RIP Davos Seaworth, the real one true King of Westeros.

This whole season has been about tying up loose ends and eliminating secondary characters who don't really help drive the show forward anymore. 

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that Davos is dying in this episode. 

Who knows? While it's still fun to speculate, I feel like it's not rewarding to try to get into the showrunner's heads anymore. Too disappointing. But a fascinating, and sweet post to read. 

* My favorite moment of the whole show is Davos' heartbroken head shake after Blackwater, when asked if his son survived. :(

I think Davos is too good to kill. Many of the best lines and moves in the Ep. were his. (Although someone was correct to say that somebody directing this show has played Total War. Stannis over the wildlings, Ramsay over Stannis and now Jon over Ramsay, in each case the troop movements were shown from above, the same screen that the Total War engine provides...the movement of whole blocks of troops .) I think Davos might be about to kill Mel (I hope not).

We don't know when Jorah will show up or whether Daario will continue to have as large a role, but I can see Dany liking Davos and him getting along with Tyrion. Davos could have legs.

I have now seen the "Davos dead" pic. Well, it didn't happen tonight. And I'm not clear on how he would get speared next week. Even if he kills Mel, he's not going to be killed fleeing.

Sure, I could be wrong, but I think the show is hanging on to Davos because the actor is the best of the cast

Not a fake picture, but definitely not from GoT.

That's got to be at least 10 years old - look at how trimmed back the beard is, he's thinner, and Liam's certainly done his fair share of films that require that sort of outfit.

In light of last night's events, I'm calling it; Davos is a keeper.

Archived