GOODKIND VIII: It's Not Terrorism If We Do It!

Werthead

I could be wrong about this, but I believe Mystar said a while back that the Chainfire Trilogy wraps up the 'story arc' ( :o ) begun in WFR. There will be more books set in the same world (shivers).

You know, I never really felt that there was much of a continuing story in this series. Hobbes trilogies or ASOIAF or even WOT all have a story line that spans several books. After the first 5 or books in this series I felt that any one of them could be read independently without losing much.

Maybe there will be books set after Richard becomes God-Emperor of Goodkindworld (does Goodkind's world have an official name, btw?). Terry could write an epic novel describing the resulting objectivist (fascist?) utopia where everyone exercises his freedom by kicking children's heads in and shows his moral clarity and ethical superiority by torturing criminals to death or something.

Yes, I in fact remember this as well: god, that depresses me.

Now I'm just thinking that they'll kill the Imperial Order off in the last book, and then we'll have another like 12 books to deal with, probably involving them cleaning up the Imperial mess, Kahlan having a child, Richard rebuilding the Jedi academy...

But then, guess what! An even more threatening threat! Something insidious like Brother Narev's clone was living in a cave and has a bunch of goats that have been twisted and brainwashed, and now they are head-butting everything in sight! Or Darken Rahl comes back for the 4th time (I think), and he's leading an army of ghost dragons from the Underworld, who have machine guns and Marxist ideals!

Or even better, maybe he'll do some more prequel work (a la Debt of Bones), with Zedd, or other wizards who's stuff Richard keeps picking up, and that's about all they were good for, plot-wise. "Story arc", pshaw...

I could be wrong about this, but I believe Mystar said a while back that the Chainfire Trilogy wraps up the 'story arc' ( :o ) begun in WFR. There will be more books set in the same world (shivers).

I suppose if anyone was going to know, it'd be Mystar...not that he and Terry are the same person. We're not saying that! But he would know.

Would other stories in the same world be histories? Future stories? An unknown peasant boy carries the last shred of the Richard Rahl DNA sequence and has to seek out the Sword of Truth, lost for an age to become the next Seeker of Truth? Yeah...that wouldn't be fantasy... :P

Oh Jeebus! Who's Richard going to be going after in these books? Environmentalists? Homosexuals? Liberals?

Oh Jeebus! Who's Richard going to be going after in these books? Environmentalists? Homosexuals? Liberals?

well, Mystar will have given G--dK-nd a dossier on all of us, and we will be the poorly written Evildoers in the future books.

i now have a horrible image if an evil moose that is not a moose, plotting its evil schemes with some kind of Kung Fu fighting Crustacean of pure evil.... :sick:

well, Mystar will have given G--dK-nd a dossier on all of us, and we will be the poorly written Evildoers in the future books.

i now have a horrible image if an evil moose that is not a moose, plotting its evil schemes with some kind of Kung Fu fighting Crustacean of pure evil.... :sick:

That might be entertaining enough to read though! We'll cackle like chickens that aren't chickens, but pure evil over the lines we'll spout... :lol:

:lol:

Not to mention the new Evil, rising from behind a magic barrier of some sort to explain why we haven't heard of them before. Those terrorist jackals of evil, the Eurozan Collective.

That might be entertaining enough to read though! We'll cackle like chickens that aren't chickens, but pure evil over the lines we'll spout...

he might do it as the Son of Seeker books - with us as the school yeard bullies that Richard JR has to deal with - kind of like Malfoy and his cronies in the Harry Potter books, only not as well characterised, written or evil.

edit: we'll probably also be the school paper's staff - campaigning for free speach, particularly when it comes to voicing opinions that go against the doctrine/propoganda/teachings of the great God Emperor Richard - thus showing our true evil!

I would die and go to heaven if this happened. Especially if I got to kill somebody important before dying a really nasty death. Immortalized in a Goodkind (BBNC) book! Like having a bust of me sculpted out of manure.

I'm guessing all of the above...maybe Richard starts a formalized CIA-style intelligence agency, that the homosexual, liberal, environmental, socially-conscious jackals go after. Richard then passes a D'Haran Homeland Security bill, rounds up these dissenting Truth-haters, and puts them through a re-education seminar, Rahl-style. The itinerary for the first three days follows:

Day 1 - All Sessions Taught by Lord Rahl

8:00 am - 8:30 am - Introductions

8:30 am - 9:00 am - My Foot Getting to Know Your Child's Jaw.

9:00 am - 2:00 pm (no break for lunch) - Why Your Thoughts and Opinions Are Wrong.

2:00 pm - 2:01 pm - Q & A Session

2:02 pm - 3:00 pm - Systematic Beating of Any Who Asked a Question

3:00 pm - 5:00 pm - Rambling Discourse about Truth

6:00 pm - 8:00 pm - Imperial-themed dinner "How Can You Commies Live With Yourselves", testicle buffet

Day 2

8:00 am - 9:00 am - Why Our Torture is Right, and Anyone Else's is Wrong, Guest Instructors Nicci and Verna.

9:00 am - 4:00 pm - Lord Rahl Yells At You

4:00 pm - 4:30 pm - Lord Rahl Shows Off Some Heroic Poses, and a Few of His Wicked Awesome Sword Maneuvers.

4:30 pm - 5:00 pm - Family Round Table: Your Objectivist Relatives Come in and Berate You For Your Weak Visions and Ideals.

Day 3

All Day - Remorseless Slaying of Your Families (regardless of their opinions, because they are supporting you just by existing) and Then, Yourself.

:lol: Well done Vigo.

I can't help but wonder (apart from the $$$) what the point will be of carrying on this bloody series after the next book? Assuming that the Order is stopped, the magic of Orden and Chainfire are countered, what the hell next? Yet another massive army, more massive than the Order? A more insanely powerful magic that will destroy the world and release the Keeper? What? If the odds don't get bigger then whats the point? There's barely a story right now!

:lol: Well done Vigo.

I can't help but wonder (apart from the $$$) what the point will be of carrying on this bloody series after the next book? Assuming that the Order is stopped, the magic of Orden and Chainfire are countered, what the hell next? Yet another massive army, more massive than the Order? A more insanely powerful magic that will destroy the world and release the Keeper? What? If the odds don't get bigger then whats the point? There's barely a story right now!

Well the first apparition of the Order was kinda contrived already. Darken Rahl was bad enough, one would think. But no, worse was coming!!!!!! Completely pointless. Especially as Rahl sr wouldn't cooperate and stay dead all the way through.

I think the Keeper himself will come alive Godzilla style, and Richard will defeat him single handedly by making speeches at him. What do you think?

Vigo :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah, I think that there will be some sort of gigantic end-scene, where Richard will make a speech of such magnitude, the Imperial Order will *poof*, disappear because of his unerring logic. Sort of like Douglas Adams' portrayal of god vanishing in a puff of logic.

Otherwise, maybe (even though TG is "anti-religion"), that Richard will die, the Empire will be overthrown by the masses, and then he will be resurrected by the Truth. I'm just picturing an SoT communion.

"And [Richard Rahl] took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is the wisdom of my beard given for you; do this in remembrance of me.†In the same way, after the supper he took the spaghetti, saying, “This pasta is the flowing truth of my ponytail, which is bound up for you.â€

—2nd Yeardrithians, 2:17-19

Nay, the Pastafarian sect worships not the wisdom coming from the lips betwixt Lord Rahl's beard, nor the singular Truths to be found in the Ponytail parables. These despicable heretics only choose to revere the delicious pasta found within the analogy.

"Behold, they [Pastafarians] are less than Communists and Non-Objectivists: for they twist the Truth and cover it with sumptuous sauces, both tomato and cheese-based." Letter To St. Yeardi, 1:1

Prepare to vomit, people...

According to our DLF mystar, looks like that book just hit #1 on the NYT List :sick:

I think the interesting number will be a month from now. I'm guessing there were 50K books sold in the past week or so to make it so, #1. But then again, I'm hoping it'll be ordered to go take a #2 and flush itself out of the bestselling lists ;)

Archived