Your Kingsguard, Hand of the King, and Small Council

Carter209

King: Stannis from House Baratheon, First of this name etc. etc.

Queen: I don't know. If Selyse will die, maybe he should marry - for example - Arianne Martell, but it is... problematic. Who will agree for this marriage? Sansa is too young, he would'nt want any Lannister, Melisandre is priestess and I don't want Queen Melisandre... I don't know, really.

Hand: Davos Seaworth

Master of Coin: Someone from Braavos or this Garth from Tyrells.

Master of Whispers: hmm, it will be difficult. Littlefinger probably ends on the rope with Varys... Oyburn too. I don't know.

Master of Ships:

Master of Laws:

Grand Maester: Maester Pylos

High Septon: Someone who would disarme... Birds. Meribald is only good septon, who we know, but I am not sure he would want become High Septon.

Kingsguard:

LC Barristan Selmy

Blackfish, Areo (after Doran dies, he needs a new job), Loras (after losing his prettiness and becoming a BAMF)

Lord Commander of Night's Watch: Jon Snow

Maester at the Wall: Samwell Tarly

Stark in Winterfell: Rickon Stark with Shaggydog.

Casterly Rock:

Highgarden: Willas Tyrell

Dorne: Trystane and Myrcella Martells, after deaths of princes and princess.

Stormlands: son of the king, Crown Prince

Dragonstone: Shireen Baratheon with some husband, I don't know who.

The Vale: Bronze Yohn Royce

Riverrun: Edmure Tully

Iron Islands: Asha Greyjoy or Victarion Greyjoy or someone new.

Edit: thank You, Stannis The Just.

If you legitimize Edric Storm, thus Edric Baratheon, son of King Robert have stronger claim to the Iron throne than Stannis.

Shireen and Edric are too related in blood.

Shireen should be married to the most reliable family.

Greyjoys have defied the throne for the second time and must pay for it by losing their claim forever.

That creation of abomination named Tommen Hill shouldnt be considered fit to rule. He's a bastard. Lannister family should be replaced by Justin Massey.

Tyrion Lannister is a kinslayer and should be send to the Wall or executed.

Small Council:

Hand of the King - Doran Martell (assuming he's healthy)

Master of Coin - Illyrio Mopatis

Master of Ships - Davos Seaworth

Master of Whisperers - Tyrion Lannister

Master of Laws - Eddard Stark

Grand Maestar - Maestar Luwin

Kingsguard:

Lord Commander - Ser Barristan Selmy

Loras Tyrell

Brynden Tully

Brienne of Tarth

Jorah Mormont

Addam Marbrand

Strong Belwas

• 2 months later...

Using the "alive at start of AGOT" criteria: (also, only using people present in Westeros at that time)

Queen Consort: Arianne Martell (the only option that would be age appropriate for me, though perhaps not my first choice)

Hand of the King: Eddard Stark

Grand Maester: Luwin

Master of Coin: Alyse Ladybright

Master of Laws: Kevan Lannister

Master of Ships: Stannis Baratheon

Master of Whisperers: Varys (so long as I rule justly, I believe he would remain loyal - I genuinely believe that he endeavors to "serve the realm")

Commander of the City Watch: Jacelyn Bywater

Kingsguard

Barristan Selmy, Lord Commander

Arys Oakheart

Syrio Forell

Areo Hotah

Balon Swann

Brienne Tarth

Loras Tyrell

Using only people alive at the end of ADWD: (again, using only people present in Westeros at that time)

Queen Consort: Arianne Martell

Hand of the King: Brynden Tully

Grand Maester: Marwyn

Lord Treasurer: Tyrion Lannister

Justiciar: Greatjon Umber

Grand Admiral: Asha Greyjoy

Lady of Intelligence: Olenna Redwyne

Commander of the City Watch: Gendry Waters (I realize he's never actually been given a surname in the books, but he is from the Crownlands)

Kingsguard

Barristan Selmy, Lord Commander

Areo Hotah

Thoros of Myr

Arys Oakheart

Balon Swann

Brienne Tarth

Loras Tyrell

Under both of those councils, the Most Devout would be allowed to choose the High Septon without any royal interference, but the High Septon would be asked to vacate the Great Sept of Baelor and return to the Faith of the Seven's historical seat at the Starry Sept in Oldtown. A major ecological effort would be undertaken to return weirwoods and godswoods to the southern regions of Westeros, starting with King's Landing and the Crownlands.

Well, this looks fun. Here's mine, then.

King: Stannis Baratheon

Queen: Danaerys Targaryen

Hand of the King: Davos Seaworth

Master of Laws: Eddard Stark

Master of Coin: Tyrion Lannister (Littlefinger is, as many have mentioned, untrustworthy and would stab everyone in the back silently.)

Grand Maester: Maester Luwin

Master of Ships: Salladhor Saan

Master of Whispers: Varys (There's no one good enough to replace him, except perhaps Melissandre and her fire visions.)

High Septon: Meribald

King's Justice: Sandor Clegane

Lord Commander of the Night's Watch: Jon Snow

Kingsguard:

Barristan Selmy (Lord Commander)

Areo Hotah

Brynden Tully

Jamie Lannister

Garlan Tyrell

Brienne of Tarth

Loras Tyrell

I'd have Oberyn Martell as Kingsguard, but he wouldn't rennounce to his constant sexual activities.

Alright. There are several things I'd have to take into account. If someone is a Man of the Nights Watch he could not be apart of my anything. I don't think Jon will ever leave the nights watch, Ned raised him as too honorable and once all the fighting is done he'd really have no reason.

King(Queen)sguard. Well, I would probably get rid of the whole celibacy and no marriage whatnot, and maybe even expand it. Not too sure, but I would have think about all that politics crap while choosing them and my small council. I don't want to offend people, I don't want someone who would try and usurp me and I don't want someone who doesn't want to be there. (Example; Eddard didn't want it, even though he is now dead, so i wouldn't want him anyways)

Queen: Moi

King: ...

Council Members

Hand: Tyrion Lannister, when all is said and done, hoping that he makes it though alive, he would be great at it. He's battle seasoned, cunning, smart, from a powerful family (though after the war the Lannisters would have no more power, I'd give their seat to someone else...)

Maester of coin: I'd appoint a Tyrell, Lady Olenna?

Maester of Whispers: I'd like to plant a bunch of weirwoods and have Bran in this position! But I'd probably need someone more substantial, maybe someone from Dorne.

Grand Maester: I'd Probably pick a random Maester from the citadel. Or meet bunch of them and then choose, someone who's never been involved before but is well learned, and maybe even from a relativity powerful family which would make that family happy.

Maester of Ships: Davos Seaworth, only person who comes to mind, certainly not a Greyjoy.

Maester of Law: Stannis Baratheon would be a good choice if he didn't want the throne himself. Another choice would be someone like Eddard Stark, someone who is loyal, or maybe someone from a very minor family. Hm, difficult decision.

High Septon: To make the realm happy; I believe in the old gods. Someone like Meribald, though not him because he'd rather wander the realm. Like the Grand Maester I'd want someone who was not involved before but who hopefully would understand and be willing to take the job. Also, no arming of the faith!

Queen's Justice: I'd keep Ilyn Payne, he did a good job >.<

Queensguard:

Brynden Tully (LC)

Loras Tyrell

Sandor Clegane

And since everything is about politics I'd need someone to represent the Vale Of Arryn, though I can't think of any good fighters, any ideas?

Barristan Selmy

Balon Swann

Someone from the North, maybe Greatjon... suggestions for a northern man?

(It's been so long since I last read the books, currently rereading GoT, I can't remember who's dead and alive, or hurt and everything! Jeez, there's so much going on!)

Added some titles that I made up myself and that I would probably add if I were king. And I've also taken those that I think could possibly be brought together in a realistic fashion if I were king at the start of A Game of Thrones and I'll pretend that Robert Baratheon somehow wouldn't exist, otherwise I would probably find a place for him. Although I'll agree that some of them area pretty much based on wishful thinking.

Some of the basic stuff in here is that I wouldn't want to tie myself to strong to a single House, and that's one of the reasons to why I would give the Baratheons much influence as I hope that I could use them to somewhat counter the Lannister influence at court. Also I'd be more inclined to use other Houses than the Great Houses when possible as they wouldn't be the same political problem for me as the Great Houses could be. Even so I'm a bit concerned that House Lannister, which I love and adore, may have been given a little to much influence.

EDITED: Potentially I'd switch Brynden Tully and Balon Swann to make use of the Blackfish's disdain for the Lannisters to act against to much Lannister influence

King: Me, of course. :drunk: of House Sassarp

Why the hell would I want someone else to be king?

Queen: Cersei Sassarp

I guess I'd to it to win Tywin over and make sure I'd rule in peace but I'd doubt that I'd manage to earn Cersei's hatred the same way that Robert managed it even if I probably wouldn't win her love. I would have to keep and eye on her and the look of the children coming out...

Hand of the King: Tywin Lannister

Because he's the best one around for the job

Small Council

Master of Ship: Paxter Redwyne

He seems to have some experience with it and I don't want to collect to much power in the hands of someone who isn't me and therefore Stannis can't be both

Master of Laws: Stannis Baratheon

I think Stannis s the guy to go to and I think that he'd be very reliable

Master of Coin and Whispers: Tyrion Lannister

Untill I found some replacements Tyrion would get to do both, but afterwards he would only be one of them. Problem is that Varys and Tyrion seems to be the only ones worth their salts and I wouldn't let Varys keep his head

Grand Maester: Pycelle

I would really like someone else but I don't think that I could remove him

Royal officials and Courtiers

King's Justice: Sandor Clegane

I think he's intimidating enough and with the right kind of loyalty for this job

Scourge of the King: Merwyn Trant

I need someone who can do my dirty work and Merwyn Trant seem like the kind of guy that could do it for me

Lord Commander of the Gold Cloaks: Jacelyn Waters

He seems to have done pretty well under Tyrion so I don't doubt that he would do pretty well under me as well

Captain of the Royal Household Guard: Balon Swann

He seems like a reliable sort to me and he seems to have shown some talent during the Battle of the Blackwater

Tutors of the Royal Children: Davos Seaworth and Septa Mordane

They need good people around them when they grow up and I think that Davos and Mordane would be able to help me raise them very well

Shield of the Royal Children: Brienne of Tarth

Someone who they can be entrusted to and who would have some good influence on them, and so Brienne it is!

Companions for the Royal Children: Robert Arryn (if I could force him away from Lysa), Edric Storm (yes I know it gets strange with Robert supposedly not existing...), Shireen Baratheon, Bran Stark and a bunch of other children from the high nobility from across Westeros

I think it would only be good if children from across Westeros could bond together to form a future basic for understandinig and hopefully build friendships between the royal children and other noble children. The downside is of course that there could develop enemity but that's a risk I'd be willing to take

High Septon of the Seven: Septon "Elder Brother"

He seems like a humble, honest and impotent figure. Perfect for the highest spiritual position in my realm then

High Priest(ess) of the Lord of Light: Melisandre

Because she's awesome!

Ceremonial Master: Renly Baratheon

I know for a fact that I am not social enough to win people over like that but if I can make Renly do some of the work for me that would be great. Its no doubt a risk to give a guy like him power but I'm feeling pretty secure in that he'd be unable to start to much problem for me, but I would be certain to keep an eye on him - or rather have Tyrion keep some eyes on him.

Kingsguard (expanded to have nine members, unless ser Barristan Selmy would object very much to it, so that one person from each of the regions of Westeros could be added)

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: Barristan Selmy (Stormlands)

This gives more or less shines with traditional Kingsguard virtue and has a name like few others. His position as Lord Commander is a given one

Ser Harras Harlaw (Iron Islands)

While there arn't many candidates from the Iron Islands this guys stands out fo the sheer ammount of balls and so he's going to represent the Ironborn in my Kingsguard as he's a knight. The fact that he accepted the lordship down in the Reach that Euron gav him tells me that he'd perhaps be willing to part with Ten Towers in return for some other form of honor, but I could of course be wrong

Ser Brynden Tully (Riverlands)

He's very competent and dislikes the Lannisters, which could be good so that I could use him as a kind of counter-balance to Lannister influence even if he's part of the Kingsguard

Ser Jaime Lannister (Westerlands)

I'd guess that I wouldn't have much choice in this regard. But in other cases I would be more interesting in releasing Jaime from his oaths and take in Lyle Crackhall. I thought about Addam Marbrand but since he's the heir to Ashmark I thought that I'd pass him over

Ser Aerys Oakheart (Reach)

I kind of liked the guy despite his flaws and as far as I could tell he did make an effort to be a proper Kingsguard so I'll probably keep him to represent the Reach

Ser Mandon Moore (the Vale)

Jaime says that he's a good warrior and he surely seemed like one at the Blackwater so I'd have him. And if he was loyal to Joffrey I have no problem to think that he'd stay loyal also to me

Ser Gerris Drinkwater (Dorne)

I don't know to much about the Dornish to be honest but he's a knight, don't get on my nerves like Oberyn and in the competition between him and Archibal Yronwood Gerris came out on top even if it was a close one

Ser Jaremy Rykker (Crownlands)

To be honest I didn't find anyone at all who impressed me very much from the Crownlands. I thought a little about Alister Thorne but decided on Rykker. I mean he got made First Ranger and that should mean that he's good at something, right? The thought is naturally that instead of sending him off to the Wall I would let him make an oath to me after the fall of the dragons

Ser Jory Cassel (North)

There was a bit of a shortage of knights from the North but I think that Jory Cassel would be a dependable sort of guy and that he'd also work a little in countering Lannister influence at court, even while he's in the Kingsguard. I feel a little bad about potentially taking away Rodrick Cassel's heir but I'd hope that it won't crash to much for him. There are after all not alot of knights in the North.

Hand of the King - Tyrion Lannister (cunning, but not without integrity)

Small Council:

Master of Coin - Tywin Lannister (dude's got pecuniary connections)

Master of Ships - Victarion Greyjoy (Stannis may have beaten him once, but Stannis is more of a classic middle-child crybaby than Victarion)

Master of Whispers - Varys (dude's like the CIA and KGB combined)

Justicar - Ned Stark (just, honorable, willing to "swing the sword himself")

Grand Maester - Maester Aemon (declined the chance to rule to serve as a maester instead, so you know he is trustworthy)

Kingsguard Lord Commander - Barristan the Bold (maybe not the best fighter alive - although he can still hold his own against anyone - but the Lord Commander must be an inspiring leader)

King - Stannis Baratheon (The one and only heir and king)

Hand of The King - Renly Baratheon (very charismatic, balance Stannis' flaws)

Master of Ships - Paxter Redwyne

Master of Laws - Ned Stark

Master of Coin - Petyr Baelish

Master of Whispers - Qyburn

Grand Maester - was never a role filled by anyone but the conclave, so they pick

Kingsguard

Commander - Barristan Selmy

Others - Jaime Lannister

- Balon Swann

- Aeyrs Oakheart

- Loras Tyrell

- Sandor Clegane

- Gerold Darkstar

Wardens

West - Tywin Lannister

North - Robb Stark

South - Garlan Tyrell

East - Brynden Tully

King's Justice - Ilyn Payne

Master of Arms - Addam Marbrand

Hand of the King: Baelor Hightower

Master of Ships: Paxter redwyne

Master of Coin: Garth the Gross

Master of Laws:Randall Tarly

Master of Whisperers:Davos Seaworth

Grand Maester: Maester Luwin

LC of Kingsguard: Bronze Yohn Royce

Ser Illyn Payne

Ser Loras Tyrell

Ser Brynden Tully

Ser Rolland Storm

Ser Beric Dondorian

Ser Barristan Selmy

Kings Justice: Ser Lyn Corbary

Master of Arms: Strong Sam Stone

Margaery Tyrell for Queen

Small Council

Hand of the King Tyrion Lannister.

Master of Laws- Ned

Master of Prophecies (a new council position) Moggoro. He will be responsible for delivering prophecies to the council or the King.

Master of Coin: Garth Tyrell

Master of Navy: Stannis.

Grand Maester: Aemon

Master of Whispers: Manderlay

Master of Arms and commander of the Gold Cloaks: Brynden Tully. He gives advice in military matters and as a member of the small council his voice might also be heard on other issues but he also commands the city watch.

Kingsguard: Barristan the Bold as lord commander

Areo Hotah

Balon Swann

Addam Marbrand

Jory Cassel

Brienne of Tarth

High Septon: Septon Maribald

Ser Jory Cassel (North)

There was a bit of a shortage of knights from the North [...]

That's due to knighthood being tied inextricably with the Faith of the Seven. Since very few Northeners outside of House Manderly are adherents of the Seven, very few are ever in a position to be knighted.

What I would choose would depend on the situation...

Assuming that I'm King Henryris 1st of his name, yada, yada, yada. Who conquered Westeros again, and the realm is at peace.

Queen: Dany (she's hot and HAS DRAGONS - maybe I could ride Rhaeghal?)

Hand: Doran Martell - cautious and calculating, an ideal balance for Dany and myself.

Master of Ships: Davos - no need to explain.

Master of Coin: Littlefinger. I'd go with Tyrion, butI doubt my wife would like a Lannister on the SC.

Master of Whisperers: Oberyn Martell - anybody who says the wrong thing dies mysteriously.

My KG:

Barristan Selmy - LC

The GreatJon

Brienne

Robar Royce

Aero Hotah

Strong Belwas

Lora's Tyrell

Also, King Henryris hereby creates a new position -

Special Projects - Sandor Clegane

Under different circumstances, my answers would definitely change.

Special Projects

That's due to knighthood being tied inextricably with the Faith of the Seven. Since very few Northeners outside of House Manderly are adherents of the Seven, very few are ever in a position to be knighted.

Yeah I kind of figured. I looked at the Tallharts as well but I didn't think that the head of the family woule be interested in leaving his House, the kid didn't impress me much and there weren't an of note from House Manderly for me to pick.

PrinceHenryris: Why do you have a bunch of people in the Kingsguard who arn't knights? I know alot of other people also have it but I don't understand the point. And do you really expect the Greatjon to leave his position as head of House Umber to be a bodyguard down in King's Landing? I know I'm a bit picky but several times that I've seen it its annoyed me.

Queen: Either Dany or Sansa

Hand: Tyrion Lannister

Master of Ships: Davos

Master of Laws: Tywin

Master of Arms: Ned

Master of Coin: Littlefinger.

Master of Whisperers: This one's hard but I would probably have to choose Varys because he knows so much, I'd just keep a hundred or so guards with him to keep him in line.

Lord Commander of the Gold Cloaks: Brynden Tully

Grand Maester: Aemon

My Kingsguard

Barristan Selmy would be Lord Commander

Jon Snow

Jaime Lannister (I'd have to make sure he doesn't kill me)

Jorah Mormont

Areo Hotah

The Hound

Lora's Tyrell

King: Rhaegar Targaryen, Meant to be king

Queen:Daenyerys, Meant to be Queen

Hand:Tywin Lannister, Smart, capable and unfailing

Grand Maester:Aemon, Wisest of all

Master of Laws:Stannis Baratheon, Has the greatest sence of honor and duty and enforces laws without mercy

Master of Ships:Victorian Greyjoy, Most capable and keeps greyjoys loyal

Master of Coin:Littlefinger, Best at breeding gold

Master of Wispers:Varys, Best at job.

Commander of Kingsguard:Baristan Semly, Loyal, smart, wise, able, just the best

Kingsguard:Areo Hotah, Most loyal and capable fighter

Kingsguard:Brienne of Tarth, Very Loyal and capable

Kingsguard:Sandor Clegane, Loyal and capable with a furry

Kingsguard:Meryn Trant, Loyal and does anything without question

Kingsguard:Arthur Dayne, Loyal and fearsome

Kingsguard:Drogo, How awesome would that be

(no sons of major lords for kingsguard incase of wavering loyalty)

Warden of the North:Eddard Stark, Duh

Warden of the West:Tywin Lannister, ^

Warden of the South:Prince Doran, Smart and carefull

Warden of the East:Jon Arryn, Wise and knowlageable

Lord Comander of the Nights Watch:Jeor Mormount

Lord of Winterfell:Eddard Stark, see warden of the north

Lord of Riverun:Bryden Tully, Awesome guy

Lord of the Eyrie:Jon Arryn, see warden of east

Lord of Castely Rock:Tywin Lannister, see warden of west

Lord of Highgarden:Willas Tyrell, best of the tyrells(not stupid or puppit)

Lord of the Storm's End:Stannis Baratheon, runner up for best lord

Lord of Sunspear:Prince Doran, see warden of south

Lord of the Iron Islands:Euron Greyjoy, Awesome guy

Archived