Battlestar Galactica: The new movie + pre-Season 4 thread

Werthead

All of a sudden, Season 4 is looking awesome.

SPOILER: Season 4
Looks like they don't wimp out on giving us a humongous space battle at the start of Season 4. Looks like several civilian ships get blown apart and the Space Park - among other ships - is heavily damaged. Guess this is where the ten thousand new casualties take place with the first full-on battle taking place right in the middle of the civilian fleet. Interesting that a Raider has Anders in its sights but breaks off. Also interesting that we get to see part of the new title sequence as well.

SPOILER: Wha?
Cloud Nine comes back? What? Sounds cool though.

SPOILER: Wha?
Cloud Nine comes back? What? Sounds cool though.

SPOILER: BSG
Cloud Nine and the Space Park are different ships. The Space Park is the big wheel-like ship that's been around from the mini. The spinning cylinder contains hydroponic gardens, apparently, but we've never seen them. I've got a feeling it's not going to be around for much longer.

Assuming I'm interpreting RDM correctly, it cannot be anyone else at the table. Thus Roslin, Starbuck, Adama, Lee, Baltar and Helo are all ruled out. That really only leaves us with a new character (but I think RDM's basically said it's an established one), Zarek, Gaeta, Dee, Cally, Romo or one of the pilots.

SPOILER: Ummm

I don't want to be too pessimistic, but all of those options suck as the final Cylon IMO. They might have worked as one of the remaining five, they are certainly no worse choices than Anders or the hot presidential aide. But now that they have shown 4 more and left with one as the final revelation, these don't cut it anymore. It should be somone big or someone (or even something) new.

Who cares if one of the pilots turn out to be the final Cylon???

Unless it's Racetrack of course. That would definitely mean more screentime for her, no? Then, I'm all for this idea.

Intriguing.

A hint-tastic publicity photo for Season 4 based on the Last Supper. Among other things, it apparently has a humongous clue as to who the last Cylon is;

Assuming I'm interpreting RDM correctly, it cannot be anyone else at the table. Thus Roslin, Starbuck, Adama, Lee, Baltar and Helo are all ruled out. That really only leaves us with a new character (but I think RDM's basically said it's an established one), Zarek, Gaeta, Dee, Cally, Romo or one of the pilots.

SPOILER: bsg
Of these, Romo "puddle of piss" (courtesy of Jayne Cobb) Lamkin seems the least bad one.

edit: now why did I put a 'b' there?

• 2 weeks later...

Very minor spoiler:

Tyrol is Cylon Model Number Twelve. Apparently the actors were allowed to choose their numbers. Also, all of the Cylons - the Seven and the Five - will have their numbers revealed by mid-season. Apparently it's not very important, but there is a structure in the numbering. Some fans have taken this to mean that the Final Cylon is 1, the known models are 2-8 and the Penultimate Four are 9-12.

And a very major spoiler from this unproven source:

Galactica finds Earth in the mid-season cliffhanger. It's in the future, perhaps a hundred years from now, but there's a monumental M. Night Shyamalan-style twist to events. Hmm...

However, it has been confirmed that a large number of foilers are circulating for this season and everything pretty much has to be taken with a pinch of salt. For example:

Apparently the spoiler that only 21,000 Colonials would escape the trap at the start of Season 4 was a foiler that was simply set up by someone writing the number on Roslin's whiteboard before a press tour came around. Apparently snaps from a later episode reveal the number is actually 34,000. Whilst still heinous - that means five thousand people die in the opening minutes of Season 4, as many as who died on New Caprica - it's not quite so apocalyptic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, but then the article says that they'll show 10 episodes and then the rest as late as 2009 :(

I don't have cable, but have been getting the DVD's (still haven't seen season 3)

Are the episodes usually downloadable at Amazon.Com right away, or is there a huge lag?

I wonder if I'll be watching Season 4 before ADWD comes out?

Yeah, but then the article says that they'll show 10 episodes and then the rest as late as 2009 :(

I don't have cable, but have been getting the DVD's (still haven't seen season 3)

Are the episodes usually downloadable at Amazon.Com right away, or is there a huge lag?

The lag is usually pretty big. In the US, at least, Season 3 won't have been out until nearly a year after its final episode aired on TV.

1. While I like that Baltar has a shave, this new hairdo makes him look more composed. And we all know Baltar is best when he's a loose cannon, right? Right??

2. I'm viewing random clips of Charlie Brooker on youtube and the first 3 minutes of this clip is about Battlestar. Regretfully (or thankfully?), this seems to be made before the 3rd season got into it's valley of irritation. (he does do a lame parody on Gaius' "multitasking")

Baltar's hairdo is a bit odd, but Lee's is pretty bad. It's heading into mullet territory!

Tyrol's new skinhead look is pretty good though.

I forgot to mentin that there is one big massive spoiler for Season 4 hidden among those pictures. Oops. But it's probably something people could guess was going to happen.

Baltar's hairdo is a bit odd, but Lee's is pretty bad. It's heading into mullet territory!

Tyrol's new skinhead look is pretty good though.

I forgot to mentin that there is one big massive spoiler for Season 4 hidden among those pictures. Oops. But it's probably something people could guess was going to happen.

Thats pretty funny. I didn't even think about that, and I've never read any spoilers for S4 either.

Archived