Cersei's role in season 8 and KL's possible destruction

Frederic_ed

16 minutes ago, SecretWeapon said:

There is also a possibility the WW invasion might go all the way down so blowing up KL is needed to kill them all

That was my thought when speaking about Dany's vision and how it shows KL in ruins...

On 6/21/2017 at 10:31 AM, Meera of Tarth said:

I think that not focusing on Cersei and 

Reveal hidden contents

actually hunting wights for her after she having blown a sept with everyone there: The QUeen, her uncle, Hand of the King, etc

means that 

1) the plot is laughable, the characters are laughable

2) the real plot will be different than the leaks

because it makes no sense. I think it's not logical. My humble op on that topic.

well they could have some people lay siege to the city and starve her out while the rest go to fight the white walkers. This means after the defeat the other lannister forces and only need to take kings landing. I don't think it is a stupid idea and it may lead to what I think will happen which will be jaime killing her because she plans to blow kings landing.

Remember in the show she is fighting almost everyone. The north,dorne,and the tyrells among others. And those she isn't fighting are not gonna help her. So it is eesentially the lannister forces against everyone. Well maybe the iron born will help too but I don't see them being a huge boost since a fraction (granted a small amount) has already left them.

Dany will essentially have the north,the tyreels and highgarden,dorne,and probably more of westero's as well. In addition to her dothraki horde,7,000 unsullied,and three dragons and perhaps some freedman who were trained. Plus in the show the lannisters are no longer mining gold so they aren't gaining money like they were. She could easily have a fraction of them lay siege to kings landing  and hold her there. Honestly the WW are the real threat since they will kill everyone. And the lannister forces are led by an insane leader and are likely depleated after so much war and lack of morale after what cersei did.

19 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

well they could have some people lay siege to the city and starve her out while the rest go to fight the white walkers. This means after the defeat the other lannister forces and only need to take kings landing. I don't think it is a stupid idea and it may lead to what I think will happen which will be jaime killing her because she plans to blow kings landing.

Remember in the show she is fighting almost everyone. The north,dorne,and the tyrells among others. And those she isn't fighting are not gonna help her. So it is eesentially the lannister forces against everyone. Well maybe the iron born will help too but I don't see them being a huge boost since a fraction (granted a small amount) has already left them.

Dany will essentially have the north,the tyreels and highgarden,dorne,and probably more of westero's as well. In addition to her dothraki horde,7,000 unsullied,and three dragons and perhaps some freedman who were trained. Plus in the show the lannisters are no longer mining gold so they aren't gaining money like they were. She could easily have a fraction of them lay siege to kings landing  and hold her there. Honestly the WW are the real threat since they will kill everyone. And the lannister forces are led by an insane leader and are likely depleated after so much war and lack of morale after what cersei did.

indeed a siege would make more sense

Nobody seems to have mentioned it but in GRRM original outline this happens in that the surviving characters go north so the show is following GRRM here I feel.  It did surprise me when reading the leaks though I must admit I thought Cersei and Dany would clash and it wouldn't last too long then Jon and Dany would have some sort of stand off yet it doesn't work that way at all.

2 hours ago, snow is the man said:

Did you read the leaks?

On 6/20/2017 at 0:19 PM, Frederic_ed said:

Thanks to the leaked spoilers we pretty much know what will happen in season 7. One of the things that caught my attention is the fact that Cersei will survive season 7 and that the war for the iron throne will be kind of "paused" while everyone (but Cersei and Euron) deal with the WW. These rises a few questions. First of all, how will the KL's plot be resolved in season 8? I think leaving the war for the throne in stand-by is too big for D&D to have made up, it must come from the books. So... does that mean that Cersei will be dealt with AFTER the white walkers are taken care of?

Then I remembered LOTR and the fact that it's one of George R. R. Martin's favorite books. Remember the Scouring of the Shire? In the LOTR books, after Sauron is defeated the hobbits return to the Shire and find out it has been wrecked by Saruman (this was cut from the films). So, could George give an ending in which everyone returns to King's Landing after defeating the Others and Cersei destroys the city? It would be a fitting homage to Tolkien and would give us the "bittersweet ending" George has talked about.

That was just an idea, even if that doesn't happen, there must be some significance to the fact that everyone is going to focus on the war in the north and leaving Cersei for later. How will that be solved? If Jon and/or Daenerys die while fightning the Others, then Sansa could very well be the young more beautiful queen who will cast Cersei down.

Anyway, my big point is that the KL's plot has to be resolved and it seems that it will be left unresolved while everyone takes care of the WW. Any thoughts on it?

https://www.thedradonandthewolf.com/single-post/2017/06/18/The-End-A-Dream-Of-Spring-With-Valonqar-Cleganebowl

8 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

indeed a siege would make more sense

I think at this point if it wasn't for the white walkers that cersei couldn't stand against everyone even if you didn't add any of dany's forces. I think her biggest weapon is actually that she could blow up kingslanding.  Her best bet would be for her to fort up all the cities they have. It would be a good defense against dany's dragons because if dany used them in the cities it would likely burn the entire city down and while cersei is insane she is smart enough to realize that dany won't want to do that. If she meets dany's forces on the field they will be slaughtered. The dothraki horde alone would destroy most armies because of the sheer numbers they have. If she brings all the dothraki she will have at least 50,000 warriors with them alone. I say 50,000 instead of the total number of dothraki because not all of them are warriors.  But as we know from westero's history the dragons themselves could wipe out an army.

14 hours ago, jorywea said:

Is this just a blog with somebody's idea as to what happens?  It's an interesting read, but I mean, Euron and a Kraken vs the world post Night King??  Nah...

3 hours ago, Archangel Lucifer said:

It's Fanfic guy writes down based on theories  i think

I gotta admit, his Season 7 episode synopsis is pretty good.  Granted I imagine it's all based off the plot leaks and leaked set photos but I'll be damned if I can't see each episode going exactly as he wrote.  Crazy...

On 6/26/2017 at 9:22 AM, Jaehaerys Stark said:

I've long suspected that this is shown because it will be revealed that Bran is actually the one who made the Mad King go mad.  I think he went back in time to convince the Mad king of the threat early on, was telling him to "Burn them all" and the Mad King, not knowing the voice was Bran's, was pulling a "Hodor" and repeating "Burn them all" when Jaime overhears this, thinks the King is talking about the citizens, and kills him...

I thought Aerys was crazy before that. Just ask... Rickard and Brandon Stark, Qarlton Chested, Rhaella Targaryen, etc. 

If he was pulling a Hodor, he'd be repeating it until he was saying "bural" or something of that nature.

12 hours ago, snow is the man said:

I did a while ago but forgot them thankfully. I remember thinking alot of them were wrong but it is just my opinion.

Tough luck they werent.

Cersei has the bigger army. Olenna has the TYRELL army not THE REACH army. Dorne doesn't have a huge army. The point of convincing Cersei is to get more forces against the WW, sieging KL and fighting the Lannister goes against that.

21 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

I thought Aerys was crazy before that. Just ask... Rickard and Brandon Stark, Qarlton Chested, Rhaella Targaryen, etc. 

If he was pulling a Hodor, he'd be repeating it until he was saying "bural" or something of that nature.

Aerys was crazy.  I'm not denying that.  But he was more cruel than crazy.  Like Joffrey was.  What I'm hypothesizing is that the reason he kept saying "Burn them all" was due to Bran, and the fact that he kept repeating it, is why Jaime killed him, thinking he was talking about the citizens.  Which makes sense seeing as how he had the pyromancers make/place all that wildfire under KL.  It was just a perfect storm of circumstances...

33 minutes ago, SecretWeapon said:

Tough luck they werent.

Cersei has the bigger army. Olenna has the TYRELL army not THE REACH army. Dorne doesn't have a huge army. The point of convincing Cersei is to get more forces against the WW, sieging KL and fighting the Lannister goes against that.

Dorne may not have a big army but they have at least 10,000 men and the tyrells rule the reach in the show. So who will join cersei besides lannisters. Noone except the iron men sorry your argument makes no sense. Also I doubt cersei will help fight the WW with dany and jon. She will think that she could let them fight the WW and weaken themselves. even If she believes there are white walkers (which I doubt) she will likely underestimate the threat. Or she will say she will join them to fight the WW but then attack dany and jon while they  are busy fighting the WW. Once she see's tyrion she will automatically see red and focus on destroying dany.

Also How can you know a leak is true when the show hasn't come out yet

21 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

Dorne may not have a big army but they have at least 10,000 men and the tyrells rule the reach in the show. So who will join cersei besides lannisters. Noone except the iron men sorry your argument makes no sense. Also I doubt cersei will help fight the WW with dany and jon. She will think that she could let them fight the WW and weaken themselves. even If she believes there are white walkers (which I doubt) she will likely underestimate the threat. Or she will say she will join them to fight the WW but then attack dany and jon while they  are busy fighting the WW. Once she see's tyrion she will automatically see red and focus on destroying dany.

Also How can you know a leak is true when the show hasn't come out yet

At the very least Tarly does. There were probably others among the realms

"How can you know..." everything in the trailers so far was in the leaks too. Stop being obtuse.

Archived