(BOOK SPOILERS) Predictions

furiousmoose0

Brienne and Pod happen upon the Hound and Arya and promptly try to rescue her, resulting in another rad fight scene, the Hound and Brienne nearly dying, and Arya fleeing to Braavos, because she quite simply doesn't trust Brienne and Pod yet. I could see next year that Septon Chayle rescues both Brienne and the Hound, but doesn't tell Brienne that the Hound is alive.

Why Septon Chayle ? Isn't he at Winterfell ?

-We also know that Rickon and Osha will make brief appearances.

How do we know they will appear? I've only seen people saying this, because there was an IMDB-entry for the actress who plays Osha, but IMDB is no reliable source.. Are there other sources that proof this?

Why Septon Chayle ? Isn't he at Winterfell ?

I think he confused him with Septon Meribald? Or the Elder Brother from the Quiet Isle?

Here, in replacement of that thread, I did my best to sum up what we know/think

What we know (spoilers)

• 66 minute episode
  • Stannis’s troops save the day (from the promo)
  • Dany chains her dragons (promo)
  • Cersei kisses Jaime (promo, probably repurposed White Tower scene in which Cersei makes a pass at Jaime and he refuses)
  • Tyrion is freed (foreshadowing video includes shot of Tyrion in a the tunnel with Jaime, promo shot of Varys)
  • Tyrion finds Shae in his father’s bed (one of the pre-season trailers)
  • Tyrion creeps towards Tywin’s door with a crossbow (promo) and likely kills him (soundtrack title “You are no son of mine”)
  • We get a scene with Qyburn, The Mountain, and Cersei (interview with the actor who plays Qyburn)
  • Brienne and The Hound fight, Brienne bites his ear off and his leg gets broken (promo shot of the Hound talking to someone in her armor, Emmy prosthetics submission description of The Hound missing an ear and having a broken leg, Christie’s interview in a foreshadowing where she tells us she bites off a man’s ear)
  • Wights attack Bran (Emmy description, discussion of “battle” in the final episode that is very heavy on special effects)
  • Bran meets COTF and Bloodraven (Emmy prosthetics description, casting news, shot of Bran in cave from season trailers)
  • Ayra boards a ship (ship captain was cast)
  • Actress who plays Mel talked about riding a horse, and there’s a shot of her with a wall of ice, meaning we’re likely to get an additional Wall scene after Stannis saves the day

What we think (speculation)

• Cersei will either strongly hint or outright tell Tywin she and Jaime made her kids (her line from the trailer)
  • LS will probably be in, Brienne may be involved (“Oathbreaker” soundtrack ends on a discordant and jarring note, the minute prior to this moment involves strings playing a similar melody as when Thoros resurrected Beric last season, Headey’s spoilery Instagram shot, Fairley’s evasive answer in a recent interview)
  • There’s a slight chance Rickon will appear (Osha credited on IMDB, but very dubious source)
  • There’s an even slighter chance Tywin will imply that Tyrion is the Mad King’s son (really, almost forget this; there’s just a very, very slim chance it could be, so figured I’d throw it in)
  • It is unlikely that we’ll see Sansa or the Boltons (most people’s prediction based on time constraints and the momentous feel of their final scenes)

EDIT: Did I leave anything out?

Great breakdown, Chebyshov

Yeah that's what I figured but you never know.

Nah, it's in there, just out of order. I wrote this on my commute, so not sure how logical the flow was, lol.

As for the Meribald stuff, I'm a bit mystified why we'd need him at all given that Brienne will now explicitly see The Hound's fate, or at least know that he's not chilling with any Stark girls. Also, if Meribald = HS (as some hypothesized), and they still want Brienne to meet him, then that won't be until next season, if at all. I just have a feeling there will be no QI stuff,

Nah, it's in there, just out of order. I wrote this on my commute, so not sure how logical the flow was, lol.

As for the Meribald stuff, I'm a bit mystified why we'd need him at all given that Brienne will now explicitly see The Hound's fate, or at least know that he's not chilling with any Stark girls. Also, if Meribald = HS (as some hypothesized), and they still want Brienne to meet him, then that won't be until next season, if at all. I just have a feeling there will be no QI stuff,

Yeah I saw you'd included it , edited my post.

And yesn I've given up on seeing any book material for Brienne, as much as it pains me. What I don't get is what kind of closure she may have if she doesn't meet with LS ; most likely she'll end up badly injured, and they just can't let her lie there until next season, can they ?

And yesn I've given up on seeing any book material for Brienne, as much as it pains me. What I don't get is what kind of closure she may have if she doesn't meet with LS ; most likely she'll end up badly injured, and they just can't let her lie there until next season, can they ?

Well also, if LS is in the Riverlands, Brienne and Pod would have no reason to backtrack. If LS is in the Vale (why) then they'd have to meet this episode, no? So either way LS and her location will be potentially problematic.

Frankly, if Brienne and Pod don't meet her, what would their next move even be? They'll know Arya got away (would they try and follow her on a ship?) but they still want Sansa, but their run-in with Ayra should rule the Eyrie out for them. So would they head to the Wall? I'm almost positive they'd be involved in an LS reveal just for that reason.

^She somehow needs to meet LS, or at least someone who believably persuades her to search fro Jaime/take him with her. I don't think that their story doesn't go anywhere in the books or is pointless.

How do we know they will appear? I've only seen people saying this, because there was an IMDB-entry for the actress who plays Osha, but IMDB is no reliable source.. Are there other sources that proof this?

That's true. I will edit the original post. I can see them throwing in a brief shot of them, however, if for no other reason than reminding viewers that they, you know, exist.

Here, in replacement of that thread, I did my best to sum up what we know/think

What we know (spoilers)

• 66 minute episode
  • Stannis’s troops save the day (from the promo)
  • Dany chains her dragons (promo)
  • Cersei kisses Jaime (promo, probably repurposed White Tower scene in which Cersei makes a pass at Jaime and he refuses)
  • Tyrion is freed (foreshadowing video includes shot of Tyrion in a the tunnel with Jaime, promo shot of Varys)
  • Tyrion finds Shae in his father’s bed (one of the pre-season trailers)
  • Tyrion creeps towards Tywin’s door with a crossbow (promo) and likely kills him (soundtrack title “You are no son of mine”)
  • We get a scene with Qyburn, The Mountain, and Cersei (interview with the actor who plays Qyburn)
  • Brienne and The Hound fight, Brienne bites his ear off and his leg gets broken (promo shot of the Hound talking to someone in her armor, Emmy prosthetics submission description of The Hound missing an ear and having a broken leg, Christie’s interview in a foreshadowing where she tells us she bites off a man’s ear)
  • Wights attack Bran (Emmy description, discussion of “battle” in the final episode that is very heavy on special effects)
  • Bran meets COTF and Bloodraven (Emmy prosthetics description, casting news, shot of Bran in cave from season trailers)
  • Ayra boards a ship (ship captain was cast)
  • Actress who plays Mel talked about riding a horse, and there’s a shot of her with a wall of ice, meaning we’re likely to get an additional Wall scene after Stannis saves the day
What we think (speculation)
  • Cersei will either strongly hint or outright tell Tywin she and Jaime made her kids (her line from the trailer)
  • LS will probably be in, Brienne may be involved (“Oathbreaker” soundtrack ends on a discordant and jarring note, the minute prior to this moment involves strings playing a similar melody as when Thoros resurrected Beric last season, Headey’s spoilery Instagram shot, Fairley’s evasive answer in a recent interview)
  • There’s a slight chance Rickon will appear (Osha credited on IMDB, but very dubious source)
  • There’s an even slighter chance Tywin will imply that Tyrion is the Mad King’s son (really, almost forget this; there’s just a very, very slim chance it could be, so figured I’d throw it in)
  • It is unlikely that we’ll see Sansa or the Boltons (most people’s prediction based on time constraints and the momentous feel of their final scenes)
EDIT: Did I leave anything out?

According to Foodie, Arya kills Pod. I find this extremly unlikely since Pod is needed for LS and Brienne's encounter. Also, I don't see why they would have the viewing audience turn on Arya Stark by having her make that stupid decision

According to Foodie, Arya kills Pod. I find this extremly unlikely since Pod is needed for LS and Brienne's encounter. Also, I don't see why they would have the viewing audience turn on Arya Stark by having her make that stupid decision

Good thing that that person was banned for being a lying a-hole then I guess.

We know Brienne gets badly injured in AFFC(her face gets eaten by Biter. The cruelest moment for GRRM in my opinion) so this fight with the hound can sort of replace that

That's true. I will edit the original post. I can see them throwing in a brief shot of them, however, if for no other reason than reminding viewers that they, you know, exist.

No need to edit, I just wondered if there might have been a more reliable source.. but it sure would be nice to at least see them again. A lot of Unsullied are aksing where they might be or why we never saw them again. But maybe we'll see them in S05, before or shortly after Davos is sent to look for Rickon, by Manderly or even by Stannis. In the show, Jon knows, his brothers aren't dead, so he might ask Stannis to look for them or something. But that's another topic

I tried my best to leave any of the "spoilers" from the "screenings" out of this. Hence my big disclaimer before the A+J=T part of my post, which I only included because it's not exactly a new fan theory.

I guess Ayra killing Pod is decent speculation that I also could have included, but it makes little sense to me. Especially since Brienne chooses "sword" to save Pod's life, not her own. Killing Pod would ruin a Brienne character moment, and certainly an Arya character moment, unless they feel like she has to go darker sooner. Maybe they think Pod is as sympathetic to us as Dareon?

Two facts:

1) Lady Stoneheart is going to be in the show. Way too many clues for it.

2) Foody was a major troll, good for Ran for banning him.

This and this.

Archived