NFL VII

Space Bandito

I'm saying that as painful to watch as a game with two not great QBs can be, it's a lot more entertaining to watch that than it is to watch a blowout game when I'm not interested in either team. I don't care about the Pats or the Ravens, and I'd rather watch Edwards make stupid nice catches or the Cardinal defense crack down a bit, or watch how good Joe Thomas is. Or watch Adrian Peterson decleat people in a game that means something to both teams in a division.

I can agree with the Peterson example. I watched the Vikings crush the life out of San-Degio and was riveted watching Peterson who is just special.

The Clevland-Arizona game, the game was just bad to watch. 20 some odd flags. A bunch of reviews. Bad offciating all the way around (not biased, just bad). Niether team had a clue on how to stop the run, so the other team did them the favor of not running it. The game had some great highlight reel stuff, but the rest was all bad football. It was sloppy-stupid football by both teams. Even Cribbs (Devin Hester v. AFC) was fumbling away points.

:grouphug: Mex I know your team lost, but you really need to lighten up. Get satelite or something. I watched Jags and Colts/ Giants and Bears/ and a certain Sunday night game yesterday. I was happy enough.

I like any football beyond college.

In other news. I hear Kurt Warner is also old.

I don't even care if the Bengals lose. They're hopeless.

That's not my point and has nothing to do with it. I watched the Giants/Bears and Skins/Bills yesterday on top of the Bengals playing like shit.

I don't agree with you at all. I just don't appreciate you trying to use things I didn't say to make a point against me.

I could care less about bad QB play. It's part of the game. I rather watch a game where 2 teams need the win in order to further their team then one team steamroll another team just because they can. I don't find that entertaining. I like games that come down to the wire where two teams are fighting it out no matter how many mistakes are made. That's football.

There, now you have said them.

he Clevland-Arizona game, the game was just bad to watch. 20 some odd flags. A bunch of reviews.
Maybe I missed all that. I only watched a part of the game, but in that part I watched a great catch by Edwards, about as perfect TE play as you can ever see from Winslow and a good defensive stand by Arizona. It looked fun to me. But that may be sample size.

SB, this is just hypothetically speaking, but hypothetically - I'd rather watch a game between two teams that it actually matters to and that we don't know who will win (seriously, Arizona beat Pitt and Cleveland. what the hell?) than watch a game between a juggernaut and a loser. Even if that juggernaut is Historically Relevant, it's just not that interesting to me. If it's my team I totally get wanting to watch that blowout. But if it's just two randoms, bah.

Not arguing that. I would too. As I said ESPN can't control what games they show. Competitive games are hard to find - just look at my betting record. I don't see NE as an unstoppable Juggernaut. The media builds or tears down as needed. I can also understand with the amount of national games they have had this year that people would be sick of them. Yet (sounding like Easterbrook here) the Networks and the NFL are the ones who deny us quality games. If a certain sports package didn't cost a shit load of cash we could enjoy any game we wanted.

The Clevland-Arizona game, the game was just bad to watch. 20 some odd flags. A bunch of reviews. Bad offciating all the way around (not biased, just bad). Niether team had a clue on how to stop the run, so the other team did them the favor of not running it. The game had some great highlight reel stuff, but the rest was all bad football. It was sloppy-stupid football by both teams. Even Cribbs (Devin Hester v. AFC) was fumbling away points.

I watch my team from start to finish, every week, because it is the only game I truly care about. Other than that, my only criteria is that it be a competitive game. If I have 2 games on at the same time, I watch the one with the undecided outcome (unless there are fantasy implications). Otherwise it lacks the "entertainment" factor that I am seeking.

I watch my team from start to finish, every week, because it is the only game I truly care about. Other than that, my only criteria is that it be a competitive game. If I have 2 games on at the same time, I watch the one with the undecided outcome (unless there are fantasy implications). Otherwise it lacks the "entertainment" factor that I am seeking.

Would you classify the Giants-Bears or Eagles-Seahawks as entertaining? I flipped back and forth the between the game and NFL Networks "The Redzone" (which should be on during both the early and lat games IMHO), just so I could keep track of my fantasy guys.

I really do not know about the other games because I did not see them. Perhaps the Houston-Tennesse game was one for the ages with Sage at the helm. Maybe the Bills-Redskins field goal fest was one that would keep you glued to the screen. Bad football games are not that entertaining for me becuase both teams can't lose. The fact that the game can come down to a last min drive is immaterial if the preceding 59 min were mistake filled trash.

as a falcons fan, i'd like to humbly beseech one of you fine people to please put a bullett in my head...if not, then help me convince petrino to fucking bench warrick dunn, and joey harrington...the season is done anyways. might as well give norwood the opportunity to start carrying the load and give redman the chance to lose of few games so he doesn't feel left out.

on the bright side, roddy white is having a really good year and michael boley is a beast.

as a falcons fan, i'd like to humbly beseech one of you fine people to please put a bullett in my head...if not, then help me convince petrino to fucking bench warrick dunn, and joey harrington...the season is done anyways. might as well give norwood the opportunity to start carrying the load and give redman the chance to lose of few games so he doesn't feel left out.

on the bright side, roddy white is having a really good year and michael boley is a beast.

I feel you DP. White is having a good year and helping my fantasty team so that's a good thing.

I wouldn't mind a bullet myself. The Bengals are one of those teams that has fantastic talent yet none of them play good on the same day. It kills me to watch them week in and week out. So I'm right there with you.

I feel you DP. White is having a good year and helping my fantasty team so that's a good thing.

I wouldn't mind a bullet myself. The Bengals are one of those teams that has fantastic talent yet none of them play good on the same day. It kills me to watch them week in and week out. So I'm right there with you.

:cheers: to us!!

i actually have TJ and chris henry on my team.

I really do not know about the other games because I did not see them. Perhaps the Houston-Tennesse game was one for the ages with Sage at the helm. Maybe the Bills-Redskins field goal fest was one that would keep you glued to the screen. Bad football games are not that entertaining for me becuase both teams can't lose. The fact that the game can come down to a last min drive is immaterial if the preceding 59 min were mistake filled trash.

By your definition every game not involving the Patriots (maybe the Colts, Jaguars, Cowboys are ok too) is shit football. Mortal teams make mistakes. Penalties are called. There's turnovers. There's also the sense every play matters.

Let's face facts here. The Patriots have played two interesting games all year. That's it. The rest were compelling only in the sense that Christians versus lions is compelling. Give me drama over that any day of the week. I'm not looking forward to tonight's game at all. There's a reason the line is 22. The Eagles surprised last week, but I have no illusions about this Ravens team that struggled against the Bengals defense doing the same. If I'm 97% sure of the outcome before the game even starts why should I watch?

I'd prefer to watch Arizona-Cleveland over another outcome-certain Patriots game too (and I know tonight wasn't flexed, this is just for the sake of argument), but the networks don't care about providing good matchups for football fans, they care about getting more Joe Blows to tune in and see big names like Brady and Manning, and big teams like the Patriots and the Cowboys. And I guarantee that Pats-Ravens, or Pats-anybody right now, would get much better ratings nationally than Cards-Browns.

Teams are allowed 6 primetime games per year, and I'm pretty sure the networks have or will max out on Pats and Cowboys and maybe come close on Colts and GB too.

Only two? Don't let a couple scores fool you. I know my fan status will make a few stop reading, but the Chargers game was fun to watch. Shutting down LT all game was awesome. Believe it or not the Browns game was action packed with Braylon Edwards putting on a show. Watching the Dallas game I couldn't touch my popcorn until post game. The Colts game was not clean, but it was emotional. And the Eagles game did not shock me as much as it did some. How many games have other teams played that would be classified as "interesting?"

The media has built up the Patriots. The teams they play against are still NFL teams. Injuries, pride and mistakes can change a game. This is not Baseball.

By your definition every game not involving the Patriots (maybe the Colts, Jaguars, Cowboys are ok too) is shit football. Mortal teams make mistakes. Penalties are called. There's turnovers. There's also the sense every play matters.

Let's face facts here. The Patriots have played two interesting games all year. That's it. The rest were compelling only in the sense that Christians versus lions is compelling. Give me drama over that any day of the week. I'm not looking forward to tonight's game at all. There's a reason the line is 22. The Eagles surprised last week, but I have no illusions about this Ravens team that struggled against the Bengals defense doing the same. If I'm 97% sure of the outcome before the game even starts why should I watch?

I would also say that most of the Vikings, Green Bay, Tampa Bay, Pittsburg, and San Degio games have been fun to watch, in addition Red Skins, Bills and New Orleans have been watchable. I want something to watch, either a decent team with a good coach or a good quarterback, or a special player that alone can be fun to watch. Hey, some of the Bears games have been good to watch just to see Hester.

Perhaps I have a soft spot for conquest but I prefer watching a team that wins the game instead of watching teams lose games. If you want every play matters kinda football, then NFL europa was certainly for you. Games were close, no dominant teams, drama to the finish. For my money, watching throws into double and triple coverages, iodiotic false starts, bad play calling and cover your eyes tackling is dull. Perhaps not knowing who wins is dull, not caring who wins is wretched.

Only two? Don't let a couple scores fool you. I know my fan status will make a few stop reading, but the Chargers game was fun to watch. Shutting down LT all game was awesome. Believe it or not the Browns game was action packed with Braylon Edwards putting on a show. Watching the Dallas game I couldn't touch my popcorn until post game. The Colts game was not clean, but it was emotional. And the Eagles game did not shock me as much as it did some. How many games have other teams played that would be classified as "interesting?"

I'd still say only two games made for interesting theater to someone without a rooting interest. If you're looking at well-played games, there's far more than two.

Heh, if I was a Pats fan, I'm sure I'd be having loads of fun this season. :) As it is, it's kinda .. dull. It's like the antithesis of college FB this year, the outcome seems so certain, feels like we're just going through the motions. In a peripheral way, the predictable Lions spiral is sort of amusing for personal reasons, haha. As for the Bears, you know, there's nothing much to do but think about next year, doh!

ETA: I don't have the Pats hate to tune in each week and root for them to lose, so that angle of interest isn't working for me either, hehe.

I'd prefer to watch Arizona-Cleveland over another outcome-certain Patriots game too (and I know tonight wasn't flexed, this is just for the sake of argument), but the networks don't care about providing good matchups for football fans, they care about getting more Joe Blows to tune in and see big names like Brady and Manning, and big teams like the Patriots and the Cowboys. And I guarantee that Pats-Ravens, or Pats-anybody right now, would get much better ratings nationally than Cards-Browns.

Teams are allowed 6 primetime games per year, and I'm pretty sure the networks have or will max out on Pats and Cowboys and maybe come close on Colts and GB too.

I think the steelers will max it as well.

Would you classify the Giants-Bears or Eagles-Seahawks as entertaining? I flipped back and forth the between the game and NFL Networks "The Redzone" (which should be on during both the early and lat games IMHO), just so I could keep track of my fantasy guys.

The oh so humble Patriots fan. They are a dime a dozen these days. How quickly you guys have forgotten your storied history... or were you a fan then?

I'm a huge football fan- college and pro both. I bleed orange and scarlet (as a NE Ohio native), and rarely miss a game. As a Browns fan, I have seen a lot of bad football, but that never stopped me from watching the game in it's entirety. That being said, I watch a lot of other teams play as well, simply because I love the game. I can't get enough of it. I watch "other" games for more than just the level of quality being played though. I may want to evaluate a rookie that I like, or maybe see a QB throw his 300th TD, or maybe I want to see if the Pats can go undefeated and the Phins defeated.

I'll watch half of any game- but if it is 38-7 at that point, I'm gonna be surfing for a better game, even if it's the 7-7 Niners/Jets match-up. It's better than watching the blow-out. If it's the only game on, I'll check back in an hour to see if there has been a rally. Otherwise- it's not entertaining unless I'm glued to a storyline of interest or else it's the Clowns. Christ! we have won seven games- and we still have 4 more left to play! I guess I just love bad football.

Last week, everybody was taking the opportunity to make an analogy of their favorite football team to what a woman would be like on a date.

This week, I am trying to figure out how to return to that theme as a Ravens fan, knowing they are about to play the Patriots tonight. It's like knowing there is about to be a serious beating and being powerless to stop it. She's going to come home with a black eye and I wish there was something I could do, but all I can do is say, "Hey, baby, I still love you anyway."

But I'd love her a lot more if she could score.

Archived