Black and Green. DoD 2.0.

I think the most likely way for him to obtain a dragon is being given one by Dany out of necessity. She might not know it yet (Tyrion probably does), but it seems according to someone who has read The Princess and The Queen that you need to be a Targaryen to ride one. Since she won't know about Jon she doesn't really have a lot of options for Rhaegal and Viserion. Of course this requires Aegon to be a real Targaryen of some color. Then they have some kinda falling out, maybe she finds out he's a Blackfyre something.

Edit: although really, you should only need to be Valyrian to ride one. I would think there would be people of purer Valyrian blood than Dany running around behind that black wall in Volantis.

I think the most likely way for him to obtain a dragon is being given one by Dany out of necessity. She might not know it yet (Tyrion probably does), but it seems according to someone who has read The Princess and The Queen that you need to be a Targaryen to ride one. Since she won't know about Jon she doesn't really have a lot of options for Rhaegal and Viserion. Of course this requires Aegon to be a real Targaryen of some color. Then they have some kinda falling out, maybe she finds out he's a Blackfyre something.

Being a Blackfyre, Aegon will still have some Valyrian blood in him. So Rhaegal might go to Aegon willingly, without Dany giving him Rhaegal.

Being a Blackfyre, Aegon will still have some Valyrian blood in him. So Rhaegal might go to Aegon willingly, without Dany giving him Rhaegal.

Well, he's not going to smell the air and fly across Essos and the Narrow sea to land near Aegon on his own was my point.

Well, he's not going to smell the air and fly across Essos and the Narrow sea to land near Aegon on his own was my point.

I think this will be when Dany lands, and maybe they have a sort of parley, and that might be when Rhaegal goes over to Aegon. (If it happens)

This quote also shows tyrion plays a major role in DoD 2.0

True and false could be Dany and Aegon

Bright and Dark could be green and black faction

Old and Young Idk

The old dragon could be Bloodraven

Edit: although really, you should only need to be Valyrian to ride one. I would think there would be people of purer Valyrian blood than Dany running around behind that black wall in Volantis.

I read the excerpt last week and didn't see this, so I just read it again and didn't get anything that says you must be a targaryen to ride a dragon.

I read the excerpt last week and didn't see this, so I just read it again and didn't get anything that says you must be a targaryen to ride a dragon.

It's not in the excerpt, but mentioned rather in the review (that I believe was linked from the excerpt.)

Since dragons will only accept and bond with riders of Targaryen blood, the story chronicles the search for bastard-born “dragonseeds” to join the fray (with mixed results)—a subplot which clearly holds some potential relevance for Daenerys and her trio of dragons as events continue to unfold in the novels…

• 3 months later...

After reading the "Princess and the Queen excerpt, I think there are going to be a black and green side for the DoD 2.0.

Based on the events in the last book what are your picks on which houses will side for who, If Dany is Black and Aegon is Green.

I think Tyrion will play a role in the decider (mismatched black and green eyes).

He already influenced Aegon, and he might influence Dany.

In his dream he was siding with bittersteel and Selmy with dragons fighting in the air, which could mean he would side with Aegon if Aegon is a Blackfyre.

Selmy could betray Dany for love if Septa Lemore= Ashara Dayne (However I do not believe in this theory)

He also might betray her if he believes Aegon is the rightful heir.

Or he might not betray her at all.

Also Quaithe warned Dany of a lion, which could be Tyrion deceiving her.

Both of these could be Dany's treasons.

Dorne looks likely to side with Aegon.

I also think the vale will side

However I am unsure of the rest, any thoughts and foreshadowing?

I am a fan of this theory of parallels, too. And, Tyrion being described as casting a large shadow makes me think he can be a great mediator or a great manipulator.

Broad strokes I think are shaping pretty clearly.

Aegon ends up with Rhaegal, team green, marries Arianne, has Dorne.

Dany team black Drogon.

Greyjoys team black, Viserion.

Viserion from Greyjoys to Tyrion.

Tyrion from team black to team Green.

Dany kills Aegon.

In the nuanced details, I think Tyrion will hold the throne either as king or reagent at the end and Sansa will be his queen. Dany will be forced to flee, will wind up going North.

And the green-black themes also works with the Emerald code.

The emeralds is a symbol of usurping power, and the Green Fork represented by Robert Baratheon killing Rhaegar Targaryen.

And the Blue Fork represents Jon Stark-Targaryen rising to power in the ashes of the DoD 2.0, as he saw from afar that the two duking it out south have not seen the REAL threat to Westeros; The OTHERS.

Both F!Aegon and Daenery will be the real losers of the DoD 2.0.; they will both die in battle, while Jon takes the Kingdom from them and use the resources to lead the fight against the Others.

Or Tyrion feeds fire to the war between the new greens and blacks and, as fallout, is killed in some way, thus bringing the line of the Lannisters of Casterly Rock to an end. This would be nicely ironic since generations earlier Rhaenyra at one point turns down the option of wiping out the Lannisters for good.

Of course, Tyrion does leave a bastard, the child he conceived with Illyrio's slave in Pentos.

Archived