(BOOK SPOILERS) Predictions

furiousmoose0

Alright through episode 8 we have a good idea of where the season will end. The finale of this season will most likely more infamous than the Red Wedding. Here is what I think will happen.

The final scene will be Tyrion killing Shae and Tywin.

Jon will be elected to LC (episode 9 seems like its going to cover a lot of ground at the wall).

The Hound will die and Arya will be headed for Bravos. It seems likely they will advance it as far as her entering the HoBaW.

I feel like they will do a final scene with Sansa but I'm not sure what. Episode 8 saw her character take a turn we knew she would but her storyline seems to have progressed to the books so expect some filler (a little more character development and evidently Robyn traveling the Vale. LF will probable make him beloved before killing him and blaming it on who he wants the Vale to attack).

Bran I think will end up meeting BR for the first time. Hard to come uo with more filler and they have to address him.

Thoughts?

Jon being elected LC is sort of up in the air. There's a whole thread about it, actually. Personally, I think they'll do it. There's "room" and he's got lots to do next year, anyways. Ep. 9, however, is likely to be the battles. I'm not sure it's the time to start election-talk. The NW will have Other things on their minds. Heh.

As for Sansa, several posters have mentioned (and I agree) that her arc is done. The final scene with her in 8 looked mighty close to a season-ender.

Bran is confirmed to meet BR, as Struan Rogers was cast in the part, and we haven't seen him yet.

The final scene will likely be LS.

It looks like just like the shot of Cersei's crying, Sansa walking away angirly was cut from the show - we saw that footage in trailers. I wonder if they also cut Cersei's screams about Tommen to Tywin.

My predictions:

1. Ygritte funeral / Melisandre taking Jon to Stannis / Stannis and Jon talk

2. KL scene with Mountain in agony and possibly Cersei and Qyburn

3. They will probably show Ellaria again

4. Brienne and Pod in a fight, possibly meeting Arya and Hound in the same scene + Arya leaving Hound

5. Arya + Bravos

6. Bran + CotF

7. Dany + bones / Dany + chaining of dragons

8. Tyrion's scenes

9. LS

@Sati, very plausible order, and I agree that Sansa's remaining scenes have probably been cut (I think there was like a shot of LF in his pajamas or something, but it looked like the Eyrie so I'll ignore that). I'm also going to go against the grain and say Jon is LC this year. I think they want to be done all ASOS content.

My guess:

1. Ygritte funeral/Mel, Jon, Stannis fireside chat (Stannis offers WF to Jon): 5 min

2. KL initial stuff (Mountain/Qyburn, if we see Ellaria maybe something about the skull): 5 min

3. Brienne and Pod fight Freys (ear chewing), maybe with Arya and the Hound weirding nearby: 6 min

4. Dany is presented with child bones: 3 min

5. Arya refuses the gift of mercy, ship captain conversation: 4 min

6. (I peg this as a 40% chance of happening) Rickon/Osha scene explaining their location: 3 min

7. Bran, BR, COTF: 10 min

8. The Wall election scene/Sam getting Jon LC: 9 min

9. Dany chains her dragons: 2 min

10. Tyrion's stuff: 15 min

11. LS: 3 min

Move minutes as fit, and feel free to remove the Rickon part and distribute that time as well. If Sansa is in at all (doubtful), her scene would be like, 2 minutes at most. But if it weren't for the episode title, I wouldn't even consider that a possibility.

I find it difficult to believe that there wouldn't be at least one scene involving Margaery in the finale. Either with Cersei to set up next season's Tommen tug-of-war or with Tommen himself.

Yeah, we haven't seen her in a bit. Take 2 minutes from Tyrion's stuff for Marg then? It wouldn't need to be an incredibly deep scene.

Yeah, we haven't seen her in a bit. Take 2 minutes from Tyrion's stuff for Marg then? It wouldn't need to be an incredibly deep scene.

It could even be a walk and talk scene for Cersei as she transitions to a meeting with Tywin or Jaime for example. I think that Margaery has to be there in some form though seeing how important she's going to be in S5.

I was wondering - was Dormer filming something else at the time of the filming of s4? Because she was gone for several episodes and it's strange she wasn't present at the audience during the trial by combat, I don't think she'll be in finale they will probably set KL storyline just by showing Cersei doing her evil/insane thing with someone

I was wondering - was Dormer filming something else at the time of the filming of s4? Because she was gone for several episodes and it's strange she wasn't present at the audience during the trial by combat, I don't think she'll be in finale they will probably set KL storyline just by showing Cersei doing her evil/insane thing with someone

Well she's certainly got a full plate with Hunger Games as well, so it's possible. I thought it was odd she wasn't at the TBC as well, but as far as I could tell, neither was Loras. There were some ladies in boobtastic Reach gowns out of focus behind Jaime's head though.

Truthfully, I think you could take her or leave her from the finale. She wouldn't be doing anything important, and if they want something about her, even having someone mention to Cersei that Tommen is off with her would be enough.

Truthfully, I think you could take her or leave her from the finale. She wouldn't be doing anything important, and if they want something about her, even having someone mention to Cersei that Tommen is off with her would be enough.

I actually believe we will get Margaery in the finale, as well as Olenna. In an interview with Roger Ashton-Griffiths, he began to speak about filming a scene with Dianna Rigg, but caught himself, saying it was a spoiler. This leads me to believe that Margaery's wedding to Tommen, or at least the lead-up might occur in the finale, signaling the "fight like beast until you tear him apart" line from Cersei we've heard in previews. Basically going back on everything she told Margaery in 4.05

Here's the aforementioned interview with Ashton-Griffiths: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zju7MZ58jzQ

I actually believe we will get Margaery in the finale, as well as Olenna. In an interview with Roger Ashton-Griffiths, he began to speak about filming a scene with Dianna Rigg, but caught himself, saying it was a spoiler. This leads me to believe that Margaery's wedding to Tommen, or at least the lead-up might occur in the finale, signaling the "fight like beast until you tear him apart" line from Cersei we've heard in previews. Basically going back on everything she told Margaery in 4.05

Here's the aforementioned interview with Ashton-Griffiths: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zju7MZ58jzQ

Speaking of which, I honestly can't believe how little Mace Tyrell has been in this season. They got a relatively big actor to speak, what, like 3 lines? I know he'll be around next year but I think they'd do well to at least give him something to do.

Personal prediction of the order of the episode :

- Ygritte's pyre. Stannis offer.

- Cersei / Tywin scene ----> Cersei / Qyburn / Mountain scene. (maybe Ellaria's departure somewhere in).

- Yara stuff (going back to Pyke ?)

- Brienne and Pod running into trouble.

- Dany chaining her dragons.

- Arya and Hound running into trouble. Refuses to finish him, abandon him.

- Maybe some Sansa stuff in here.

- Sam and Aemon preparing the election.

- Arya setting sail.

- Lord Commander election.

- Bran, WW, wights, CotF, cave, Bloodraven.

- Lannister showdown.

- Brienne and Pod brought before LSH.

If they want to keep Marg marrying Tommen as a plot, then I guess her wedding to him would have to be while Tywin is still alive, because otherwise Cersei would just call off the engagement (unless she suddenly decides she cares about the Iron Bank). I just don't see that getting a ton of screen-time though, unless I'm wrong about Jon becoming LC this season (I hope not).

I think this might be the first time I'm actually rooting for Show!Marg to not make an appearance, lol.

Judging from other predictions above, not many people seem to think Yara will appear in episode , yet I think she definitly will. I dont think she came back for only one scene in the season and even if that was only to remind the viewer of her, they have to tease her having a bigger story next year.

Judging from other predictions above, not many people seem to think Yara will appear in episode , yet I think she definitly will. I dont think she came back for only one scene in the season and even if that was only to remind the viewer of her, they have to tease her having a bigger story next year.

At some point Balon needs to die too. Seems a bit weird to have the whole leech thing almost 2 years before it actually pays off. At this point it isn't even a plot point but they spent all of that time on it for some reason.

I've always maintained that Yara arriving back at Pyke to share a quick scene with Balon before he dies or to hear about his death upon her return will be in the finale.

The leeches thing is a huge dangling subplot that needs to be resolved and you need to set Yara up for next season. She can't just show up in the middle of the season and disappear....

There's even a way you can transition there from a Mel scene at the Wall where she's discussing the nature of her powers and possibly King's blood which can lead to a shot of Pyke.

The promo and recap for this episode should clear up a lot of this stuff as they'll have to address the history there or we may even get a quick shot in the promo.

BTW, based on the amount of shit going down in the finale, the episode promo is surely going to be bonkers.

I've always maintained that Yara arriving back at Pyke to share a quick scene with Balon before he dies or to hear about his death upon her return will be in the finale.

The leeches thing is a huge dangling subplot that needs to be resolved and you need to set Yara up for next season. She can't just show up in the middle of the season and disappear....

There's even a way you can transition there from a Mel scene at the Wall where she's discussing the nature of her powers and possibly King's blood which can lead to a shot of Pyke.

Exactly, any scene with Mel would work fine, and I agree with all of your points. Melissandre did, after all, ride all the way around Westeros to find Gendry, then sail all the way back to Dragonstone to get him leeched so she could perform a ritual. There are so many scenes revolving around the King's blood stuff that having it still unresolved the next season would just be a waste.

I honestly already feel like that subplot got a bit fucked up because all of the deaths were so spread apart that I don't think anyone could correlate it to the leeching. While the King's blood stuff is probably BS anyways, it should still at least make it seem that the leeches possibly worked. I'm not even sure if the average viewer understood the deaths of Robb and Joffrey corresponded to the leeching scene, and people probably forgot he even named Balon.

I’ve been trying to piece together an outline for the finale since “The Mountain and the Viper” aired, and based on the characters and locations that we know we will see, this is what I came up with, complete with my detailed and purely speculative guesses about how the scenes might play out. The order of the scenes is obviously just guesswork, with the exception of the final two where I’m extremely confident about the placement (if not the actual content).

Granted, this is a hell of a lot to get through, even in 66 minutes, but Benioff and Weiss have proven that they can handle a large amount of material efficiently. Obviously, they’re far, far better at this television business than I could ever hope or want to be. ;)

Now, based on the safely definitive places where we left their characters and a lack of confirmed footage (so far), I think that it’s possible that Sansa and Littlefinger, Reek and the Boltons, and Yara and the Greyjoys might not appear in the finale, which is why I didn’t include them in the outline below. If they do appear, however, their scenes could go something like this.

Sansa and Littlefinger: Sansa and Littlefinger converse as they begin their tour of the Vale with Robin. Littlefinger drops hints to Sansa about his plans, including the possibility that Robin may not survive the journey. Possible mention of Harry the Heir.

Reek and the Boltons: A brief scene of Roose, Ramsay, and Reek settling in to Winterfell. Ramsay mocks Reek about how this is both was the home of the once-proud Starks and the place that led to Theon Greyjoy’s downfall. Now, it will be the symbol of the Boltons’ reign over the North. Possible mention of the Fake Arya plot (but unlikely).

Yara and the Greyjoys: Yara arrives home in the Iron Islands or is en route when she receives word that her father Balon Grejoy has died under mysterious circumstances and that her uncles are now fighting over who should succeed him. Yara declares that she will make her own claim as her father’s “only” living child.

Finally, I’ve split the outline up into a few different blocks so that this isn’t just a solid wall of text. Hopefully that will make it easier to read (or skip over, as you will). ;)

Enough preamble. Let's get on with it, and keep in mind that this exercise is purely for fun rather than an absolutely certainty that this is what we're going to see ...

1. The episode opens at The Wall. In the aftermath of the battle, Jon is helping to collect and burn the dead, including Ygritte. He is approached by Melisandre, who makes some cryptic pronouncements and then leads him to Stannis. Stannis explains his purpose for being at the Wall to Jon. He offers to legitimize him, making him Jon Stark, the Lord of Winterfell … if Jon will agree to bend the knee, leave the Night’s Watch, and support Stannis’s claim.

2. Cut to Arya and the Hound in the Vale. With the news of Lysa’s death and no promise of ransom, the Hound is despondent, and moving even slower than before due to his festering neck bite. As the two of them wonder what to do, they are set upon by some roving band (the Mountain clans? Knights of the Vale? Lannister soldiers? Freys?). They fight them off, but the Hound takes yet another serious wound.

3. Cut to King’s Landing. Tywin visits the grievously-wounded Mountain, who is being tended to by Pycelle and Qyburn. The two Maesters are bickering incessantly with one another. Pycelle insists that the Mountain is certain to die, but Qyburn hints that he has a highly unorthodox treatment that could potentially preserve the Mountain’s life. Tywin brushes off Pycelle and orders Qyburn to keep the Mountain alive by any means necessary.

4. Still in King’s Landing, cut to Tywin’s office. Tywin and Cersei are discussing the outcome of the trial by combat and its implications. Tywin comments that with Oberyn having been killed, the Dornish are going to be royally pissed. Cersei seizes the opportunity to suggest that they should bring Myrcella back to King's Landing, as it's no longer safe for her in Dorne (this potentially sets up what we know about the Dornish plot in Season 5 and what it might look like). Tywin shoots her down, arguing that Myrcella's engagement to Trystane Martell might be the only thing preventing Dorne from rising up in open rebellion against the Iron Throne. Cersei accuses him of using both Tommen and Myrcella as political pawns without regard for their welfare, and Tywin coldly rebukes her with one of his standard lines about putting aside selfish desires for the good of the Lannister family. Cersei isn't having it, though, and flips out on him, shouting "You'll fight over him like beasts until you tear him apart. I will burn our house to the ground before I let that happen!" Tywin orders her to leave, then sits back in his chair, brooding.

5. Cut to elsewhere in King’s Landing. A somber Ellaria Sand is preparing Oberyn’s body to be shipped back to Dorne. She is met by some member of the regular cast, who offers their condolences (this could be a good role for Margaery, who hasn’t had much to do in the second half of the season). Ellaria accepts the condolences, but strongly hints that Dorne will be seeking retribution for this injustice (possible mention of Doran and the Sand Snakes here).

6. Cut to the Vale. Arya and the Hound are attempting to navigate the treacherous terrain, but eventually the Hound is too weak to carry on. Feverish and grievously injured, he collapses. Arya attempts to rouse him, but the Hound knows that he’s dying. He weakly asks Arya if she “remembers where the heart is”, and then unbuckles his armor. An unexpectedly emotional Arya draws her sword to end his misery, but finds that she is unable to do it. Instead, she scavenges what possessions she can carry and abandons the Hound, leaving him calling weakly after her as she rides away. ALTERNATIVE: If the Hound truly has no further significant role to play in A Song of Ice and Fire (excluding his cameo at the Quiet Isle) then it’s possible that Arya might actually finish him off. A third option is that the Hound will simply succumb to his wounds on his own, and we’ll get conclusive proof (through Arya’s eyes or someone else’s, like Brienne) that he died.

7. Cut to the Wall. Jon is talking with Sam and whoever else among his other friends (Dolorous Edd, Grenn, and Pyp) survived the battle. They discuss the state of the Night’s Watch, and how with Alliser Thorne’s death (assumed from Episode 9), the role of Lord Commander will almost certainly fall to Janos Slynt (Note: this will likely be presented as a fait acompli rather than a deadlock featuring multiple candidates and multiple rounds of balloting in order to save on time). Jon mentions Stannis’s offer. Sam is adamant that Jon can’t forsake his vows and leave the Night’s Watch, but Jon is genuinely torn. He leaves to consider the matter privately. Sam and whoever else is present lament the possibility of losing Jon, but then Sam comes up with an idea.

8. Cut to a port town somewhere in the Vale. Arya arrives and finds a ship preparing to depart. She asks if she can pay the ship’s captain to take her to the Wall, but she doesn’t have enough money and the captain doesn’t want to go to the Wall anyway – it’s too cold and too dangerous. Arya is about to leave when she overhears the captain announce that the ship is bound for Braavos. Arya pulls out Jaqen’s coin, hands it to the captain, and whispers “Valar Morghulis”. The captain changes his tune completely, offering Arya passage and his own cabin for the voyage. Arya boards the ship. END of Arya’s story for the season.

9. Cut to Bran and his party North of the Wall. They’re attempting to make their way through a blizzard. As they struggle along, they spot the Weirwood tree in the distance and gain fresh hope. That hope is dashed when a large group of wights and White Walkers appear (this is one possibility for the big CGI scene). Meera attempts to fight them off with fire and dragonglass and Bran wargs into Hodor to help, but it’s clear that they’re surrounded with no hope of making it to the tree. Just when it appears they’re doomed, the Children of the Forest emerge and begin battling the wights and White Walkers. Bran falls unconscious.

10. Cut to Meereen. Dany is receiving supplicants in court, but she’s still broken up about Jorah’s banishment and it’s clear that her heart isn’t in it. A goatherder appears before her and says that her dragons attacked his flock. Dany offers to compensate him for his losses, but the man breaks down, emptying a sack of bones onto the floor. One of Dany’s advisors brings the bones to her – among them a child’s skull. Dany looks horrified.

11. Still in Meereen, cut to Dany’s private chambers. She’s devastated by what’s happened and her inability to control her dragons. After a suitable amount of angst, the suggestion is made (by Dany or one of her advisors) that the dragons should be chained.

12. Cut to King’s Landing. Jaime visits Cersei in her chambers. They talk about the result of the trial and what it means for the Lannisters’ fortunes, for Myrcella in Dorne, and for Tyrion. Jaime continues to be aghast that after all that has happened, Cersei is still so unabashedly determined to see Tyrion die - no matter how much she hates him, he’s still their brother. Cersei mocks Jaime’s notions about family, telling him “I would do things for my family that you couldn’t imagine”. The subtext of their conversation shifts to their own relationship. It finally becomes clear to both of them that they’ve reached a breaking point, and there’s no going back.

13. Cut to elsewhere in the Red Keep. Jaime has tracked down Varys. Varys offers up his usual obsequious act, but Jaime cuts right through it. Varys is going to help him with something, and he doesn’t have a choice.

14. Cut to the Vale/Riverlands. Brienne and Pod are traveling along the road to the Eyrie when they meet someone who tells them that he recently saw the Hound traveling with a young girl. Brienne surmises that Arya must be close. Shortly thereafter, they are set upon by a group of armed men, possibly the same Mountain Clan/Lannisters/Freys that Arya and the Hound met earlier. A fight ensues, and Brienne bites off a man’s ear. Their attackers are set upon by another group of people (the Brotherhood Without Banners). Brienne falls unconscious.

15. Cut to Meereen. The Unsullied are in the process of corralling the dragons. Daenerys attempts to soothe her children, but they aren’t going quietly. Rhaegal and Viserion are eventually chained, but Drogon breaks free from his captors and unleashes fiery hell, killing several members of the Unsullied and sending Daenerys fleeing for cover (this is the other possibility for the big CGI scene). Drogon soars into the air and flies away from the city while Dany stares after him in despair.

16. Cut to the Wall. Jon is alone, brooding about the choice ahead of him. Someone comes to him and tells him that the brothers of the Night’s Watch are about to choose a new Lord Commander, and his presence is needed. Jon goes to the meeting, where he sees Sam whispering with several other brothers along the side of the room and Janos Slynt looking smug at the high table. The steward conducting the election asks the brothers to cast their votes and collects them. Jon is only half paying attention, his thoughts clearly elsewhere. The steward counts the votes and announces that one candidate has received a majority of the votes – Jon Snow. Slynt looks furious, and Jon is shocked. Maester Aemon summons Jon to the front and asks if he will accept this responsibility. Sam and the others look on expectantly. Jon hesitates for a long moment, and then agrees. Maester Aemon tells him that the Wall is his, and the brothers of the Night’s Watch cheer. Jon glances toward the doorway and sees Stannis standing there, his fate inscrutable. Stannis leaves. Jon stares after him for a moment, then turns away to accept the congratulations of his brothers. END of Jon’s storyline for the season.

17. Cut to North of the Wall. Bran, Hodor and the Reeds awaken in a cave. They are surrounded by the Children of the Forest. Bran is greeted by Leaf and is taken before Bloodraven. Bloodraven tells him that he’s been waiting for Bran for a long time. Bran asks if he can restore his ability to walk, and Bloodraven tells him "You will never walk again, Bran, but you will fly." END of Bran’s storyline for the season.

18. Cut to Meereen. Ante-penultimate sequence. Daenerys heads down into the caverns beneath Meereen to visit her captive children. The dragons are upset, and when Daenerys tries to soothe them, one of them viciously snaps at her - a callback to her very first scene of Season 4. Daenerys retreats, and our last glimpse of is her framed in the door to the dragons' cell as it closes in her face. END of Daenerys’s storyline for the season.

19. Cut to the Black Cells of King’s Landing. Penultimate sequence. Tyrion awaits his death in the black cells. Jaime arrives, and a despairing Tyrion asks him if he's "Come for a last look?" Jaime releases him, and they run through the tunnels together where they will meet up with Varys. Jaime fills Tyrion in on the plan to smuggle him to Essos. Tyrion profusely thanks his brother for everything that he's done (a testament to the strong relationship that we've seen between them all season). Jaime takes the moment to confess about Tysha. Shocked and betrayed, Tyrion lashes out at his brother, and the two of them part ways. Varys attempts to take Tyrion down to the docks, but Tyrion insists that Varys instead take him to the Tower of the Hand. He sneaks into Tywin’s bedchamber, finds Shae, and after a suitably emotional encounter (again, befitting their stronger relationship in the show) he strangles her. He then grabs the crossbow from over the bed and kicks down the door to the privy, where he finds Tywin. Tywin attempts to assert control of the situation, but Tyrion isn’t having it and demands to know what happened to Tysha. Tywin recounts the story, and denies knowledge of Tysha’s whereabouts, antagonizing Tyrion by saying she must have gone “Wherever whores go”. Tyrion shoots him through the bowels, and Tywin collapses back onto the privy in shock. Tyrion mocks his father, urging him to die quickly, and Tywin complies. The last shot is Tywin splayed across the privy, with a mournful version of “The Rains of Castamere” playing into a brief fade to black. ALTERNATIVELY: As a possible coda: Tyrion rejoins Varys, who frets about what Tyrion may have done. Tyrion makes an ominous comment alluding to Tywin’s death, then marches away into the shadows. Regardless, END of the King’s Landing storyline for the season.

20. Cut to the Vale/Riverlands. Last Scene. Brienne and Podrick awaken and are brought before the BWB. The Lannisters/Freys who they tangled with earlier are hanging from the trees around them, either dying or already dead. Thoros and Anguy emerge, and Brienne demands to know who they are why she and Pod have been taken captive. Thoros identifies himself and the Brotherhood, and Brienne asks to speak to Beric Dondarrion. Thoros tells her that Lord Beric is dead, and that the Brotherhood has a new leader now – one that she knows. “We found her in the river. She’d been floating there for three days. Her throat was cut to the bone. Lord Beric knelt next to her body, said the words, and as he passed from this world, she rose. She doesn’t talk much ... but she remembers.”

Lady Stoneheart reveals herself, and Brienne is shocked. She tries to tell Stoneheart that she never broke her oath, that she is in fact still trying to protect Lady Stark’s daughters, but Stoneheart is hearing none of it, and the Brotherhood mock Brienne as “The Kingslayer’s Whore”. Brienne is given an ultimatum – seek out Jaime Lannister and bring him back before Lady Stoneheart to face justice, or she and Pod will be hanged. “The sword or the noose?” Brienne refuses to choose, and Stoneheart orders the Brotherhood to hang them. Brienne and Pod are strung up, and Stoneheart watches them as they slowly begin to strangle to death.

Brienne stares down at Stoneheart’s ruined face and finally conjures up the air to scream out “Sword!” Lady Stoneheart offers up a terrible expression that resembles a smile, takes Oathkeeper, and swings it up towards Brienne (and the camera). As the blade slices across our field of vision, the screen cuts to black. END of Season 4.

Archived