The Video Games Thread

Raskolnikov

I'm still loving this game; although, traveling everywhere by horseback has started to lose its appeal. I've started to use the carriages.

The guns have a real visceral feel to them, especially the Double-Action Revolver and the Sawed-Off Shotgun.

I sometimes fast travel, you know set up the campsite and do it.

the worst is the cougars !!!

Soooo... I just bought a Wii! :thumbsup: I never planned on buying the console because of the dearth of seriously violent games for it, but it was cheap so what the hell. I just opened the box and had a good sweaty session with the free WiiSports disc bundled with it.

Now, I also got Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Resident Evil 4 and Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition. I think I'm gonna play Silent Hill first.

I got a Wii quite recently, mainly for the other half it has to be said but one game that really surprised me with how good it was is House of the Dead - Overkill. Its set up like a grindhouse movie, complete with scratches on the "film", numerous 70's touches, missing reels, cheesy voiceovers and copious use of a term similar to "melon farmer".

Its loads of fun.

Cougars have nothing on the Grizzlies!

you might be right, I was out in tall trees minding my own business just trying to shoot an elk. All of a sudden bam my horse goes down, I dead eye and kill the bear, all is good in the world then from out of nowhere.......... DEAD

Despite saying I never would play FF IV again, I'm currently playing the DS remake.

The 3D effects give the game a more cinematic appeal and there are some nice touch pad mini games.

Other than that not much different from it's 16bit brothers

and they kept the "Spoony Bard" translation.

I've been trying to play Battle for Westnoth, but the RNG is so skewed

Hm, what do you mean? I thought that Westnoth mechanics were pretty solid. What campaign are you playing?

I am been playing The Broken Sword (director's cut) on my iPod Touch and wow - what a great game! Just amazing. I never played the original, but IMHO everything they added is working very well.

Also, keep playing Rogue Touch for my "pick up and play" needs. For such a masochistic game it is rather addictive. I can't imagine that I will ever get the amulet, though.

On the PC I am fiddling with Aquaria and although I enjoy the visuals and the gameplay a lot, it makes me feel very dumb. I have needed a walkthrough for 2 puzzles in a row and I am stuck again. Argh! Also, save-points should die in fire. Save everywhere FTW.

I am also stuck in the very beginning of Portal, sigh. 3rd challenge or so? I didn't spend enough time on it yet to reach for the FAQ, but I feel it coming on :(.

I am also stuck in the very beginning of Portal, sigh. 3rd challenge or so? I didn't spend enough time on it yet to reach for the FAQ, but I feel it coming on :(.

The whole fun of Portal is to figure things out yourself, consulting FAQs isn't recommended.

Yep. He's a Lionshead Rabbit http://lionheadrabbit.net/ We litter trained him so it's not disgusting. Unfortunatly, he revels in chewing cords.

I have a house rabbit too, well more of a basement bunny, not litter trained but the shop vac picks up his droppings well enough......... Note to self: Pick up rabbit food on the ride home.

Been playing a lot of Mario Galaxy 2. It is ridiculous amounts of fun. Some of the level design is just so innovative and fantastic... It does start off pretty slow though, as the first few levels are way too reminiscent of levels from Galaxy 1. But so far it is a damn good sequel.

Been playing a lot of Mario Galaxy 2. It is ridiculous amounts of fun. Some of the level design is just so innovative and fantastic... It does start off pretty slow though, as the first few levels are way too reminiscent of levels from Galaxy 1. But so far it is a damn good sequel.

Agreed. I got a new sensor bar so I've been playing a ton of SMG2. I've gotten 39 Stars so far. SMG2 also has great music.

It's somewhat restored my faith in the Wii.

Finished my Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 master ninja run last week. There were a few frustrating spots, but overall it wasn't so bad.

I'm now bouncing between Split/Second and Modnation Racers.

Split/Second is a lot of fun. It's like Death Race, but with (trigerable) environmental hazards instead of guns/missiles. There is a nice variety of unique event modes. Online isn't so great, but single player is fun enough to keep me coming back.

Modnation Racers could have been a good game if they'd finished it. Load times are terrible. Single player sucks because of cheating AI. Online is amazing when it's working; it disconnects randomly and frequently. The customization is nice though, lots of options. Once (if) they patch it to run properly, then it could be a great game.

Archived