Heroes

superkick

The old Heroes thread is 10 posts from 400, so a new one makes sense. And I'll tune in tomorrow or the next day no doubt to rip on the show, because I predict it will suck every bit as much as it has since season 2 began. I have no expectations whatsoever for this PoS.

And still I watch.

[quote name='superkick' post='1670975' date='Feb 2 2009, 14.56']apparently they got rid of alot of the people responsible for the downward spiral the series is in..which was why im curious to see if such a chnage is going to make any difference.[/quote]

They did, but not until after episode 17 or 18 was filmed, so we still have a way to go under the old creative team before we see the results of Bryan Fuller's return. Mark Verheiden came over from [b]BSG[/b] earlier but although a good writer (he wrote last week's excellent episode) he's not enough to save the show by himself.

[quote name='Character Zero' post='1670982' date='Feb 2 2009, 09.59']It's not a new season, still season 3.[/quote]

What are you talking about? It only lasted one season, then it was canceled. :pirate:

[quote name='G'Kar' post='1671016' date='Feb 2 2009, 10.32']What are you talking about? It only lasted one season, then it was canceled. :pirate:[/quote]
What? Now you're just confusing me.

[url="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0813715/episodes#season-3"]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0813715/episodes#season-3[/url]

What he means is that after the first season, Heroes quickly aborted any shred of quality it had, and dove into a massive, exaggerated shit-pool of stink, and then sort of wallowed there, making itself real comfy and all. The overturn of anything that could be termed watchable by anyone but the most hardcore, dedicated, and most importantly, bored genre addict has offered a very convincing lean to the theory that the writers of season one were assassinated and replaced by doppelgangers from the same covert group that had agents replace Harrison Ford, Robert De Niro and Edward Norton.

See the [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?act=boardrules"]Board FAQ[/url] regarding one-liners and the like, folks. Try to contribute to discussions, not just quote someone else and then say, "I agree."

[quote name='Ran' post='1671293' date='Feb 2 2009, 12.50']See the [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?act=boardrules"]Board FAQ[/url] regarding one-liners and the like, folks. Try to contribute to discussions, not just quote someone else and then say, "I agree."[/quote]
:agree:

/ducks

Oh all right....

This is still season three, but volume 4.

While I doubt Heroes can win me back at this point I'll probably tune into tonight's episode to see if anything improves with the new chapter. Inevitably when tonight's episode sucks I'll try tuning in again when Brian Fuller returns to the show. Even though I like Fuller's other work, I have little faith he can save this sinking ship.

Why I keep giving Heroes so many chances to get good is really beyond me. Maybe it's because I want a live action superhero show on TV that's not Smallville.

[quote name='Ran' post='1671293' date='Feb 2 2009, 14.50']See the [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?act=boardrules"]Board FAQ[/url] regarding one-liners and the like, folks. Try to contribute to discussions, not just quote someone else and then say, "I agree."[/quote]

I agree!

[quote name='Myrddin' post='1671314' date='Feb 2 2009, 15.01']:agree:

/ducks

Oh all right....

This is still season three, but volume 4.[/quote]
Dammit, you beat me to it.

I'm really disappointed. I, like EHK, will probably watch it...but (and I'm gonna get reamed out for this one) I'm totally watching The Bachelor tonight and DVRing it, and watching it on my own time. I just couldn't get into the last volume, and I was one of the defenders of Season 2. It's still mindless entertainment..but ehhh.

I'll be watching it at some point tonight. I think I will enjoy the new Hiro and Ando thread. It will be interesting to see how Hiro takes being the sidekick.

At the end of the last series I really enjoyed the cameo by Seth Green. I doubt he'll be back though.

So in this series the Government is going to round up all the heroes and lock them up together. Sounds like a good place for Peter to get too many powers that they'll have to nerf at some point, or a great buffet for Syler.

[quote name='Arlington Bill' post='1671485' date='Feb 2 2009, 17.20']I'll be watching it at some point tonight. I think I will enjoy the new Hiro and Ando thread. It will be interesting to see how Hiro takes being the sidekick.

At the end of the last series I really enjoyed the cameo by Seth Green. I doubt he'll be back though.

So in this series the Government is going to round up all the heroes and lock them up together. Sounds like a good place for Peter to get too many powers that they'll have to nerf at some point, or a great buffet for Syler.[/quote]

sounds like a good place to develop lots more plot holes...

I'd stopped watching Heroes by the time the last run of episodes ended. I think I gave it four or so episodes the last time. Whatever happened to villain Marlo? I hope he got to do something cool before Sylar ate his brain. Or is he still at large?

Anyway, I'm probably going to try to tune back in, just in case they manage to turn things around. Hope springs eternal, I guess.

Promos from the Super Bowl last night didn't look too bad, actually. Haven't we been waiting since the show started to get a giant, planned teamup of all of the characters? I think we have. Maybe it won't suck now that we finally get it.

[quote name='superkick' post='1671679' date='Feb 2 2009, 21.11']music from fallout 3 is pretty funny though[/quote]

Yeah, that was my first thought too. :thumbsup:

Why am I watching this show that doesn't exist anymore?

Edit: Just noticed my insightful post from earlier was deleted. Supressionist thugs!

I'm utterly confused, as I have missed the vast majority of season 3, but I like that head bounty hunter guy. He was really good in OZ. Has he showed up before, and does he have powers (I'm assuming so as he is still walking after being clobbered by a taxi door)?

Archived