Future of the dothraki

I think that the biggest mistake would be to consider the Dothraki to be a unified people.  While I can see Dany gaining influence over one, maybe two of the Kalisars, I don't see the Dothraki as a whole following her...they are far too independent.  In my humble opinion, any such Dothraki that accompany her to Westeros won't be as effective as she thinks.  They have adapted their lifestyle to survive and even thrive on the Dothraki Sea.  Here, they are almost unbeatable but in the foreign land, facing people who have adapted their lifestyle to the local, they will be at a severe disadvantage.  

As per the OP, the local lords will not put up with the Dothraki settling their lands in Westeros.  The Dothraki have a different language, culture and religion.  Any interactions are going to be very tense and highly suspicious.  Even if Dany puts down overt resistance, there is going to be a lot of covert resistance to the Dothraki presence.

1 hour ago, Melisandre's White Pubes said:

Biggest, jingliest, wight army once they experience Northern winter.

Right on. Winter has come to Westeros already. Dothraki aren't suited (literally and figuratively) for that harshness.

The Dothrakis are to Dany what the Wildlings are for Jon, a test to prove their leading abilities. They aren't there just for hoots and giggles. If Jon was able to continue Mance's work to unite them and bring them to Westeros, Dany will do the same.

Dany's storyline is related to slavery. The chain of slavery begins with the Dothrakis, who are the ones slaving people and taking them to the Masters. If slavery is ever going to end, then Dany has to cut the head of the monster. Remember that the Dothrakis are very superstitious, and Dany isn't just arriving with three Dragons, but she will likely be acknowledged as the Stallion Who Mounts the World, one of their more respected figures. She's going to be pretty much a goddess to them.

Either way, I don't see Dany transporting them all. She will do what she did with the Unsullied and ask them who will go with them. Unlike the Wildlings, not all of them need to go. Some will follow her with the promise of a new land, while others might either stay on their own will, or Dany will ask them to stay to rebuild Slaver's Bay.

Westeros is looking at famine, long night, possibly a few plagues, and a zombie apocalypse. By the time all that is over, half the population might be dead. I'm sure Dothraki will find a place to settle. Ditto for the wildlings.

51 minutes ago, kimim said:

Westeros is looking at famine, long night, possibly a few plagues, and a zombie apocalypse. By the time all that is over, half the population might be dead. I'm sure Dothraki will find a place to settle. Ditto for the wildlings.

Those are very strong people. I'm sure they will be the last standing.

Archived