Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Jaime Lannister

About Yea High

Found this on my daily jaunt of You Tube.

I think our Kingslayer is gonna be a

(Much love for Jeff Buckley on guitar, too)

ETA: Not Suitable For Work - if your boss hates the sight of men gurgling up blood.

When is this film 'Shadow of the Sword' coming out?

I've had a thing for NCW since I saw Wimbledon on a flight and thought- "forget Paul Bettany (who I love), whose the guy who plays his friend!" I'm very happy he's playing Jaime. He wasn't my first choice because of his accent, but he was my second chioice because I don't care if he has an accent. Yeah, he's gonna be a heartbreaker in GoT, despite the squirmworthy incest.

It first i didn´t like it. Because I am danish and I kind of knew him from different places. It just seemed wrong to take someone well known and pin them into the SoIaF- universe. An I never really saw him as a prettyboy either. Handsome enough, but not on a Jaime´ish level.

But now that I have had a little time to get used to the idea, I think he will be great.

When is this film 'Shadow of the Sword' coming out?

I've had a thing for NCW since I saw Wimbledon on a flight and thought- "forget Paul Bettany (who I love), whose the guy who plays his friend!" I'm very happy he's playing Jaime. He wasn't my first choice because of his accent, but he was my second chioice because I don't care if he has an accent. Yeah, he's gonna be a heartbreaker in GoT, despite the squirmworthy incest.

Evidently it's been out since about 2006. AKA the Headsman. You could rent it on Netflix.

Evidently it's been out since about 2006. AKA the Headsman. You could rent it on Netflix.

I always thought that NCW would have been a good Ned. Seeing this, I think he would have been a GREAT Ned. And the actress who co-starred with him in this film would have made a fine Catelyn to his Ned.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, never understood why people were so adamantly against his nose. It's a very minor detail, and it's not exactly shocking to imagine a knight like Jaime might have had his nose broken a time or six over the course of his career. Certainly, Brienne has had her nose broken multiple times, and she's ... what, 19 or so?

In any case, nice interview, he seems a pretty down to earth fellow (when not taking hash cookies).

I think there were like 3 people on WiC complaining about his nose. The vast majority were fine with it. A lot of comments like, "well, I guess it's a little wide/crooked, but who cares; I could only dream of being as good looking as him." And as has been said, the guy's playing a knight whose been in multiple battles and countless tourneys in his life, not to mention the ever present chance of an accident in his daily training routine. People in that kind of life break bones, and even so it's not something I would have ever focused on if it hadn't been mentioned, probably.

I think there were like 3 people on WiC complaining about his nose. The vast majority were fine with it.

Its just amusing that its come up a couple of times in interviews (which almost ensures that it will come up again) because of such a few comments.

On that note, WiC needs to take a scythe to some of those comments about Lena Headey's pregnancy, some of which are pretty barf-worthy. As we keep being reminded, people from the production are reading those comments, and some of them are pretty unpleasent :sick:

Why would anyone make negative comments about Lena Heady being pregnant? She'll give birth before they start up production and she's a pretty physically active person, so she'll bounce back close to pre-pregnance weight faster than a blink. But a little roundness would look good on her too.

People who may be totally nice in person can be such asses online. Sure, actors should be able to deal with some criticism (constructive is better to deal with), but to think it doesn't affect them at all...

I really had my heart set on Philip Winchester as Jaime. NCW is more rugged than pretty, but I trust the casting dept. We just have to wait and see...

Winchester was my first choice and NCW my second, and tbh if you look at their picts next to eachother they look like brothers (11 years apart). NCW is a more experienced film and TV actor, but Winchester has stage cred along with his film and TV work.

Really, they look alike.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2058392064/nm0934618

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3341978368/nm0182666

Archived