Green beyond The Wall

The Three Whores

So even after all the stuff that went down last episode, I'm kinda hung up on the fact that it used to be GREEN north of the wall before the White Walkers. So if the White Walkers die, maybe it will return to that way. Maybe the North will actually become warmer as well.

If you are referring to the scene with the creation of the WW, it could've been done south of the Wall. Before the First Men came the COTF inhabited the whole of Westeros and their Weirwood trees were everywhere. Then men came and chopped them down and pushed the COTF further North until they had to do what we saw in the show.

I agree there were was no indication that it was beyond the wall. Also in the books the lands beyond the Wall are not permanently wintery, there's, for example oak trees north of the wall who'd need at least short periods of summer, so if it was beyond the wall, it might have been during the short summer there?  

It's the "Lands of Always Winter" to the extreme north of the map of Westeros that are permanently frozen and cold.

The scene also took place ages ago so it could have been a warmer climate at that point too.  But I don't think enough time has passed to fully explain the discrepancy. 

I do think though that it took place in the Land of Always Winter, because when Bran returns to that location it is completely covered in ice and snow.  Plus the Other Army is stationed there so it doesn't make sense for it to be south of the Wall.  Plus we do know that the Others bring unnatural cold with them, so with enough in existence they could be providing enough thermal pollution to alter the temperature of the planet.

6 minutes ago, Bran the Shipper said:

I do think though that it took place in the Land of Always Winter, because when Bran returns to that location it is completely covered in ice and snow.  Plus the Other Army is stationed there so it doesn't make sense for it to be south of the Wall.  Plus we do know that the Others bring unnatural cold with them, so with enough in existence they could be providing enough thermal pollution to alter the temperature of the planet.

Bran right now isn't anywhere close to the Lands of Always Winter. he's in the Haunterd Forest (south of the Lands of Always Winter) Plus we do not know  if the weirwood in the vision is the same as the one above the cave.

Again, it's not always winter beyond the wall.

To your first point however, yes, over 12000 years is more than enough for drastic climate change.

4 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Plus we do not know  if the weirwood in the vision is the same as the one above the cave.

It being the same weirwood in both of his visions is the conclusion that we are supposed to draw though, because the rocks are arranged in the same exact pattern.  I'm pretty sure when they first show off both locations it is pretty much identical except that the second visit has it covered in snow.  Sadly my Google-fu isn't up to snuff to actually find the appropriate screenshots.

8 hours ago, Bran the Shipper said:

It being the same weirwood in both of his visions is the conclusion that we are supposed to draw though, because the rocks are arranged in the same exact pattern.  I'm pretty sure when they first show off both locations it is pretty much identical except that the second visit has it covered in snow.  Sadly my Google-fu isn't up to snuff to actually find the appropriate screenshots.

That's interesting, I thought it was Winterfell.  The stone pattern where show Ned killed the deserter.  There's a sacrifice that happens in the distant past in the books, but Bran sees it through the WF Weirwood, presumably pre-WF.

Its the same place. The way they shot it implies it is the same tree, the same stones, in different points in time. In the novel about the Ice Dragon by GRRM the dragon was the cause of cold and snow and when he died all the snow was gone and there was grass and only a small pond of very cold water.

On 5/26/2016 at 4:50 PM, Uncle Benjen's said:

If you are referring to the scene with the creation of the WW, it could've been done south of the Wall. Before the First Men came the COTF inhabited the whole of Westeros and their Weirwood trees were everywhere. Then men came and chopped them down and pushed the COTF further North until they had to do what we saw in the show.

I think it's meant to show like it's the same place. When the camera zooms out to give a birds' (raven if you like) eye view you see the same swirling stone formation that centers/has focal point that the Weirwood Tree. It doesn't appear anywhere else before I believe. Of course, there could be more of these 'holy places' (for lack of a better term) around the continent, but it feels like it's the same spot. 

it is beyond the wall, shortly after he encounters the nights king and wights, we cant say if was the lands of always winter, but surely it is beyond the wall, to me this is a possible spoiler, that the children, by creating the WW, created the long winters

Archived