(Spoilers) Once Upon a Time (the Third)

Howdyphillip

In the original Snow Queen tale, the mirror reflected only the worst in people and twisted it to make it even worse, completely burying anything that's good. So when the SQ weaponizes the mirror's power, everybody will start seeing only the bad in themselves and each other, resulting in conflict.

Ok,and I guess her logic is that then everyone will just kill each other in one massive bloodbath? Still think it's lame plan in general. We had eviler villains with far better plans so far.

Ok,and I guess her logic is that then everyone will just kill each other in one massive bloodbath? Still think it's lame plan in general. We had eviler villains with far better plans so far.

That longer post I had a couple of weeks ago says what you say. The Snow Queen does not yet appear to be of the same caliber as the previous major villains.

For those wondering when we might see some of the recurring characters, here's some info.

And on the SQ's plan, while I love stories about mirrors and all that (Mandrake & Jorge Luis Borges fan here!), I do agree with you both in that it's just not working. I don't think the problem is her plan, precisely, and how she intends to execute it, but her goals just make everything sound lamer than it was supposed to be.

So the reason SQ froze Marian was maybe a ploy to keep Regina otherwise busy?

I might be lacking in imagination. But it's the only thing that I have thought of in regards to why she targeted Marian.

It's pretty flimsy. What if Regina didn't bother with trying to cure Marian. What if she decided it was in her best interests to let her die.

Because Marian dying by something that has nothing to do with her. Kind of works in Regina's favour. So it's a large gamble to take that the once Evil Queen would be generous and self sacrificing.

Maybe it has nothing to do with Regina. Or maybe SQ has some how foreseen that Regina (and not Rumple) has some ability to stop her.

Maybe SQ is just a huge jerk face with something against brunettes?

Ah Belle and Rumple True Love without trust and with plenty of lies. I'm not one that believes that you have to share every detail of your life and thought that happens to pass through the brain with your SO. But these two are making my heart sad.

I come bearing links:

About Mulan's possible return.

A review that perfect exposes just how ridiculous the whole Belle storyline was last episode. :rofl:

So the reason SQ froze Marian was maybe a ploy to keep Regina otherwise busy?

I might be lacking in imagination. But it's the only thing that I have thought of in regards to why she targeted Marian.

It's pretty flimsy. What if Regina didn't bother with trying to cure Marian. What if she decided it was in her best interests to let her die.

Because Marian dying by something that has nothing to do with her. Kind of works in Regina's favour. So it's a large gamble to take that the once Evil Queen would be generous and self sacrificing.

Maybe it has nothing to do with Regina. Or maybe SQ has some how foreseen that Regina (and not Rumple) has some ability to stop her.

Maybe SQ is just a huge jerk face with something against brunettes?

From what I've understood, the Snow Queen doesn't care at all about Regina, as her story is all about Team Blondes (a pity, as more Parrilla vs Mitchell would certainly be welcome in 4A!). I think she really just froze Marian, the new arrival, a perfect victim if there ever was one, to get everyone in town against Elsa, just like they explained on the episode itself.

A review that perfect exposes just how ridiculous the whole Belle storyline was last episode. :rofl:

Hahahaha those are great. Really, I don't see why I keep watching this show when it's so bad sometimes and without complaint - yet I consistently tear apart the Walking Dead (which I do still watch, too). This show has so much leeway in my heart, I suppose, just to get small glimpses of Disney stories come to life.

Best episode of the season so far IMO.

I actually started to care about the Snow Queen storyline.

The Will Scarlet stuff is teasing me too.

And an Aurora sighting!! Maybe Mulan isn't far away?

Regina killed it as usual, even with not enough screen time. I don't know why they don't make her the focal point of every episode and storyline.

BTW- is the Snow/Ice Queen actually a Queen of something???

Best episode of the season so far IMO.

I actually started to care about the Snow Queen storyline.

The Will Scarlet stuff is teasing me too.

And an Aurora sighting!! Maybe Mulan isn't far away?

Regina killed it as usual, even with not enough screen time. I don't know why they don't make her the focal point of every episode and storyline.

BTW- is the Snow/Ice Queen actually a Queen of something???

The Queen of Winter. She's also been known to sacrifice to weirwood trees :P

I really liked the episode except for one seemingly big screw up.

Ingritte gets sucked in the urn by her sister, and later Elsa frees her. But, she got trapped in the urn at a time when she didn't know much about her powers. Yet, after she got she was already master of the ice magic. So, is she going to be released sooner, only to be put back in, or does the urn contain a secret world of magical beings that taught her how to use her powers?

The Queen of Winter. She's also been known to sacrifice to weirwood trees :P

Ingritte gets sucked in the urn by her sister, and later Elsa frees her. But, she got trapped in the urn at a time when she didn't know much about her powers. Yet, after she got she was already master of the ice magic. So, is she going to be released sooner, only to be put back in, or does the urn contain a secret world of magical beings that taught her how to use her powers?

I guess the magical beings didn't like Elsa?

Meh....Regina's only thing these days is to read the book and kiss Robin

Robin's only thing is to make tormented face

Aurora and Cinderella are busy with baby play time

Plot magically appears when it's summoned for the needs of the story even though it didn't exist up until this episode...now suddenly everyone fears Emma and they show it...and she who had to practice really hard to get her magic to start is now suddenly leaking magic left and right...for the first time ever...just because SQ said so two scenes back :lol: (btw I think she only succeeded because SQ put piece of ice mirror in her heart like in the original story)

We continue to ignore last season or so of Gold's character development and he again want's everything...because that's waht he always wanted...wait...didn't he want his son back and not world dominance...oh well...who cares...

And is it me or is SQ's cleavage becoming a character of it's own?...

Don't get how emma,elsa and SQ are only three people who are unique and same...REgina,Zelena,Gold...insert name here...all have magic too...why are these three speciall? Elsa and SQ have frosty kind but Emma doesn't her magic is kind of undefined..so why her?

And huge :lol: for David's this week thing to do was to be hit by a lamp post...:lol:

Meh....Regina's only thing these days is to read the book and kiss Robin

Robin's only thing is to make tormented face

Aurora and Cinderella are busy with baby play time

Like I said, it's the aftermath period

We continue to ignore last season or so of Gold's character development and he again want's everything...because that's waht he always wanted...wait...didn't he want his son back and not world dominance...oh well...who cares...

I was thinking while watching the episode, that it would be good to have them explore the origin of the Dark One at one point. It seems to me that the Dark One represents the only true evil in this universe. Everyone else started as good people.

Hell yeah!!! Seriously, though, both her and Elsa need to get with the times.

This episode just further proved that they have to be done with the Arendelle bs asap. Okay, the Snow Queen's backstory makes sense, especially how that affects the things she's been telling Elsa, but that still felt like an annoying detour. It's also making me care a lot less about Emma, the way they dragged her into Team Eugenics. Also, OUAT should stop using people nearly 40 to play teenagers, that just looks bizarre. And what could possess them to bring over the most unbearable character from Frozen?? :bang:

And Disney princesses with their baby club was absolutely ridiculous, and incredibly annoying. Congrats, OUAT, you've reached a new level of WTF. :ack:

So, I only enjoyed the scenes where Regina, Robin, Henry, and Rumple were around - they were brilliant enough to make up for the rest. And I'll admit the SQ creating her monster was great. I love how Henry is inheriting the family sass and cunning. I'm not entirely sure where they're going with Rumple's plans; I mean, what the SQ revealed to be his goal sounds too generic villain to a character we know this well. Unless she's mistaken. But I am curious about what she whispered.

And that last Robin/Regina scene. Wow. :bowdown: :crying: :wub:

Hear hear! :cheers:

The way this show has been going, I doubt they'll take the time to explain that. So, yeah, I'm sticking to the headcanon that the urn is a wormhole. That would also explain how she found a way to our world so easily. Probably.

Plot magically appears when it's summoned for the needs of the story even though it didn't exist up until this episode...now suddenly everyone fears Emma and they show it...and she who had to practice really hard to get her magic to start is now suddenly leaking magic left and right...for the first time ever...just because SQ said so two scenes back :lol: (btw I think she only succeeded because SQ put piece of ice mirror in her heart like in the original story)

(...)

Don't get how emma,elsa and SQ are only three people who are unique and same...REgina,Zelena,Gold...insert name here...all have magic too...why are these three speciall? Elsa and SQ have frosty kind but Emma doesn't her magic is kind of undefined..so why her?

:agree:

Because she's blonde, apparently, and has been made generic enough lately to fill in whatever role they decide to write on the last minute.

Nobody's complaining. :cheers:

In fact, I'm pretty sure I've seen people shipping it with the Evil Queen's cleavage. :devil:

Long episode tonight, hour and a half and still going.

A nice pay off for the Snow queen story.

So Emma was chosen to be Ingrid's and Elsa's third sister even before she was born and the curse.

Robin Hood gets a happy ending from Regina. He's helping with the book now.

Still weird that Henry is barely part of the show anymore.

-- 2 hours, I guess they showed two episodes because the next episode is two weeks away.

Pretty good episode. The length of it helped. The music has been fantastic this season, too.

• A bit disappointed that Emma didn't go in the hat. I am curious if there is sort of a life in there, kinda like the Soul Cairn from Skyrim. I was even prepared to make fun of it by bringing up the Soul Cairn. :(
  • I wonder if Hook will go the way of the Huntsman. I'm sure most of you hope for that, but I would like him to stick around. There might be still one story left for him. Whom did he give the Jolly Roger to in order get Emma in New York?
  • Finally the Snow Queen becomes the villain she needed to be, and thanks to Disney getting their hands on Star Wars, her power is now COMPLETE. Honestly, when she said that to Rumple, I expected to hear Palpatine's sinister laugh. I liked that the mirror's shards go in people's eyes. I believe that's how it was in the original Snow Queen story.
  • The Sorcerer now really intrigues me. I wonder if he has anything to do with the magical story book. This episode almost convinced me that the Apprentice is, in fact, the Sorcerer, but considering how easily Rumple trapped the Apprentice, I doubt it.
  • Also, Regina & Robin, lol. Button up your shirt, woman!!!
  • The Charmings remind me a bit of Robert Baratheon. Great fighters when the odds are against them, but they kinda lack the wisdom that would allow them to be great rulers, and quite possibly great parents.

And yes, I realize that I've included a bunch of analogies here, but we are watching a show where all kinds of stories got blended in the same pot.

Still weird that Henry is barely part of the show anymore.

I don't know if he is losing interest or (more probably) the Frozen plotline has taken over but if the show gets renewed they could have him go dark which is where I thought they were going for a secound with that sorcerer's apprentice thing.

The way this show has been going, I doubt they'll take the time to explain that. So, yeah, I'm sticking to the headcanon that the urn is a wormhole. That would also explain how she found a way to our world so easily. Probably.

I guess this theory is out the window. I still think urn is the location of a secret kingdom of Liliputian-like beings.

Archived