Who will Brienne kill in s6 finale?

dariopatke

although according to the script, Sansa's was supposed to shoot a look to Brienne to imply that she wanted to go with her, but couldn't, and was warning her to get away while she could. 

Gwendoline Christie said nothing about Sansa's desire to go with Brienne being written in the script, iirc. Only that Sansa was warning Brienne to GTFO. Then GC gave her romantic opinion of what that might mean.

“Brienne kneels before Sansa in an exact mimic of the oath she made to Catelyn Stark,” Christie says. “And Sansa says, ‘No.’ But in the script, it says there’s the tiniest look in Sansa’s eyes. The script says the look is telling Brienne: ‘Get the f–k out of Dodge.’”
“We can be romantic about it and say that, in that moment, maybe there’s a connection, some part Catelyn that’s within Sansa, that’s trying to help me, to urge me on,” Christie says. 

Source: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/19/game-thrones-brienne-interview

But if anyone has quotes that suggest otherwise, I'd really like to see them. Thanks. 

(I've watched the scene but didn't see any look that looks like that.)

Neither did I. And I was looking for it with eager enthusiasm. 

The fact that so many people have no idea such sentiments were supposedly expressed by Sansa says otherwise. 

Well then I read better then them.

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/04/21/christie-insists-sansa-turned-brienne-down-to-keep-her-safe/

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/19/game-thrones-brienne-interview

I always thought that they'll introduce her and then finish it in next season or so. GOT is just so huge that locations or contract for actor is not that big of a deal right now. They can deal with that. But we can agree that LSH is not a lost cause. It may seem that way.

Well I might have thought so if she had showed up in season 5. But given how late it is, I don't think there will be much left to do by end of season. Going by film set reports 

Riverrun will se a LOT of action this season, and there were a few seperate phases of filming. One was the siege we know about with lots of Lannister tents. But there was another phase of filming with different tents, and there was a set report from the same area mentioning lots of wolves. Any speculation is difficult because we don't know where the LS story is headed, but I would say that if we get the BWB infiltrating Riverrun, Nymeria's pack appearing in the area, and Brienne and Jaime also in the Riverlands, there is a lot of potential for the LS story to wrap up in season 6. I just don't think Lady Stoneheart's role is all that long. She needs to be around in the books long enough to avenge the Red Wedding and encounter Nymeria, but that's it. [\spoiler]

Or you and GC had the same odd interpretation (which was utterly unperceived by too great a majority). Lena Heady once said she played the sept scene as if Cersei wanted Jaime, but that's not how that scene came across. So you really can't go by what the actors say. Their comments don't always match what actually made the cut and was depicted on screen. Hell, even the director's comments don't always match up.

Moreover, the dialog between Pod and Brienne regarding Sansa contradicts this assertion/interpretation. No indication is made that Brienne picked up any sense of Sansa wanting to come with her. Brienne even says, "Sansa's in danger even if she doesn't realize it." But if Sansa had conveyed to Brienne that she wanted to escape Littlefinger but knew she couldn't, that would imply that she had an awareness of the danger she was in personally. 

Also, why give me a link I already posted myself? The article itself states that GC was giving her perspective on the scene. That doesn't make it canon.

Arya and Sansa both objected to Brienne's association with the Lannisters.

Arya chose to stay with Sandor, she hid from Brienne and went to him. It was only when she knew he was dying that she changed (everyone kept dying, and she became hardened because of this), look at her face when she first goes to him.

Sansa already has someone she sees as her protector, Sandor. It's very clear in the books she sees him this way. She wishes he was there and imagines he's there to rescue her, etc. I think they will make this more clear in the show, too.

That's why they didn't go with Brienne. They don't go with her in the books, either. These encounters were filler on the show. That's my guess. I think cutting Lady Stoneheart messed up the stories of several characters, and they found other things to do with them.

Arya and Sansa both objected to Brienne's association with the Lannisters.

Arya chose to stay with Sandor, she hid from Brienne and went to him. It was only when she knew he was dying that she changed (everyone kept dying, and she became hardened because of this), look at her face when she first goes to him.

Sansa already has someone she sees as her protector, Sandor. It's very clear in the books she sees him this way. She wishes he was there and imagines he's there to rescue her, etc. I think they will make this more clear in the show, too.

That's why they didn't go with Brienne. They don't go with her in the books, either. These encounters were filler on the show. That's my guess. I think cutting Lady Stoneheart messed up the stories of several characters, and they found other things to do with them.

Her encounter with Sansa was filler, but her encounter with Arya was integral to Arya's story because it set her off on her journey to Braavos.

Arya and Brienne don't meet in the books, that was made up, another "what if" bit of fanfic filler.

Sorry, but the term filler doesn't apply to things that don't happen in the books. Filler applies to events that don't serve the story. Brienne's encounter with Arya and the Hound served the story in that it made Arya part ways with the Hound and continued her story to Braavos.

The point is, Arya and Brienne didn't meet. There was no meaning to them meeting.

That he fought Brienne was not essential to the story The fight could have been with anyone.

The point is that you're trying to throw a term at a scene you don't like, even thought it doesn't apply to it. As I've said, there are many ways certain events in the books could have gone. That doesn't make them filler, just like it doesn't make this filler., because it services the story.

Her encounter with Sansa was filler, but her encounter with Arya was integral to Arya's story because it set her off on her journey to Braavos.

I disagree the encounter with Sansa was filler. It was necessary for Sansa to both reject Brienne and communicate to the audience that Sansa was doing so because she could see that Littlefinger would never allow her to stay and because Sansa's current angle in the game is to keep Littlefinger onside.

It was also likely necessary to show Littlefinger trying to have Brienne killed because that will be the reason why Brienne will not stay with Sansa in the North in season 6 (speculation) when Sansa rejoins Littlefinger who is coming with his Vale army.

I disagree the encounter with Sansa was filler. It was necessary for Sansa to both reject Brienne and communicate to the audience that Sansa was doing so because she could see that Littlefinger would never allow her to stay and because Sansa's current angle in the game is to keep Littlefinger onside.

It was also likely necessary to show Littlefinger trying to have Brienne killed because that will be the reason why Brienne will not stay with Sansa in the North in season 6 (speculation) when Sansa rejoins Littlefinger who is coming with his Vale army.

You may be right, and it may matter more in season 6 and season 5, but reports make me think Brienne may not stay in the North very long.

You may be right, and it may matter more in season 6 and season 5, but reports make me think Brienne may not stay in the North very long.

I agree, she won't stay. I think Sansa and Theon escape, maybe meet Brienne during their flight. But they soon come across the Vale army arriving, and neither Theon nor Brienne would be safe with thr Vale army. So Sansa sends them away, and Theon goes to the Iron Islands while Brienne returns to the Riverlands may e to try to find Arya.

It is also possible that Brienne and Sansa do not meet, but Brienne finds out she has gone back to LF so in any case can't stay.

I agree, she won't stay. I think Sansa and Theon escape, maybe meet Brienne during their flight. But they soon come across the Vale army arriving, and neither Theon nor Brienne would be safe with thr Vale army. So Sansa sends them away, and Theon goes to the Iron Islands while Brienne returns to the Riverlands may e to try to find Arya.

It is also possible that Brienne and Sansa do not meet, but Brienne finds out she has gone back to LF so in any case can't stay.

In any case, it will be interesting to see how Brienne's story progresses next season.

I thought you always said that Sansa will go to Castle Black to meet Jon. Maybe I was wrong and it as someone else.

I thought you always said that Sansa will go to Castle Black to meet Jon. Maybe I was wrong and it as someone else.

nope. I mean, she might. But it would a bit dumb as that is the first place Ramsay would look.

Also that is very far. I think the Vale army is closer at hand so even if she were headed to the Wall she would meet them first.

Archived