[Spoilers all] What if Theon's wiener ...

The Traveler

@Theon losing his dick: It happened... Thank god, that GRRM chooses to be subtle about many things and leaves them for us to puzzle out, instead of making everything obvious and explicit.* There are enaugh hints which are so strong if put together, that this ceases to be just a theory. And if that doesn't convince you, then GRRM writing the GoT episode where Theon's dick is explicitly cut off should do the trick...

If you like, you can keep arguing that all the hints are not proof, that it's still possible he has his dick etc... but I don't think that approach leads to much enjoyment reading the books.

*ETA clarification: I don't mean it's good he does that because it would be too brutal otherwise, but because he takes the readers for intelligent people who can figure stuff out by themselves.

Ramsay asks Theon if his cock is pressing up against his breeches when he looks at FArya spread eagle. Was it said in jest? I'm not so sure.

He asks if she makes his cock hard, and if he wanted to fuck her first. The Lord of Winterfel should have that right. Then he remembers "Oh, I forgot that you're no lord, just my creature who doesn't even have a cock. Sorry! Honest mistake."

Ramsay flayed his penis and did whatever else (probably vinegar-related) until Theon asked for it to be cut off, which it then was. I don't think it's suspicious at all given other POVs hiding things from the reader. Dany hid her intentions for the Unsullied throughout that Astapor chapter, Ned hid R+L=J whenever he thought about Rhaegar or Jon or Lyanna, Cat hid her intention for Jaime when she asked for Brienne's sword, Cersei hid her killing of her childhood friend when it was brought up, yadda yadda.

Yeah. The chapters aren't stream-of-consciousness POVs, we don't see everything that our character thinks at any given moment. They're narrated by a third person who can look inside the character's head, and choose to omit certain things.

All that aside he is definitely castrated,

why else would he be so paranoid about being seen naked

I definitely think he was castrated, that being said there are other explanations in terms of why he doesn't want to be seen naked. Perhaps his penis was flayed, in which case he would not want his mutilated penis to be seen.

I definitely think he was castrated, that being said there are other explanations in terms of why he doesn't want to be seen naked. Perhaps his penis was flayed, in which case he would not want his mutilated penis to be seen.

Theon's been very explicit about how the pain that follows flaying can't be endured for long, as soon as the flesh starts cracking and festering.

Funny side note: Fingers don't have muscles (apart from those that make your hair stand up), so technically there wouldn't be any exposed flesh left after skinning. The drying flesh he's talking about must be his man-meat.

I wonder if Ramsay also let his balls dangle in the fresh air.

My opinion is that Stannis and the Dreadfort must have some extremely competent maesters, with their ability to not lose people in the immediate aftermath of the mutilations that take place: The fact that Theon hasn't contracted a single case of infection through the removal of three fingers, some toes and possibly penis is quite remarkable, at least as far as the real world would be concerned.

It could explain Ramsay's quip. With a bit of a penis left to him, Theon might still experience an erection.

Ramsay teasing Theon about what he's not able to do any more explains it too. Same as when someone would tell Jaime "You wanna give me a hand here? Ha ha"

My opinion is that Stannis and the Dreadfort must have some extremely competent maesters, with their ability to not lose people in the immediate aftermath of the mutilations that take place: The fact that Theon hasn't contracted a single case of infection through the removal of three fingers, some toes and possibly penis is quite remarkable, at least as far as the real world would be concerned.

I've thought that too. Damn the maester of Dreadfort really knows his job. Maybe we even get to meet him someday.

Ramsay teasing Theon about what he's not able to do any more explains it too. Same as when someone would tell Jaime "You wanna give me a hand here? Ha ha"

I agree 100%. Like Varys, Theon's castration goes beyond castration and was performed "root and stem".

I think that Ramsay flayed Theon's poor manhood an inch at a time and let it fester for days until Theon begged him to cut it off, just like he did with Theon's fingers. And yes, Theon would ask for it after a while, because it would have been monstrously painful.

Oof... after reading your message I got the mental image of poor Lady Hornwood trying to gnaw off her flayed fingers... and then my thoughts went back to Theon... :eek: why did I come back to this thread?

I think that Ramsay flayed Theon's poor manhood an inch at a time and let it fester for days until Theon begged him to cut it off, just like he did with Theon's fingers. And yes, Theon would ask for it after a while, because it would have been monstrously painful.

I think he would just have to make a circular incision around the skin beneath the tip, and one on the stem. Then he could just pull the skin off easily.

I really wonder if he gave his scrotum the same treatment,

That reminds me, Ramsay sends Asha a piece of prince. She holds it into a candle flame and burns it. I think that implies, that it was a thin piece of skin, not like from a finger.

It's very unlikely that Theon's Penis could have been flayed and just left as-is. Infection would quickly set in, and would spread and kill Theon. That's why when the pain from flayed fingers gets so bad - the exposed flesh gets infected very easily, it's an open wound. The only way to close that sort of thing is with skin grafts, antibiotics and careful, sterile medical attention. Since these don't exist in Westeros, the only other option is to lop off flayed appendages to stop the infection.

I know it's hard to come to grips with for some reason, but no, Theon's Penis That Was Promised is not coming back. It's not been there all along, hiding, waiting for the perfect time to reveal its true identity and take the Iron Throne.

It's very unlikely that Theon's Penis could have been flayed and just left as-is. Infection would quickly set in, and would spread and kill Theon. That's why when the pain from flayed fingers gets so bad - the exposed flesh gets infected very easily, it's an open wound. The only way to close that sort of thing is with skin grafts, antibiotics and careful, sterile medical attention. Since these don't exist in Westeros, the only other option is to lop off flayed appendages to stop the infection.

I know it's hard to come to grips with for some reason, but no, Theon's Penis That Was Promised is not coming back. It's not been there all along, hiding, waiting for the perfect time to reveal its true identity and take the Iron Throne.

True, but any big open wounds get infected, so they must have treated him somehow.

Also - PTWP? - Priceless :D :D :D :D

It makes more sense for me story-wise if it's flayed/damaged as opposed to straight-up removed. But, given the evidence from the books, it looks like it's been moved.

Why does that make more sense story-wise?

And why do some people (I don't mean you) believe that Theon's penis was mutilated instead of cut off?

There's not much - if any - explicit stuff mentioned regarding Theon's junk. All the hints are about not being a man any more etc., which then leads to the conclusion that Ramsay completely castrated Theon (and worse).

If he'd just think about "That time when Ramsay took his knife to my dick and started doing stuff..." then I could understand making a case for half-assed genital mutilation. But as it is, there's really no other option than straight out castration, root and stem.

Archived