Sigur Ros to Guest on Game of Thrones

Westeros

This may just be the shots filmed in one day ! 6 shots a day is more or less what to expect from filming such a difficult scene.

Nooooo way.

They're definitely scenes, 6 scenes in a day is a pretty good amount. Plus that's a stripboard, they show which scenes will be filmed on which days.

As for how much of the episode this would take up, the pages gives a good indication of that. It's not the page number, but the amount of pages that each of the scenes take up (split into eighths for fractions). So adding them all up gives us 8 4/8 or 8 and a half pages, which is roughly 8 and a half minutes depending on the scenes. They all seem pretty dialogue heavy and dialogue tends to translate pretty much 1 page to 1 minute of screen time.

So, 8 and a half pages out of a roughly 60 page script, there's certainly still a lot more to be done for that episode.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yessss, i love Sigur Ros! I'd love to hear them do The Last of the Giants, especially because their Icelandic-ness just screams Wildling to me and the song itself would suit their haunting, echoey sound.

The Rains of Castamere was played a few times at the Purple Wedding so i wouldn't be surprised if they performed it, but personally i think it would be a waste to keep going over Castamere when there are so many other songs.

Six Sorrows, as sung by Marillion in his sky cell, would also be lovely from Sigur Ros. Just imagine their lovely sounds drifting over the Vale...

It's awesome how much D&D love Sigur Ros. First the amazing 'All of Us' trailer for season 3, now them actually being on the show. I can't wait to see what they perform at the Purple Wedding. I'm hoping for a rendition of 'The Dornishman's Wife' among others.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

They've covered The Rains of Castamere and Amazon has it down for being released on the 13th so I guess it's possible they'll be playing it during the PW.

Yes, I saw an article that they are the wedding band (and that Joffrey, as usual, will be a d*ckhead to them and other 'servants' at his wedding)

Their version has kinda funeral music feel to it, I think they will play it during end credits, mirroring National's rendition playing after Cersei's joy+Lannister triumph in Blackwater.

I like that a lot...it would be nice symmetry to the Lannister story-line.

Selfishly, I want it to be The Dornishman's Wife, though I've heard this version captures it perfectly (I also much prefer their Bear and the Maiden Fair): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrJoAy6-or0

I would love to hear Sigur Ros record a version of "The Last of the Giants" that could play over the credits of Episode 9. Their musical style seems like it would be ideal for such a heartfelt and melancholy song. However, going off of their rumored appearance at the Royal Wedding, it will likely be another version of "The Rains of Castamere". Oh well, I'm sure it will still be great.

They've covered The Rains of Castamere and Amazon has it down for being released on the 13th so I guess it's possible they'll be playing it during the PW.

It's up on Youtube now. I think it's a good version of the song, very different to The National's version. It is a bit weird hearing Sigur Ros singing in English.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived