saravs

Casterly Rock Why?

30 posts in this topic

1. Tyrion didn't know the gold mines had run dry. If you remember, the scene was between Tywin and Cersei while Tyrion was in jail. He would have absolutely no way of knowing that. 

2. He overestimated Cersei's sentimental value of the Rock. He didn't expect Cersei and Jaime would let the Rock fall without giving much of a fuck. 

19 minutes ago, LittleScorpion said:

1. Tyrion didn't know the gold mines had run dry. If you remember, the scene was between Tywin and Cersei while Tyrion was in jail. He would have absolutely no way of knowing that. 

2. He overestimated Cersei's sentimental value of the Rock. He didn't expect Cersei and Jaime would let the Rock fall without giving much of a fuck. 

I also think there was also an element of hubris. 

He always thought he was so much smarter than Cersei. 

47 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

He always thought he was so much smarter than Cersei. 

True, I don't think it ever occurred to him that Cersei might outsmart him. 

Tyrion was the hand. It is unlikely for him to not have known the finances of Casterly Rock.

saravs

8 minutes ago, saravs said:

Tyrion was the hand. It is unlikely for him to not have known the finances of Casterly Rock.

saravs

Tyrion was in jail. 

11 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Also, I think he still really, really wants to take Casterly Rock away from Cersei, because he was supposed to be the heir—far more so than he consciously realizes, which may have distorted his judgment a bit.

50 minutes ago, falcotron said:

Also, I think he still really, really wants to take Casterly Rock away from Cersei, because he was supposed to be the heir—far more so than he consciously realizes, which may have distorted his judgment a bit.

Totally 

Tyrion's strategy was to use the attack on Casterly Rock to force Cersei out of Kings Landing. Makes sense. 

The loss of Highgarden was the result of Sam's father being a turncoat. The queen of thorns didn't have her bannermen behind her.

On 9/17/2017 at 10:26 AM, Deminelle said:

However, Tywin said earlier that Tyrion would get something more suitable for him instead of Casterly Rock. Was Tywin planning to give him something more valuable after all?

Tywin meant Winterfell, through Tyrion's marriage to Sansa.