NFL 2015 Week 11: the dawn of the Age of Osweiler

DanteGabriel

I don't honestly know. From the people that I've known with an acl a lot of it is just waiting. I'd think you could be at the station for both.

Then again, I'd think that if you were traveling to get a second opinion for four days, it's not that odd that you wouldn't show up to practice.

Mostly, I think that the people in both cases that matter - their teammates - don't give a fuck. That it's the equivalent of saying Jay cutlers body language sucks and therefore everyone hates him. It's reporting at the Rita skeeter level.

I don't honestly know. From the people that I've known with an acl a lot of it is just waiting. I'd think you could be at the station for both.

Then again, I'd think that if you were traveling to get a second opinion for four days, it's not that odd that you wouldn't show up to practice.

Mostly, I think that the people in both cases that matter - their teammates - don't give a fuck. That it's the equivalent of saying Jay cutlers body language sucks and therefore everyone hates him. It's reporting at the Rita skeeter level.

No, I think you're right. It wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that Brady could show up and play some part under those circumstances. I don't know why I'm defending him anyway. Both of those guys have massive "me first" issues for sure. At least when you're talking in terms of team. Screw both of 'em for that aspect of their character. 

I get the beef that Kal has with Rockroi gloating over the last days of Pey Pey. That being said, I think Manning has pretty much shown himself to be a diva this season. Between throwing his teammates under the bus, basically snubbing his backup, and being thoroughly unable to assess his own inabilities, I think he's earned the criticism fairly.

When did he throw his teammates under the bus this season? I vaguely recall something like that but don't have the specifics.

The snubbing of the backup seems like such a ducking stretch though. Really, you have no idea how Brock works or doesnt, how much they talk, or even if it's helpful for peyton to break down film with anyone. It's one step away from tabloids and Kardashians.

When did he throw his teammates under the bus this season? I vaguely recall something like that but don't have the specifics.

The snubbing of the backup seems like such a ducking stretch though. Really, you have no idea how Brock works or doesnt, how much they talk, or even if it's helpful for peyton to break down film with anyone. It's one step away from tabloids and Kardashians.

After the Colts loss. It was kind of low-key and measured, but it was vintage Manning. He broke down his offensive line and blamed a pick on his receiver (Sanders I think).

Yeah, that's fair regarding the second point. I read a couple of articles/interviews featuring Osweiler where it was said that Manning hadn't gone over any gameplanning with him. I guess that is basically me piling onto a preconceived opinion that I already hold.  

Well, Tony Romo is broken again...

This is by far the worst Cowboys season that I can ever remember. What this team should have been, and what it actually is defies all logic. 

They're a team that supports abusers of women. They deserve what they're getting and much more.

I suppose all of your vitriol falls equally on the league as a whole. It sucks Hardy is wearing a star, but it equally sucks that he plays football at all. Him, and everyone else like him wearing a football jersey. 

He was suspended for a year. After that it's up to the teams whether or not they take him. It is not remotely equally on the rest of the league. The Cowboys chose to get him. They chose to stay with him after the pics. They chose to call him a leader. That isn't on the rest of the league. That's on the Cowboys.

He was suspended for a year. After that it's up to the teams whether or not they take him. It is not remotely equally on the rest of the league. The Cowboys chose to get him. They chose to stay with him after the pics. They chose to call him a leader. That isn't on the rest of the league. That's on the Cowboys.

And if the league had had their way wouldn't he just now be returning to the field?  There are a lot of reasons to dislike the Goodell regime, but I don't think their response to the Greg Hardy incident is among them.

Archived