Walking Dead Season 5 (No Comic Spoilers) Part 3

awesome possum

Seriously, he looked like a wildcat pacing back and forth with Rick barely keeping him restrained. :stunned: It was an awesome shot.

It was awesome...always looking around, planning his escape or a way out. Plus he probably didn't feel comfortable in such a place...clean, books, electricity, camera, etc...and no cops or lawyers present...

I was talking to my friend, and he suggested that perhaps it was Morgan who took the gun. It seems almost impossible that he could have followed them all the way to Virginia, but then again if he hasn't tailed them and is still in Georgia, what the hell was the point in showing him tailing the group throughout the first half of season 5?

I was talking to my friend, and he suggested that perhaps it was Morgan who took the gun. It seems almost impossible that he could have followed them all the way to Virginia, but then again if he hasn't tailed them and is still in Georgia, what the hell was the point in showing him tailing the group throughout the first half of season 5?

Morgan is still at least a week or two behind the group. It goes back to the episode after the Bob-B-Q, when Gabriel had to go check on that by himself and left the church. He briefly looked at a magazine on the ground. That episode ended with another Morgan tease of him showing up in that area, with the same magazines on the ground.

This picture has a side-by-side comparison. It would take at least a week or two (if not more) for the magazine to have become that faded/weather-damaged.

I didn't think Morgan was that close to the group.

IIRC, he came across the sign Rick altered about Terminus a couple of months after the group passed. He would make up ground but not sure he could make up that much time.

I think the girl took the gun...or whomever it is she is 'reporting' to

Smart play by Carol!

I do have that bad feeling that either Daryl or Carl will be the spark that causes the Utopian bubble to burst.

Love Feral Daryl!

I don't think the Utopian bubble will really burst. I think that when things come crashing down it will be from an outside group. I think the "drama" with other characters is just a way to keep the storyline interesting until they can bring in a new group of enemies.

I don't think the Utopian bubble will really burst. I think that when things come crashing down it will be from an outside group. I think the "drama" with other characters is just a way to keep the storyline interesting until they can bring in a new group of enemies.

I didn't mean the collapse of the safe area...more of the collapse of 'everything is perfect'. So saying drama from within is probably the safer terminology.

If Morgan some how shows up I will be bitterly disappointed.

Rick and company left the area they were in, somewhere north of Atlanta and DROVE(most of the way) to Alexandria Virginia, roughly 600 miles!

Alexandria and D.C. are about 8 miles apart.

No way imaginable that he was following them in a car, he would have been seen since there is no traffic. No way for him to know about the "colony" they are in right now.

I like Morgans character and really wish they had met up at Gabriels church before leaving.

Rick and company left the area they were in, somewhere north of Atlanta and DROVE(most of the way) to Alexandria Virginia, roughly 600 miles!

No way imaginable that he was following them in a car, he would have been seen since there is no traffic. No way for him to know about the "colony" they are in right now.

I like Morgans character and really wish they had met up at Gabriels church before leaving.

Who was leaving those carvings the trees that Morgan was following originally? Was that explained?

If someone in the group was leaving them, they are done now. No way they could have stopped driving often enough to mark the way. Plus you have to know their meaning, which would only mean Rick carving since Morgan never met anyone else. What are the odds Morgan and say Darryl both knew about them? It would be interesting if they used Morgan in an episode all his own where he follows and sees the aftermath Rick and gang leave behind them. We see the group as the heroes, would be insteresting to see a separate POV. Maybe not tell us it's their group he is following, just the aftermath, then the big reveal.

Could they have forgotten to resolve the Morgan thing they left dangling and now they're all face palming themselves like crazy behind the scenes?

As for why the free housing, I was wondering if Alexandria has a fearful enemy they're not talking about until the group settles in and thinks of the place as home, because then they'll be willing to defend it when the marauders appear. But the folk there don't seem nervous or concerned about anything like that. For a change, the boss of the town may be totally honest, because she hasn't had to lie cheat and steal like everybody outside the walls.

Darryl was funny as the guy who instantly becomes the misfit as soon as they return to civilization. He secretly didn't want them to stay because now he goes from essential to useless overnight. And Carol was funny as the people person smarty pants snooping for clues that might appear after the town lets their guard down around her.

Back to the gun in the blender...that's a phrase I thought I'd never say...anyways...the gun that Rick hid had a "J" stenciled on the grip.

Gun w/ J

Is Rick smarter than I give him credit for by placing a gun with something unique written on the handle...that way if it turns up, he can figure out who took it?

Or is the gun he hid just happen to have a "J" on it?

He is definitely smart enough to mark the gun, but I don't remember them showing him doing it. Also, if he marked it, then he thought someone would take it?

Man, I love the day after TWD..Tuesday is almost as good, and then the long wait until Sunday begins

I'm not sure why. Morgan knows Rick headed to DC. Alexandria is 8 miles from DC, but he wouldn't need to be in the DC area very long before he saw signs of any groups of survivors hanging around. It wouldn't be difficult to find them at all.

Also, assuming he knew he had to head to DC, I'd be surprised if he doesn't find a car somewhere and cut down the time required to get to the area. If he takes the same path to DC, he'll see evidence on the way that somebody has been through the area recently and follow the trail.

First thing he'll do when he gets to the DC area is scour the surrounding countryside looking for signs of the group. It shouldn't be difficult to pin point the location after a few weeks. And if Rick is still leaving signs on trees, he'll know they're near.

Here is another view of the "J" Gun.

It is a J if you look at the gun from the left side, with the barrel parallel to the ground.

But is could be a 4 if you look at from the left side with the barrel perpendicular to the ground.

I have no clue as to the significance of either.

Personally, I think it is a J.

I didn't mean the collapse of the safe area...more of the collapse of 'everything is perfect'. So saying drama from within is probably the safer terminology.

The old hobo markings. I remember them being featured in a Mad Men flashback.

Didn't it say in the show that the termites were the ones leaving the markings? Their leader said it in one of the episodes. Also, morgan was led to the school area/courtyard where the termites had their camp set up, so that makes sense as well.

As far as alexandria, i find it hard to believe that they have been there peaceful for the whole time. being that close to d.c. youd think other groups or people would have found it by now. Also, thought it was really stupid how they in the city lock up ALL of the guns. I can understand them not letting rick and company have them, but for no one to have any at all seems like a major safety risk. I think the show will go towards this town being safe, but being threatened by another group. Maybe the one that took down noah's place in richmond?

So does the missing blender gun mean they were being super watched instead of just sort of watched? Doesn't it imply more precision than the town is letting on? (always sensing traps)

Could very well be. If someone from the town took the gun knowing that Rick had hidden it there, then the town is being as coy as Carol!

I tend to lean towards the girl taking the gun...and she is a double agent, hence her climbing the fence. And wasn't she the girl in the Window Carl noticed at first, outside the wall?

J is for Judgement?

J is for Justice?

J is for Just in Case?

:dunno:

Didn't it say in the show that the termites were the ones leaving the markings? Their leader said it in one of the episodes. Also, morgan was led to the school area/courtyard where the termites had their camp set up, so that makes sense as well.

<SNIP>

If it said that, I missed it. I will need to search for references. That would make sense that the Termites were the ones doing the markings...but wasn't there also a Marking outside of the Church with nothing but a horizontal line...Hobo meaning of Doubtful?

<SNIP>

As far as alexandria, i find it hard to believe that they have been there peaceful for the whole time. being that close to d.c. youd think other groups or people would have found it by now. Also, thought it was really stupid how they in the city lock up ALL of the guns. I can understand them not letting rick and company have them, but for no one to have any at all seems like a major safety risk. I think the show will go towards this town being safe, but being threatened by another group. Maybe the one that took down noah's place in richmond?

YES! I thought it was a completely stupid idea to lock up all the guns. From newcomers...ok I can understand that. But ALL? Yet they allow Feral Daryl to keep his crossbow? A weapon that is silent so he could quietly take out the citizens one by one without alerting others...not that he would...but...they don't know that at this point.

Archived