above mentioned that Jon having to kill Ghost would be like killing a part of himself. That seems to embody the level of sacrifice that would be required. Other than Ghost, Arya or a few others could serve. However, that assumes the above points. It also assumes that Lightbringer will be an actual sword. Something that I doubt given the other threads I've read here. Although I suppose that even if Lightbringer isn't a sword there still needs to be a sacrifice.

Archived