The NFL Super Bowl and Stuffs Thread

Young Wolf

Continuing on with the NFL coverage:

Chargers fans...are you ready for this?

[url="http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ApdrpzeMBSxOBgcChvUYYRA5nYcB?slug=ap-chargers-tomlinsonsfuture&prov=ap&type=lgns"]Tomlinson's Future with the Chargers In Doubt?[/url]

[quote]The San Diego Chargers appear to be bracing their fans for the possibility that LaDainian Tomlinson’s brilliant eight-year run with the team could be over.

According to the team’s Web site, club president Dean Spanos called the star running back Thursday to discuss reports that the Chargers might part with Tomlinson, who has been slowed by injuries the last two postseasons and will count $8.8 million against the salary cap next year.[/quote]

Im giddy with excitement over this if it happens.

Just saw on ESPN that the Bucs fired Gruden and their GM. Not too surprised by this, he has been on borrowed time these last couple years.

[url="http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/01/16/tampa-bay-buccaneers-fire-jon-gruden/"]added a link to the story [/url]

The more I think about this, the more I am convinced that Gruden was collateral damage for Allen's mistakes. I look at that offense and there isn't anyone on it whom they'd drafted who I want for my team. They've spent a bunch of early picks on OL and I don't really get the sense they've got one of the better lines in the league.

Pretty surprised by Gruden's firing. Yes, this year's collapse was ugly, but I agree with Bronn, that the fault is more the personnel than him. Infact they've been absolutely atrocious at drafting offensive players. Clayton was a bust. Cadillac was an incredible reach and an injury risk even at the time he was drafted. Did Dexter Jackson do [i]anything[/i] this season? Simms might've been okay but now it looks we'll never know (although Gruden badly mishandled this). The only guys that have worked are veteran retreads: Garcia, Galloway, Bryant...which means they [i]still[/i] have no offensive future to look towards. Maybe that's why Gruden lost his job along with Allen...they're blowing the whole thing up.

Now with him, Shanahan and Cowher, all Superbowl winning QBs out there, think all unestablished coaches have to feel uncomfortable. I know Zorn's going to be looking over his shoulder. Wade Phillips is on borrowed time. Jets are probably flirting with [i]every[/i] pretty girl at the party hoping one goes home with them.

Also raises the question why the hell the Vikings are bringing back Childress? [i]Any[/i] of those three guys would make them an instant superbowl contender in my view.

I eagerly await the the battle that is soon to commence. Blood will be shed, bones will be shattered, tears will be spilt, songs will be sung, and beer will be consumed in vast quantities. :drool:

Does that make me evil?...yes. :devil:

GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE KING IN THE (AFC) NORTH!!!!

:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

The snow is pourin in the 'burgh. And the taint-stranglin Ravens are gonna get liverfucked by the soon to be 6 time Super Bowl champs.

... and for all of you who don't recognize, Rongstraname has no more owie in his headspot. Smirre!

[quote name='Brude' post='1653101' date='Jan 18 2009, 12.00']Aren't ya all excited!!??[/quote]
Think these match-ups are both pretty intriguing, and I'd love to watch, but sadly I'll be running camps all day long. :unsure:

Well, these Cardinals are starting to look like world-beaters. I wonder if it's like the Ravens in 2001 when nobody realized just how unbeatable they were until it was too late.

I am shocked at how bad the Cardinals are making the Eagles defense look. They're not even coming close to disrupting 'em. Cardinals are doing everything they want to do.

And on cue, Fitzgerald scores [i]another[/i] TD. Leave 'em alone Larry!

[quote name='Young Wolf' post='1653240' date='Jan 18 2009, 16.16']Is this team the new Rams ala Greatest Show on Turf?

Cards are looking fierce.[/quote]

They are and I'm loving every minute of it. I love rooting for the underdogs!

[quote name='Young Wolf' post='1653240' date='Jan 18 2009, 16.16']Is this team the new Rams ala Greatest Show on Turf?[/quote]

This offense isn't as varied as that one. The most important part of the Greatest Show on Turf was Marshall Faulk and these Cardinals have nothing that approaches what he brought to the table. Warner's older and the O-line isn't as dominant.

But the one thing you can say about these Cardinals is that Holt at his peak wasn't as good as Fitzgerald is right now.

Archived