GRRM on Gendry and Arya (Allegedly)

Joan Jett

Everything is wishful thinking, but I still hope Arya has a happy ending that involves the reunion and survival of her siblings (Sansa, Rickon, Bran and Jon) and her direwolf Nymeria. She could be like Briene of Tarth or the first female knight ... I agree Arya and Gendry had chemistry in the show, and maybe could happen in the future, as some said, she is extremely young but they got betrothed very young then... If she is not interested in romance, she could still marry Theon for appearances and lead the Iron Islands.

I'd buy it. But she would never be like her, she hasn't the physical requirements to be like her.

LOL, The ADWD arc made me like Theon a lot, up to the point of placing him on my top 5....but marrying Arya for political reasons? Asha or Euron will lead the Iron Islands, I don't think Theon is interested in them at this point.

I'd buy it. But she would never be like her, she hasn't the physical requirements to be like her.

LOL, The ADWD arc made me like Theon a lot, up to the point of placing him on my top 5....but marrying Arya for political reasons? Asha or Euron will lead the Iron Islands, I don't think Theon is interested in them at this point.

And Arya never cared for or liked Theon. I don't see Arya marrying for political reasons at all, let alone a guy she never much liked as a personality. If it were to come to such a thing, she'd turn around, get the first ship to Braavos and rejoin the FM.

Sweetsunray, Lady Blizzardborn, my fat purring kittler sends kuddos. Clearly it's a family thing, I had cats since I was a child, too, and after the sudden death of my last cat I couldn't have another one for a long time, until she adopted me.

I will have to talk SERIOUSLY with my mom about this triplets half-Targ thing. Do the same. We deserve to know the truth! ;)

We are not supposed to talk about the show here but....

they are very simmilar, aren't they? Well, I have not read book 2 yet, so I'm probably missing something, but I remember their "talk" during Bran's comma, and both are really hard... I felt so bad for Jon :( :(

Book Cat severely hates Jon.

But being a good noble Lady, she keeps it under wraps for the most part.

Book Cat severely hates Jon.

But being a good noble Lady, she keeps it under wraps for the most part.

paraphrasing:

Cat: Jon.

Jon: Yes (thinks that maybe she will say goodbye after all, good-hearted Jon)

Cat: You should be in that bed!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:  :devil:

And Arya never cared for or liked Theon. I don't see Arya marrying for political reasons at all, let alone a guy she never much liked as a personality. If it were to come to such a thing, she'd turn around, get the first ship to Braavos and rejoin the FM.

Yeah, agree. don't think wouldn't get along. Plus, Theon's state in AdWD is the one of an old man.....can't think of marrying anyone

Ca's darling Bran is a cripple. while her husband's supposed bastard  is maybe dead or maybe not dead.

Cat cannot win.

The best that she can hope for is killing Freys in her afterlife. :)

I mean Cat won that round.

Winds of Winter........she is doing it so well, but I can't ignore what she did to Brienne.

I cannot help but think that the Riverlands plot will not advance the overall story.

It'll deal with Lannister forces and Freys in several places, related to several characters who are hostages and prisoners. And the Lannisters and Freys are about to tumble from their power positions, and they never saw it coming. A time for wolves indeed. May not have anything to do with Dany's plot or Aegon's, but it'll have a lot to do with Stark plot. In order of most interesting to me the RL-plot is the one I look forward the most, North (wall + Stannis) after that, then KL (trials and Aegon and IB messing up alliances), then Dany in the Dothraki sea, and finally the Mereneese blot.  

It's good to see you back in the forum, ARYa_Nym! :)

Thanks! :D

ETA:

I cannot help but think that the Riverlands plot will not advance the overall story.

IA with you. I see it as pertaining to the subplot but not the major plot. Stoneheart is expendable and IMO won't amount to much. The Freys may be dealt with but most of the fandom can't name the majority so it's not major. The Lannisters are temporary and the Lannister's downfall in KL will be more important than that.

It'll deal with Lannister forces and Freys in several places, related to several characters who are hostages and prisoners. And the Lannisters and Freys are about to tumble from their power positions, and they never saw it coming. A time for wolves indeed. May not have anything to do with Dany's plot or Aegon's, but it'll have a lot to do with Stark plot. In order of most interesting to me the RL-plot is the one I look forward the most, North (wall + Stannis) after that, then KL (trials and Aegon and IB messing up alliances), then Dany in the Dothraki sea, and finally the Mereneese blot.  

I really hope that you are correct.

As for now, the plot lines are straying all over the place.

A byproduct of the Mereenese knot.

Archived