Manhole Eunuchsbane

U.S. Politics: I Did Nazi That Coming

415 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Speer us the puns.

I'm getting Hessed from the cheap seats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I'm getting Hessed from the cheap seats.

Touché. Though I really try hard not to be a Bor mann. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

notice the on "getting normies on our side"

really wondering why that could be a concern of theirs, or why this most toxic of toxic chan groups would think this is a reasonable and attainable goal? maybe someone from the last thread could help me out here, i am really struggling with this leap of logic....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, r'hllor's red lobster said:

 

notice the on "getting normies on our side"

really wondering why that could be a concern of theirs, or why this most toxic of toxic chan groups would think this is a reasonable and attainable goal? maybe someone from the last thread could help me out here, i am really struggling with this leap of logic....

 Sorry, but I'm just a little old dipshit totally divorced from any real oppression with a shit lib worldview. I can't imagine that you would appreciate any banal, saccharine filled response that I might craft to your complex and complicated question. 

Edited by Manhole Eunuchsbane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

 Sorry, but I'm just a little old dipshit totally divorced from any real oppression whit a shit lib worldview. I can't imagine that you would appreciate any banal, saccharine filled response that I might craft to your complex and complicated question. 

good thing you haven't offered one, then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, r'hllor's red lobster said:

good thing you haven't offered one, then

Ask an assholish question...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, missed a new one was started.  Guess I'll put this here.  @theguyfromtheVale:

30 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Obviously I don't know what country you're from.  This is a faulty measurement, but here's a map of the popular vote for the main nationalist party in each country.  If you can find any discernible pattern there based on anti-nazi laws, you have a very beautiful mind.  The larger takeaway is radical right parties have been on the rise throughout Europe - regardless of any specific country's anti-nazi laws.

Frankly, I don't want to be allied in the fight against white supremacy with anyone wiling to advocate unprovoked violence or eager to label anyone that disagrees with them on defending free speech as nazi apologists.  They're untrustworthy, have marginalized themselves, and have a fundamentally flawed perspective on politics, let alone ethical code.  Be happy to welcome them to the adult conversation when they come to their senses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, r'hllor's red lobster said:

really wondering why that could be a concern of theirs, or why this most toxic of toxic chan groups would think this is a reasonable and attainable goal? maybe someone from the last thread could help me out here, i am really struggling with this leap of logic....

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to imply.  A white supremacist realizes supporting violence isn't palatable to most people?  Yeah, that's a revelation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to imply.  A white supremacist realizes supporting violence isn't palatable to most people?  Yeah, that's a revelation.

yeah, that's clearly what he was getting at. "we're the movement of peace guise

obviously concerned about actually not supporting violence, and not at all about how it could harm the veneer of respectability they have worked to extract from moderate commentators... :rolleyes:

maybe you guys would be so kind to let him know it's important to paint this terrorist who has very clear connections to their movement as a 'fringe nutjob' and not lose sight of the 'just exercising our right to free speech' message

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, r'hllor's red lobster said:

 

notice the on "getting normies on our side"

really wondering why that could be a concern of theirs, or why this most toxic of toxic chan groups would think this is a reasonable and attainable goal? maybe someone from the last thread could help me out here, i am really struggling with this leap of logic....

You're suggesting that this is them seeing non-violence as the chink in the armour, I think. If that's what you are reading into that, I think you'll need to connect the dots more. Just as a no-thought flier for instance, what if he means that 'normies' will come to their side more if they're seen as the attacked/victims?

edit: clicked too soon...but in any event, trusting the political perception of a poster on a white supremacist site just might not be a wonderful foundation for w/e it is you are trying to say. 

Edited by James Arryn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

 And 4chan is concerned with their rep among "normies"? That's a fucking knee-slapper. It's a card carrying troll community whose mission statement is "piss off the normies". Any spin they are looking for is how do we create the most offensive meme possible on the back of this.

Edited by Manhole Eunuchsbane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, r'hllor's red lobster said:

yeah, that's clearly what he was getting at. "we're the movement of peace guise

obviously concerned about actually not supporting violence, and not at all about how it could harm the veneer of respectability they have worked to extract from moderate commentators... :rolleyes:

WTF veneer of respectability are you talking about?  Who is saying the white supremacists aren't abject pieces of shit around here?  What "moderate" commentators are you referring to?  You seem to be intent on making enemies of people who agree you, which is sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

You're suggesting that this is them seeing non-violence as the chink in the armour, I think. If that's what you are reading into that, I think you'll need to connect the dots more. Just as a no-thought flier for instance, what if he means that 'normies' will come to their side more if they're seen as the attacked/victims?

edit: clicked too soon...but in any event, trusting the political perception of a poster on a white supremacist site just might not be a wonderful foundation for w/e it is you are trying to say. 

huh? even after your edit, i'm not sure you understand me (which i will admit may be a failure of communication on my part, thus request for clarification)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dmc515 said:

WTF veneer of respectability are you talking about?  Who is saying the white supremacists aren't abject pieces of shit around here?  What "moderate" commentators are you referring to?  You seem to be intent on making enemies of people who agree you, which is sad.

its not just "around here". it's about these fucking "the dapper nationalist" write ups about richsrd spencer. is major national media outlets reporting on far right wing violence in extremely passive voice. lastly, yes, it is about people like you bending over backwards to minimize the far right ethnonationalist movement with "wah, until they actually kill someone they're just excercising free speech" bullshit. they folks here who actually are saying white supremacists are abject pieces of shit are the ones voicing full throated condemnation of the actual nazis rhetoric and tactics. 

so yeah, anyone trying to find some bullshit middle ground between people who literally want to exterminate anyone not like them and those fighting to oppose them in the name of equity and justice is a do-nothing moderate blowhard.  i'm not trying to make enemies of those who agree with me; such cowards can't agree with my stance because they haven't the spine to take a real, principled stance; instead they cower behind their silly abstractions like a fair and just "rule of law" and elevate process over outcome, ceding ground to the true existential threat by giving them the rhetorical tools normalize their horrific movement... they are already and will always be my enemy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, r'hllor's red lobster said:

it's about these fucking "the dapper nationalist" write ups about richsrd spencer.

Unaware of such bullshit.  And to raise an old issue - no, I don't care that he was punched in the face.

14 minutes ago, r'hllor's red lobster said:

is major national media outlets reporting on far right wing violence in extremely passive voice.

You just linked to a Reuters wire report that clearly was simply unsure of the facts of what happened at the time.  Way to present your position with deceptive information.

17 minutes ago, r'hllor's red lobster said:

lastly, yes, it is about people like you bending over backwards to minimize the far right ethnonationalist movement with "wah, until they actually kill someone they're just excercising free speech" bullshit. they folks here who actually are saying white supremacists are abject pieces of shit are the ones voicing full throated condemnation of the actual nazis rhetoric and tactics. 

I reject the premise that advocating for free speech and fighting against white supremacists are mutually exclusive.  You can condemn, full-throated, those abject pieces of shit and still be an absolutist on the first amendment (which I'm not).  It's terribly unfortunate you don't understand that.

24 minutes ago, r'hllor's red lobster said:

so yeah, anyone trying to find some bullshit middle ground between people who literally want to exterminate anyone not like them and those fighting to oppose them in the name of equity and justice is a do-nothing moderate blowhard.  i'm not trying to make enemies of those who agree with me; such cowards can't agree with my stance because they haven't the spine to take a real, principled stance; instead they cower behind their silly abstractions like a fair and just "rule of law" and elevate process over outcome, ceding ground to the true existential threat by giving them the rhetorical tools normalize their horrific movement... they are already and will always be my enemy

Advocating against violence is neither cowardly nor a silly abstraction.  It's also not a "middle ground," it's an incredibly important line in the sand.  Perhaps one day you'll see that doesn't make anyone your enemy.  I hope you do.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn. I know I'm not a regular poster in this thread, but it saddens me to see all this infighting. At the very least I'd hope that everyone participating in the discussion would agree (no matter their view on how far Freedom of Speech should protect people), that if Nazi's ever again actually started exterminating people, it would be every moral human being's responsibility to do everything within their power to put a stop to it. And yes, this would include going out and fighting/killing aforementioned Nazis who are exterminating people. Because if you didn't, could you really justify to yourself that you did the right thing because "Violence is never the answer"?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.