Gaston de Foix

The Unholy Consult post-release SPOILER thread IV

389 posts in this topic

If Cnaiur IS Ajokli, then every moment Kellhus was trying to possess Cnaiur was just Kellhus becoming more possessed by Cnaijokli.

Which would explain why the world turned when Kellhus witnessed the rape, because that's when Kellhus switched strategies to use Serwe's subjugation to indirectly manipulate Cnaiur rather than trying to manipulate him directly. So that was the vector in for Ajokli?

I know it's not that well thought out by the author, but it's fun to overfit these theories back to the text.

13 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Cnaiur IS Ajokli ?

Wait, Ben is Glory?

2 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Cnaiur IS Ajokli ?

See unJon's posts upthread. He reasons Ajokli is special because Ajokli the god is born after the eschaton, at the end of the book when Cnaiur ascends to hell and completes his on world metamorphosis to the prince that Mimara saw. 

In this reading, the No god and even baby Kelly are red herrings, and readers that don't catch it are missing the birth of an in-text god which ripples thine understanding of the whole series preceding: that which comes after determines what comes before.

this also neatly inverts the classic fantasy tropes of a warrior Christ saving he world as the finale is about a warrior antichrist destroying the world.

but it's probably not hat well thought out, so I wouldn't put too much effort into it.

Edited by lokisnow

2 hours ago, lokisnow said:

but it's probably not hat well thought out, so I wouldn't put too much effort into it.

Personally, I found it to be the greatest theory to ever grace my unworthy eyes. If that wasn't exactly what happened in the book, then Bakker should fall upon his knees before "unJon" and tearfully thank him for providing a plot twist that will surely launch his career upon so Golden a Path as to allow him to climb atop his massive pile of money and literary awards all the way into actual Heaven, where he can laugh in the faces of J.R.R. Tolkien and Frank Herbert for being so comparatively poor and obscure.

Edited by Let's Get Kraken

4 hours ago, lokisnow said:

See unJon's posts upthread. He reasons Ajokli is special because Ajokli the god is born after the eschaton, at the end of the book when Cnaiur ascends to hell and completes his on world metamorphosis to the prince that Mimara saw. 

In this reading, the No god and even baby Kelly are red herrings, and readers that don't catch it are missing the birth of an in-text god which ripples thine understanding of the whole series preceding: that which comes after determines what comes before.

this also neatly inverts the classic fantasy tropes of a warrior Christ saving he world as the finale is about a warrior antichrist destroying the world.

It wasn't me. Was @Let's Get Kraken

3 hours ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

Personally, I found it to be the greatest theory to ever grace my unworthy eyes. If that wasn't exactly what happened in the book, then Bakker should fall upon his knees before "unJon" and tearfully thank him for providing a plot twist that will surely launch his career upon so Golden a Path as to allow him to climb atop his massive pile of money and literary awards all the way into actual Heaven, where he can laugh in the faces of J.R.R. Tolkien and Frank Herbert for being so comparatively poor and obscure.

Lol :P

EDIT: Whops, wrong thread. Nevermind.

Edited by Let's Get Kraken