Battlestar Galactica: The new movie + pre-Season 4 thread

Werthead

This awesome new teaser has surfaced at io9.com: http://io9.com/369909/why-battlestar-galac...cal-drama-on-tv

Warning: this teaser is chock full of spoilerish elements.

SPOILER: BSG

Some interesting moments in the teaser (sometimes very hard to make out as it moves fast):

-Someone (male cylon?) saying "the sixes have no idea of the threat they have unleashed". While this is being said, we see first the "promo" Caprica Six picture together with a closeup of the face of an 8, then Natalie being flanked by 2 Centurions facing Cavil, Simon and Doral (no doubt the famous "dinner ambush" scene we've been hearing about).

It looks like Natalie is playing an active part in the Centurion uprising, going by the last image.

Next scene, we see Caprica Six jumping on and slapping Tigh, on the Galactica.

A bit further; Baltar speaks to his followers, saying the Gods (of Kobol, no doubt) don't exists.

"The Cylons plan" (do they have one after all, or is this plan 37C by now):

Tigh: "If we bring attention to ourselves, we're frakked!"

Natalie: "The final five are in your fleet" (so she meets with at least one colonial)

Tory: "we're still missing one"

"Humanity's future" (with Athena's face shown - looks hybrids are the way to go then, not sure if I like that allthough I suppose the writing has been on the wall):

Athena: "we've got to do something before she takes us all down with her" (my guess: she's talking about Kara while on the mission to find Earth)

In a counterpoint to the attack from Caprica-6 on Tigh shown earlier (allthough the actual chronology within the show is unknown, of course), now Tigh is showing lifting Caprica-6 by the chin, quite effortlesly with one hand ("you've gone too far" or perhaps "this has gone too far", difficult to make out).

Very quick scene on a basestar: Natalie to (I suppose) Boomer, apparently trying to dissuade or persuade her: "they're going to attack". I don't know what to make of the figure in the background of this scene (very briefly visible between and behind Boomer and Natalie), at about 1:24 in the video.

Roslin: "what is she's playing all of us"?

This is an intriguing moment, as Roslin is in the company of both Adama's, Tigh, Tory and Tyrol while saying this. Anders is not shown (he could be on the Demetrius, depending on when this scene plays out). She could be talking about Kara, but I rather suspect Natalie is the one she fears is playing them all.

Kara, held in a tight grip by someone (Athena possibly, going by an earlier teaser): "I'm not a Cylon".

Last sentence "you will lead them all to their end" - the (female) hybrid again, allthough the accompanying scene is not shown this time.

There's also further stuff about Apollo and Baltar in the trailer.

Most of the entire main cast was on Letterman last night to deliver

(Top 10 Reasons to see the 4th Season of BSG).

SPOILER:
Tigh's is the best.

Most of the entire main cast was on Letterman last night to deliver
(Top 10 Reasons to see the 4th Season of BSG).

SPOILER: For the youtube impaired
The Battlestar Galactica cast appeared on David Letterman last night with the Top Ten (video below).

10. Chief Petty Officer Tyrol (Aaron Douglas): In the dramatic season opening episode, we save 15% by switching our insurance to Geico.

9. D’Anna Biers (Lucy Lawless): You’ll find out what’s in the hatch and who gets off the island - crap, wrong show.

8. Dr. Baltar (James Callis): My character creates his own line of “honey roasted space nuts.â€

7. Lieutenant Sharon Valerii (Grace Park): What else are you going to do, read a book?

6. Number Six (Tricia Helfer): There’s a good chance you’ll see me naked.

5. Colonel Saul Tigh (Michael Hogan): There’s a good chance you’ll see me naked.

4. Captain Lee Adama (Jamie Bamber): New FTL drives will allow the colonial fleet to better adjust to gravitational variations and achieve maximum superluminal travel to outrun the pursuing cylon basestars - I don’t know what the hell I’m talking about.

3. Starbuck (Katee Sackhoff): We engage in a life-and-death battle against evil robots.you know, same fuck shit as last year.

2. President Laura Roslin (Mary McDonnell): I take on the most challenging task of my political career - doing a lame top ten list on a third-rate talk show.

1. Admiral William Adama (Edward James Olmos): Watch me lead us into war against the Cylons without an exit strategy.

Was that the voice of "bucket of piss" lambkin talking about hope? If so, it raises some interesting questions...

I also think it's Lambkin talking. Strange and seemingly non-sensical thing to say, and it will be a while before we find out why he says this as his appearance is likely to come fairly late in season 4.0.

New promo on Youtube, featuring Tory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHW2vGXhii4

SPOILER: BSG

Notice the tear running from one of her eyes on the "promo" shot (for Roslin? or for something/someone else?).

Then we have live images, with Tory saying to Tyrol: "You're perfect, we're made to be perfect".

Together with the earlier "God has a plan for us", I have to say that Tory sounds 100% like a Cylon, contrary to what we see in Tigh so far.

I also think it's Lambkin talking. Strange and seemingly non-sensical thing to say, and it will be a while before we find out why he says this as his appearance is likely to come fairly late in season 4.0.

re: the spoiler: could simply be an attempt to motivate him. Remember his previous actions when he was in doubt...

I haven't seen that other clip you talked about, though

Digital spy has seen the first 3 eps of season 4 (not counting "Razor", of course), and they have a spoilerific preview here: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a92056/ba...on-preview.html

SPOILER: comments on preview + speculation

"Her [starbuck's] cause is not helped by the fact that her Viper is in pristine condition and her demands to change the fleet's course even involves her putting a gun to the head of a certain authority figure."

Roslin should be the "authority figure" going by earlier spoilers.

"There's a major Cylon-centric twist that is particularly powerful and visceral. There's tension in the air between Number Six and Dean Stockwell's Cavil, over the latter's unethical attitude towards the Cylon Raiders. Be prepared for some jaw-dropping scenes, in addition to Cavil picking up a love interest along the way. Well, that depends on whether you believe Cylons are capable of love. Perhaps a 'non-platonic snog' may be a more apt term."

Natalie is the 6. Cavil picking up a love interest - well, he was watching a near nude 8 dance in one of the leaked clips. I think it's likely that his "love interest" will be a named, prominent character rather than an anonymous 8 or other model, and with Natalie clearly in opposition to Cavil and D'anna probably not unboxed yet, it almost has to be Boomer they're talking about.

On other forums, lots of people seem to accept that Boomer will indeed side with Cavil. With earlier spoiler comments in mind from someone else who has seen a preview copy (that seemed to indicate Boomer is involved in a major way in the de-programming of the Centurions), and having just seen "Downloaded" again, I think she's in the process of gaining his trust to further her own ends. I wonder what exactly the relationship between Natalie and Boomer will be; they probably both want to save the fleet, but I doubt they will be on the same side, exactly. And what's really in Boomer's mind, does she truly believe in the Cylon God, does she care about the final five, does she want to return to Galactica? What's an act and what's real? I hope she finds some peace in the end, this character has earned a break.

Natalie, on the other hand, seems to be fixated on uniting all Cylons and does not necessarily care about humans, allthough the fact that she uses a human name may betray some affinity with humans. Who is she, what's her background, I wonder? Some of the promos desribe her as "the redeemer" (interestingly, one promo calls Baltar "the redeemed". Lots of people need redemption of some sort, on BSG).

"The fun and fiendish Gaius Baltar certainly has a lot in his plate these days, or rather on his bed. Indeed, he gets jiggy with someone who actually exists for a change, although the unfortunate female cries during the act of coitus. We won't reveal her identity, so by all means go ahead and speculate whether it is President Laura Roslin or not."

Red herring, no doubt. It could be Tory, or just someone in his harem. He has no shortage of attractive women, going by the teasers.

"Richard Hatch is back to his sneaky ways as Tom Zarek, passing on some classified information to a new colleague with a devious intent."

Interesting. Is Lee the "new colleague"? What's the classified info?

"The third episode, 'The Ties That Bind', features one of Galactica's crew members discovering the truth about three of the Cylons lurking on board the ship, but takes a rather shocking course of action immediately afterwards. But what is the fourth Cylon up to? Let's just say that he's jumped ship, not long after making eye contact with a Centurion."

Poor Cally...

Has to be her, I'm afraid. Anders apparently "jumps ship", but they may just mean that he's off on the Demetrius with Starbuck and co? If Starbuck doesn't go on her mission in those first 3 eps yet, then I'm at a loss as to what they mean.

Interesting.

The Sci-Fi Channel has formally greenlit Caprica. A two-hour pilot will go into production later this year.

Production begins tomorrow on Episode 12 of BSG Season 4. This episode is both written and directed by Ronald D. Moore. Scripts up to Episode 14 have been delivered to the actors. Apparently the strike gave the writers a chance to reconsider things a bit and tighten up the scripts for the second half of the season.

Oh, and it looks like Season 4.5 will air this autumn rather than us having to wait until January or April 2009. Nice.

Interesting.

The Sci-Fi Channel has formally greenlit Caprica. A two-hour pilot will go into production later this year.

Production begins tomorrow on Episode 12 of BSG Season 4. This episode is both written and directed by Ronald D. Moore. Scripts up to Episode 14 have been delivered to the actors. Apparently the strike gave the writers a chance to reconsider things a bit and tighten up the scripts for the second half of the season.

Oh, and it looks like Season 4.5 will air this autumn rather than us having to wait until January or April 2009. Nice.

Fuck yeah!

We getting any extra episodes?

No, just the 20 that was planned all along. The major - and unexpected - benefit was that unlike just about every other show this year, BSG isn't losing any episodes, which would have been shite.

Archived