NFL VII

Space Bandito

If the Ravens want to have any chance, they need to cut out the fucking penalties. None of these have been questionable calls.

The Ravens haven't been able to cut out the penalties for about three seasons now. You get kind of used to it.

Maybe we'll at least give the spread a run for its money.

Only two? Don't let a couple scores fool you. I know my fan status will make a few stop reading, but the Chargers game was fun to watch. Shutting down LT all game was awesome. Believe it or not the Browns game was action packed with Braylon Edwards putting on a show. Watching the Dallas game I couldn't touch my popcorn until post game. The Colts game was not clean, but it was emotional. And the Eagles game did not shock me as much as it did some. How many games have other teams played that would be classified as "interesting?"

The media has built up the Patriots. The teams they play against are still NFL teams. Injuries, pride and mistakes can change a game. This is not Baseball.

And the Jets game was fun to watch because that was Randy Moss' coming out party.

Cheering for the Ravens here! I don't like the Patriots, but the only team with a perfect record should be the 1972 Miami Dolphins!!!

Course, odds are the Dolphins will have another "perfect" season, but on the other end. So, law of averages, it all works out.

:unsure:

Cheering for the Ravens here! I don't like the Patriots, but the only team with a perfect record should be the 1972 Miami Dolphins!!!

Course, odds are the Dolphins will have another "perfect" season, but on the other end. So, law of averages, it all works out.

:unsure:

Conversely, the 72 Dolphins are the only reason I'm kind of supporting the Patriots (whom I dislike in general) right now.

Conversely, the 72 Dolphins are the only reason I'm kind of supporting the Patriots (whom I dislike in general) right now.

Having Shula in the booth rooting on the Ravens is laying it on kinda thick. I'd rather they just call this game straight up.

Though, in light of the earlier argument, it has to be said: anyone still think this game shouldn't be on national television? :P

Having Shula in the booth rooting on the Ravens is laying it on kinda thick. I'd rather they just call this game straight up.

Though, in light of the earlier argument, it has to be said: anyone still think this game shouldn't be on national television? :P

Haha. I think I've lucked out, actually; no ESPN, so I'm following the GameCast, and Matt Mosely's blog on ESPN.com. Is Shula really in the booth? Fucker.

At least there is a pretense for why Shula would be in there. I mean, he was the head coach of the old Colts for a number of seasons, so he has a little connection to Baltimore.

Besides, there's no way he could have been there expecting the Ravens to win ahead of time. With a spread of 20 points, he might as well have just stayed home.

If I was the Ravens I would have declined the penalty and stuck to the loss of down just there. But meh. This game is interesting.

Archived