(BOOK SPOILERS) Predictions

furiousmoose0

I believe if these key scenes are in the finale it will be the best episode of the season:

1. Jamie frees Tyrion from King's Landing and confesses to him about his wife Tysha. Varys reluctantly leads him to the Tower of the Hand. Tyrion finds Shae in Tywin's bed and deals with her however they portray it. Tyrion finds Tywin on the chamber pot. He asks him about Tysha. Tywin calls her a whore, Tyrion kills him with a crossbow bolt.

2. We see the death of Balon Greyjoy or Yara hears of it, but it would be epic to see him blown off that bridge.

3. We meet Val, Dalla, and Varamyr Sixskins. During their talks Stannis arrives with his army.

4. We get to see one of the Children of the Forest, Bloodraven is almost certain to appear, but it would be awesome to see Leaf burning the wights. We could possibly even see Coldhands too.

5. We need Arya to warg Nymeria.

6. Lady Stoneheart.

1) Will make unsullied viewers go ballistic (in a shocked good way). Will make book readers go ballistic if the Aerys bomb is dropped.

2) I don't think they will cut it but I could be wrong. Last season, we saw a snippet of the Greyjoys in the finale. It will only require a few minutes and in a 66 minute episode, that's more than enough time.

3)Varamyr Sixskins is being cast for next season as we speak. I think Val and Dalla will cut to next season too. Stannis arriving will epic and also make the unsullied viewers go ballistic (in a good way).

4) Doubt it about Coldhands but the the rest is going to be super exciting.

5) Not likely but they have to get into Jon Snow and Arya's warging abilities big time next season though.

6) Most likely will be the final scene.

In any case, there will be many good reaction video from the unsullied come Monday. And then our long watch begins again. (Unless the WoW comes out in 2015 which is still possible.

I believe if these key scenes are in the finale it will be the best episode of the season:

1. Jamie frees Tyrion from King's Landing and confesses to him about his wife Tysha. Varys reluctantly leads him to the Tower of the Hand. Tyrion finds Shae in Tywin's bed and deals with her however they portray it. Tyrion finds Tywin on the chamber pot. He asks him about Tysha. Tywin calls her a whore, Tyrion kills him with a crossbow bolt.

2. We see the death of Balon Greyjoy or Yara hears of it, but it would be epic to see him blown off that bridge.

3. We meet Val, Dalla, and Varamyr Sixskins. During their talks Stannis arrives with his army.

4. We get to see one of the Children of the Forest, Bloodraven is almost certain to appear, but it would be awesome to see Leaf burning the wights. We could possibly even see Coldhands too.

5. We need Arya to warg Nymeria.

6. Lady Stoneheart.

whatever happens, it will be THE best episode in the show. and I'm gonna go with humble this time and won't hope for LS, Arya warging or Balon's death.

but if LS makes entrance, happy dance will occur...

The introduction of Bloodraven and the Children of the Forest is probably my most anticipated moment of the entire TV series (at least to this point). Ever since I read that passage in ADwD I've been anxiously awaiting it's arrival on the show. They are such interesting characters in that: they represent a very strong fantasy counterpoint to much of the political intrigue going on in other storylines; they seem benevolent yet possess enough eery characteristics to give them a sense of mystery; they will undoubtedly play a major role in the larger conflict of the series; and their physical descriptions are just down-right awesome to try to picture.

I was elated when it was announced earlier this year that Bloodraven and a Child of the Forest (potentially in a "Leaf"-like role) were both cast. I became even more excited when I read the details of Bloodraven's physical appearance in the series via the Emmy leak. It seems like they are sticking very close to the text and sparing no expense to make him look incredible. Righteous.

All that said, I still think a Lady Stoneheart reveal (if she's in) is the far better final scene of this season. I watch the show weekly with 4 or 5 Unsullied viewers and I can say with certainty that the effect of an LS reveal would simply be far more jarring, shocking, resonant, and noteworthy right now than a first glimpse of BR. I expect the average viewer to be intrigued by the BR reveal, but nothing more. They will have no context by which to understand why he's so important or even who he truly is (Brynden Rivers' backstory hasn't been so much as mentioned in passing once in the TV series if my memory serves). Sure, they will hopefully find his physical appearance cool/scary/weird and will want to learn more about him and his relationship to Bran, but I can't imagine anyone jumping off their couch at his reveal.

Lady Stoneheart on the other hand, should conjure up a more pronounced response in just about everyone. It's a WTF! OMG! I DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING! moment. It's the return of a major character thought dead (which is already shocking enough) but also in a physical form that should be very unsettling to behold. It's also the beginning of an ongoing series of events in retribution for the Red Wedding, which many viewers thirst for. It simply makes too much sense not to use.

The last 3 scenes of the season simply have to be BR/CotF -> Tywin/Shae -> LS or Tywin/Shae -> BR/CotF -> LS. Were either the case, the last 20 minutes of the episode would be the very definition of water-cooler talk.

Agree. And the 'falling out' with Jaime is oh so much more than a mere falling out. Tyrion's sister has tried to have him killed, she hates him and humiliates and hurts him at every opportunity. Tyrion's father despises him, humiliated him his whole life (gave him the job of taking care of the sewers at the Rock), and has sentenced him to death even though he surely knows Tyrion had nothing to do with Joff's death. Only Jaime--only Jaime--was always trusted, always Tyrion's friend and trusted brother. With the Tysha reveal, Tyrion learns that his trust in his brother has been a lie all these years. And, he learns at the same time that a sweet young girl all those years ago really did love him, for himself, and that his brother and father conspired together to destroy that, destroy her, destroy him. It's soul-crushing, nothing less. And that's why Tysha has to be in.

Excuse me??? Are you talking from Tyrion´s perspective or is it really what you think? because if it is the latter I don´t think we have read the same books..

Jaime did not conspire with Tywin to destroy Thysa or Tyrion or whatever.. Tywin asked Jaime to tell Tyrion this lie. And we know how Tywin is and we know that none of his children has dared too much to contradict him! Hey, even grown-up Tyrion had to marry Sansa because his father told him so..

So even if it was not nice for Jaime to lie to Tyrion, we can understand why he did it. And in any case it was not to hurt Tyrion. Jaime has protected and helped Tywion all his life.. Nor was it to destroy Thysa. Jaime had no idea what Tywin will do to her- he says it and we can trust what he says because he is not a cruel man. Tywin probably told Jaime that Thysa was after the Lannister´s money and that he will pay her and send her away and everybody will be happy. He probably told Jaime that Jaime was doing Tyrion a favor..

So Jaime didn´t conspire at all to destroy Tyrion. He did what his father asked him to do, probably trying to convince himself that he was ince again helping Tyrion. And yes, he did a mistake.. but he didn´t do it with bad intentions..

As to the fact that Tyrion trustingime is a lie.. this is not true either. yes, Jime wronged Tyrion once, but he did not do it in bad faith!! He has always cared for Tyrion, even since they were small. He has always helped Tyrion. Look what he does now: go against Tywin and Cercei, and his oaths and his duty to help Tyrion escape!!

So while I understand Tyrion´s rage in the scene that is to come, I also think that Tyrion is being unfair with Jaime. He forgets everything that Jaime has done for him, just because of one mistake!!

How do you think they will introduce Bloodraven? I mean, in the book Brynden Rivers is mentioned several times...

I thought that when Maester Aemon and Sam met in the library in the last episode the two mentioned Bloodraven as a previous LC and a Targaryen (but I was wrong).

My 2 cents is that they will just show us Bloodraven calling him the 3EC, then in next season either he will explain his story to Bran or we will hear Rivers' story in another plotline (like the wall, again with Maester Aemon and Jon/Sam).

Hi All. I'm new here but I just thought i'd share what I hope happens. (in a kinda roundabout order) I'm one of those who came into Game of thrones very very late. I'm so Unsullied. :ack: I need to do some serious reading / catch up. I think as a viewer, but not avid reader of the books, Lady Stoneheart would be the clincher, assuming she's handled well. Shock value alone. Right at the very end. There's been some great viewing this season. End it on a high with a certain frey getting his due maybe. That would be epic. What goes around comes around.

1. Tyrion. I am looking forward to seeing how they handle him from being resigned to his sentence, to being freed, to being able to take revenge on Shae and His Father. The poor fellow has been through some serious stress this season and it will be wonderful for him to finally be able to get some payback.
2. Stannis arriving with his army. Should be some fairly epic stuff going on. How will the Jon, Mance, Stannis thing play out on screen?
3. The Children of the Forest. For those that have not caught up yet (myself included) we find out how they actually might fit into the greater picture maybe?
4. Arya and the Hound. Will they come across Brienne? Hopefully.

5. The Hound injured. I actually like the hound. Hope he still has both ears. :drunk:

6. The dragons chained. Do they have a taste for human flesh? How will Deny react to having to chain them up?

7. Lady Stoneheart. I only know a little bit about Lady Stoneheart. Would the writers leave her out? Surely that would be insane. Lady Stoneheart unveiling her face at the end of the episode and maybe Brienne's reaction.

Right. That's me back to lurking. I'll be back after Episode 10 (and some serious book reading).

The episode will definetly end with something north of the wall, probably Bran. Season 1 ended with Dany (fire). Season 2 White Walkers (ice), Season 3 Crowdsurfing (fire) soooo... Season 4 will be ice. Martin's book prologues do the same alternation between Ice and all things not Ice so it makes sense that D&D keep the Ice and Fire balance in their cut scenes.

Not long to go now, it's ridiculous how much time I spend thinking about a TV show! I have to say that I really hope Stoneheart is in after all this speculating but I wouldn't be surprised if not. The epilogue from Storm is one of the best written chapters in the series and I would love to see it play out like that in every way.

Am i missing something or are the two other topics closed for some reason?

It was either due to trolls or spoilers. Hopefully it wasn't due to spoilers as, if so, mods are going to lose trust.

Is it really important that Bloodraven is really Bryndan Rivers? I mean it's cool and stuff but from a narrative perspective, does it matter?

Maybe the series will just make him a manifestation of the old gods?

yes it's important because that is who he really is and it affects his motivations. He will probably share his true name and history to bran next year in one of their conversations as he did in the book.

It's very odd. My guess would be it's because they contained spoilers.

Ran said that the guy posting stuff about the episode was a troll, but why delete the entire 150 page long thread of people's posts...that I really don't know. If anything axing the whole thread in hurry makes me think there was a lot of truth about this poster's info.

Well it was an unwieldy thread, but I would have preferred a lock. We'd been posting in that for 3 weeks, lol.

But trolls and "spoilers" aside, is there any reason we're even doubting if LS will be in? The show has always hit the major plot points, even if it deviates in its own way. And this finale is the first opportunity for them to show her, unless they wanted to do the Nymeria scene last year, which was always unlikely.

Archived