Mexal

College Basketball: Sweet and disappointing

365 posts in this topic

If anyone had even a small amount of doubt about Lavar Ball not being out for himself more than his kids despite his constant statements in public saying otherwise, give this article a quick read. This shit goes way beyond just saying outlandish shit for attention, dude is a fucking prick.

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Triskan said:

By the way, Rhom and Ned, I would be remiss if I didn't say something like this today:  Your scent is weak.  I challenge you.

If memory serves, Gonzaga is nigh-identical to Oregon in that they've made the 8 three times in the modern era:  that first breakout year under Dan Monson and then twice under Few in the last, ahem, few years, but lost at that round all three times.  My hunch is that Gonzaga edges out Xaxier to make their first Final Four this year but that Oregon loses to KU who looks like the most complete team now.  

It's almost comical to compare the two regions going at it today.  In one you have all top seeds remaining with UNC v. Butler and UK v. UCLA.  Then you have chaos across the way with the 1 and the 2 gone.  

Challenge accepted! 

Xavier will give Gonzaga all they want... not predicting a win, but I'd be surprised if it doesn't come down to the final minutes.  

SoCar is owning Baylor!  

Now I'm going to rant about my disdain for Fairweather Fans for a moment... Ned Jr. and Ned III are at their mother's watching the game tonight, much to my chagrin, but that's how the parenting schedule worked out.  On that note, at least 3 of my neighbors and 3 people in my circle of friends have asked to come over tonight to watch the game on 60" 1080p and Dolby surround.  None of them gave a shit until 5 days ago, and when I asked each in turn to name 4 players on UK's roster, none of them passed the test.  So I politely replied "I prefer to watch these things, instead of have them on in the background."  Fuck off.  Sure, it would've been a great watch party, with the game as an afterthought.  No thanks.  

And yes the bourbon is flowing freely.

S-E-C  S-E-C S-E-C!!! :D 

Edited by Ded As Ned

Lol - I like it.

Is there any person that falls outside of the following two groups that is rooting for Baylor?  1)  Baylor fans 2) people that took Baylor in their bracket?  

UNC having no trouble with Butler.  

I hadn't looked at the brackets since mine went to shit yesterday with Arizona losing... but I notice Junior still hanging in second place with 3 of his final 4 teams still alive... pending a UK win later tonight.

Baylor is trying to mount a late surge.... Frank Martin needs to get his mobster on

Frank Martin got his mobster on.  None of those players want to see themselves and all their relatives sleeping with the fishes this night.

Joking aside... my opinion of him has completely changed over the tournament.  I used to think he was too intense and worked his players too hard throughout the regular season, but we're seeing the fruits of that labor pan out.  I'm sure none of the players are complaining.  And I hear from another poster here that he's actually a likable guy when he's not completely focused on a game.  

37 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

Frank Martin got his mobster on.  None of those players want to see themselves and all their relatives sleeping with the fishes this night.

Joking aside... my opinion of him has completely changed over the tournament.  I used to think he was too intense and worked his players too hard throughout the regular season, but we're seeing the fruits of that labor pan out.  I'm sure none of the players are complaining.  And I hear from another poster here that he's actually a likable guy when he's not completely focused on a game.  

His players really seem to love him.  I really liked watching him when he was at K-State, still don't know what they were thinking when they fired him.

Hopefully the late games tonight will be better than the early ones!

Here's some awesomeness to watch during halftime:

"I tell you what, you know what Gary, I hate you.  I've been telling you the whole time it was a Malibu, and now you're the surprised one? Kevin, don't look at me like that. You guys are probably going to edit me right out of the commercial, hunh. I hate all of you."  

:lmao: 

"I wouldn't pay a dime over 15-5." Good stuff, I hate those dumb car commercials.

This game is living up to the hype so far.

I'm anxious.

Your boy, Booker, dropped 70 in the big leagues today. Holy fuck!

4 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I'm anxious.

Good call on Purdue to the Final Four! ;) 

5 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Good call on Purdue to the Final Four! ;) 

Looked like it for a while in the first half!

8 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Your boy, Booker, dropped 70 in the big leagues today. Holy fuck!

Would love to have him on the floor tonight!!! :) 

"Yeaha, Debbie parties in the back."

Ball has had some amazing passes tonight, but he can't shoot for shit.

4 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

"Yeaha, Debbie parties in the back."

What is that? Burnt Rust? Go fuck yourself! These are great. I hate these fucking commercials. Great parody.

A missed charge on Ball in the middle of that crazy action. Monk feeling it.

I have no memory of Thomas Welsh from the infamous beatdown in December 2014, but in the two and a half games since that day I think I only remember seeing him miss that little 12 footer of his once.  And that was in the first half tonight.

2 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Ball has had some amazing passes tonight, but he can't shoot for shit.

He cocks his three pointers from his hip.  Feel like that will get him blocked a lot in the NBA.

Is this Fox's best game of the season?  He's on fire tonight.