Strip Clubs

Tinydigit

Strippers are people? God damn! That just changed my worldview. I know from anecdotal evidence that they feel more disgust and disdain for the regulars than I do – which is why they might have “dead eyes above a smile” because at that point, the regular has exhausted their good grace and empathy and is now just a car payment. He is pathetic in my eyes and theirs. So my question is why the regular becomes, remains, and will likely continue to be, the guy that gives stripper’s the creeps and strip clubs a bad rap.
I didn't say anything about regulars, and those who are willing to go to a strip club every day or two should creep you out - just like those who go see Star Wars every day for 6 hours should creep you out.

They creep out most strippers because:

- regulars aren't like normal people. They're clearly damaged in some crucial way. And everyone can tell that.

- regulars who tend to get 'favorites' tend to be very dangerous. A lot of rapes and murders have happened because of said regulars.

- regulars tend not to have conversations with strippers, they have conversations with the idea of them.

Etc, etc.

There aren't many regulars of strip clubs that don't give creeps, because, well, it's a lot more like stalking at that point.

But since you're all over the place on your talking, TinyDigit - I was mostly answering your question of how anyone could consider strip clubs fun. And the answer is that it's ultimately up to you. if all you see it as is a way to ogle naked women and think the act of even going there is beneath you, you probably should stay at home, look into the dead eyes of your wife and pray to God that us heathen scum finally see the light some time. If you go thinking that you'll have a fun time and you treat the strippers as people - and see the whole experience as entertainment, not a tawdry way to get hard for the first time in months - you might have a good time.

As an aside, at what post count can a user expect to have levity and faux outrage recognized for what they are? 500?

Either 2k or the ability to write faux outrage and levity. :P

Strip clubs aren't my thing these days but i had to organize a bachelor party last year and throwing it inside a strip club turned out to be an AMAZING idea.

Strip clubs aren't my thing these days but i had to organize a bachelor party last year and throwing it inside a strip club turned out to be an AMAZING idea.
Agreed. It's very fun.

Took my best friend to a strip club for his bachelor party and they did the typical thing where they bring him on stage and do some fun things with him. Their version of fun was to pull his pants off and 'spank' him with his belt. Well, the one who pulled off his pants got pretty overzealous and yanked them so hard that his underwear got pulled down too. The DJ's all "Uh oh, this bachelor went commando', the stripper who pulled off the pants blushed like mad, but the one with the belt was all "THIS WILL TEACH YOU TO WEAR UNDERWEAR AT OUR CLUB" and wailed on him with that belt.

He couldn't sit comfortably for like 3 days.

The thing is, all of these things seem kind of... Non-connected to the actual strip-club. You can hang out with your friends at other places surely, and have just as good a time, so why bother paying for a strip-club?*

* Then again, I feel the same way about alcohol in general so I'm probably not the best judge of the thing.

The thing is, all of these things seem kind of... Non-connected to the actual strip-club. You can hang out with your friends at other places surely, and have just as good a time, so why bother paying for a strip-club?*
The other people. In this case, the other naked people.

Yes, you could presumably go home and take turns spanking each other while one pretends to be a DJ and mocks you. That might turn out to be a pretty fun night. But you might also not have the guts or the Kinsey scale to do that, so it helps a bit. Strip clubs are much like other social outings - the good ones are social lubricants.

But since you're all over the place on your talking, TinyDigit - I was mostly answering your question of how anyone could consider strip clubs fun. And the answer is that it's ultimately up to you. if all you see it as is a way to ogle naked women and think the act of even going there is beneath you, you probably should stay at home, look into the dead eyes of your wife and pray to God that us heathen scum finally see the light some time. If you go thinking that you'll have a fun time and you treat the strippers as people - and see the whole experience as entertainment, not a tawdry way to get hard for the first time in months - you might have a good time.

Hey man, I’m a stream of consciousness kind of poster and trying to address multiple ideas being floated at once. It’s kind of how multi-participant conversations work sometimes. Or fail, as they did in this case.

And stop pretending like I am some kind of moral fucking crusader already. I said that I don’t find them particularly enjoyable and I think it is weird that some people become the dreaded regulars. I never cast judgment on those who go infrequently and have gone to great lengths in this thread to spell that out. I thought the two stories made it pretty apparent that I have had fun at strip clubs; I just don’t understand them as a good choice for regular entertainment. Does “escapist fantasy” sound like it is meant to apply to everyone who steps through the door?

What else can I say to communicate that point? It’s almost like you want to believe I’m Dr. James Dobson because it justifies your counter judgment of me as a bible-thumping do-gooder. That is the furthest thing from the truth.

Seriously, if Tormund or Frosty had started this thread, people would have said “Ahh… I get it, they are trying to draw attention to a point using humor and less-than-totally-fucking-serious outrage.” But that is a whole new discussion on familiarity allowing people to better “hear” and get the gist of a post than those they are unfamiliar with. I am a new poster, but I’ve lurked for three years before creating an account. But I have noticed before where sometimes this place creates an uninviting atmosphere for new people to post, because anyone without a 1,000 posts doesn’t get any breaks. No one is there to say “Ha! That crazy ass BlauerDragon is back at it again.” I understand the reason for that, and it is a different topic, but I feel like you and awesome possum are falsely ascribing some “Moral Avenger” label to me that does not fit if you read the rest of my comments in the thread.

Just like Chaldanya might, through familiarity or otherwise, thought awesome possum’s tirade was ironic and sexist… as I do.

Yes, you could presumably go home and take turns spanking each other while one pretends to be a DJ and mocks you. That might turn out to be a pretty fun night. But you might also not have the guts or the Kinsey scale to do that, so it helps a bit. Strip clubs are much like other social outings - the good ones are social lubricants.

I want to be the DJ and/or guy getting spanked if we try this out sometime.

ETA: necessary role clarification.

these pretty much sum it up in my mind. Like anything, there are good ones and bad ones, people that are exploited and people that love doing it, and can either be taken for what it is or obsessed over & overused to ridiculousness & pathetic-ism (I know that's not a word, but I don't feel like overt-thinking this right now).

I've never been a stripper, but I've known plenty. some are kinda sad addicts & wounded souls, some are just love the work and some happily put themselves through college that way. like anything, why would it be one-size fits all? Its not to everyone's tastes, but what is? If ya don't like them, why do you go?

I wonder if any other women who like or don't mind strip clubs will comment on this thread? I know I've seen plenty in strip clubs who are enjoying themselves as customers.

I agree. And you can tell just what kind a of a place it is by watching the girls. We've walked out of a few because you knew the girls were in a rough place in life. Other places, the girls were awesome - put on a great show, had great, unforced attitudes, etc. As a girl, I had fun. It had been years since I'd last been to one and we just went last month. Good times. Oh, and it was 5 of us girls and Jay. ;)

But I have noticed before where sometimes this place creates an uninviting atmosphere for new people to post, because anyone without a 1,000 posts doesn’t get any breaks. No one is there to say “Ha! That crazy ass BlauerDragon is back at it again.” I understand the reason for that, and it is a different topic, but I feel like you and awesome possum are falsely ascribing some “Moral Avenger” label to me that does not fit if you read the rest of my comments in the thread.
Except it does. When you say things like 'dreaded regulars', it does. When you say that you don't understand why people would even consider going to these places and then talk about how the strippers are dead inside, how the only reason to go is to get a hardon that won't be satisfied and that the women are just there as pieces of meat, how the place makes you feel, and in general cast moral judgments on the things - it does.

I realize that you don't think it does, but perhaps the problem isn't all the other folks who are ganging up on you and the problem is...you? That just perhaps you're not doing a great job communicating humor and levity?

Quick tip: use emoticons. Sounds stupid, occasionally looks stupid, but if you don't have an established rhythm of writing in a community and you don't have the street cred that 2k posts buys you and you can't figure out how to emphasize certain things over others to make things seem a bit less serious - use emoticons. Helps tons.

Precisely. Sometimes you feel like hitting up the sports bar, sometimes you feel like going to a lounge and hanging, sometimes you feel like going to the dance club, and sometimes you feel like going to the strip club.

The majority of times I've gone have been spontaneous things. It's the end of the night on a weekend, we just left the bar but don't want to go home yet so we hit up the strip club. Of course, at that point in my life I lived in a college pad located only two blocks from the strip club.

If you hit the club at the right point, just like any bar or club, it's a fun social atmosphere. With naked women.

Can we all at least agree that actual strip clubs are a million times better than Burlesque shows? There's way less hipsters in strip clubs. And boobs were never meant to be appreciated ironically.

Except it does. When you say things like 'dreaded regulars', it does. When you say that you don't understand why people would even consider going to these places and then talk about how the strippers are dead inside, how the only reason to go is to get a hardon that won't be satisfied and that the women are just there as pieces of meat, how the place makes you feel, and in general cast moral judgments on the things - it does.

I realize that you don't think it does, but perhaps the problem isn't all the other folks who are ganging up on you and the problem is...you? That just perhaps you're not doing a great job communicating humor and levity?

Quick tip: use emoticons. Sounds stupid, occasionally looks stupid, but if you don't have an established rhythm of writing in a community and you don't have the street cred that 2k posts buys you and you can't figure out how to emphasize certain things over others to make things seem a bit less serious - use emoticons. Helps tons.

Pretty much my plan. Until I reach 2k, I'm going to be using emoticons. It's like a name tag! :thumbsup:

Although Amsterdam and various other big cities in Holland might have plenty of sex shows - it is hardly a regular feature of Dutch society and certainly not one that is as, from my point of view, deeply, ingrained in American society (why that is would be a topic for another thread).

I would say that sex shows / strip clubs in Holland are almost entirely associated with a. tourists and b. sad people*

Personally - couldn't give a damn, really - whatever floats your boat. Never been to one myself, though never felt the inclination either. In fact - I have been living in a world-renowned city in the UK for over 4 years and I wouldn't even know where to find a strip club! Goes to show how much attention I pay to it all.

*Dutch folks are undoubtedly the most judgemental in the world

Yes, well, my point is that sex shows aren't exactly a US thing and I'm going to go out on a limb and state that the majority of people that go to sex shows in Amsterdam are not actually American.

Thinking back, pretty much every European city I've been to had strip clubs and many (like Prague) advertised them really heavily. From what I hear Thailand and Japan have 'em too. I know it's crazy, but other cultures like looking at naked people too.

Yes, well, my point is that sex shows aren't exactly a US thing and I'm going to go out on a limb and state that the majority of people that go to sex shows in Amsterdam are not actually American.

Thinking back, pretty much every European city I've been to had strip clubs and many (like Prague) advertised them really heavily. From what I hear Thailand and Japan have 'em too. I know it's crazy, but other cultures like looking at naked people too.

I think there's a significant difference in how they're treated though. Sure, all countries have strip clubs (just as all countries have prostitution) but it's not the kind of institution here that it is in the US.

I think there's a significant difference in how they're treated though. Sure, all countries have strip clubs (just as all countries have prostitution) but it's not the kind of institution here that it is in the US.
I went to two in Prague; one was basically advertisements for sex workers, the other was about as good of a strip club as I've been in but was definitely the same basic thing.

Judging from the types of troubles that sex workers and strip club workers have publicized in Europe (bad health, drug issues, poverty, working conditions) I suspect it's pretty close to the same. I think that you probably don't have the intimate knowledge of the clubs in the US or Europe to pass judgment here.

No, indeed, they'd be British.

Of course they are everywhere - figured the OP was interested in opinions coloured by a different cultural background.

I went to two in Prague; one was basically advertisements for sex workers, the other was about as good of a strip club as I've been in but was definitely the same basic thing.

Judging from the types of troubles that sex workers and strip club workers have publicized in Europe (bad health, drug issues, poverty, working conditions) I suspect it's pretty close to the same. I think that you probably don't have the intimate knowledge of the clubs in the US or Europe to pass judgment here.

Oh, I don't mean that the clubs are different, I mean that the attitude towards them are.* I don't know anyone who's actually been to a strip club (doesen't mean they haven't, ofc.) Not even just to see what it's like, for instance.

* At least here, i don't know about Czechia or the rest of europe for that matter.

Archived