Strip Clubs

Tinydigit

I just have to ask what the bloody hell is with the N at the end of your post? Its not your forum handle, and I doubt your name is 1 letter. It is driving me banana's please hralp.
It stands for Nunya.

Guest Raids

I agree with Kal and Bale & have nothing else to add. Often, it just depends on the club. But, really, it's just a way to make sure that everyone feels like they had a crazy night.

Last time though, this pimp tried to sell time with girls lodged in the hotel across the street. It was like The Wire. Very creepy. I have not been back since then.

Yeah, I agree that they're cool in the bachelor party context because it's all about fun, not sex. If you're going there more for just the general party atmosphere, some good laughs, making fun of the "regulars", fine.

If you're one of the guys going there because you really like paying women to dance naked in front of you....

Chanur: don't sweat the small stuff

Awesome possum: the reason I'm not engaging is cause I'm one of those humourless people that doesn't like even the idea of strip clubs. There is too much history and cultural baggage with just valuing a woman JUST for her looks that just sticks in my craw and thus I'd have to be dead before going into a strip club.

you all may go to nice clean strip clubs where the women are well paid and well treated but the horrible dive strip clubs (where the woman isn't treated well) probably outnumber those ten to one and it all feeds into each other IMHO.

I imagine I'm about to get whaled on now.

N

No.

Some Americans are under 10.

I meant that I had no idea there was a particular American culture surrounding strip clubs that was different from anywhere else. This is news to me, as I don't really hear much about them from anyone. They're just kinda there and I only know a couple people that have been to one. Normally when they were in high school and getting in w/o being carded.

you all may go to nice clean strip clubs where the women are well paid and well treated but the horrible dive strip clubs (where the woman isn't treated well) probably outnumber those ten to one and it all feeds into each other IMHO.

I imagine I'm about to get whaled on now.

N

As you are not wrong I don't see any whaling taking on any other proportions than reasonably pathetic arguments.

You're not wrong, Chal, and there's no good reason to support those kinds of places.

I'm trying to think of similar places that have that kind of seedy/bad vibe to them, and most of them are...well, they're seedy. There are things like adult stores (which are pretty bad towards women in general), bars and nightclubs (ditto), restaurants (which rely heavily on illegal immigrant labor), landscaping services (ditto), construction (ditto again)...supermarket chains (bad for communities and small business and really bad for the environment)

It's tough these days to support or not support things based on how bad they are. But strip clubs are likely the most egregiously bad example of an antiquated morality. The idea that women are to be seen but not interacted with and that it's a microcosm of the whole 'you want to have sex with women who are happily naked but you're not allowed to and they're bad people for teasing you'...meh.

On the other hand, titties.

It's a conundrum.

I'm not at all into strip clubs, really. I've been to a couple, both in Europe and East Asia. It was was more of a guys-night-out thing, and strippers didn't really do much for me. It felt a bit pointless. As for cultural differences, strip clubs are pretty much the same in every country, I suppose. Why would they?

First time I was in a strip club was when I was 15 (yeah, there are places who let in kids that young) and just did it for the experience. It was definitely more exciting at that age.

i love strip clubs. and i have no problem saying it. but, i am from a different world than most of you.

where i am from there are more strip clubs and sex shops per capita than any other city in the usa. portland, oregon has tons of them. they are such a normal thing to that city that practically everyone knows a stripper or three. hell, after work it is normal for you and your coworkers (male and female) to head off to a local strip club, have some cocktails, perhaps a lap dance, maybe some food (my favorite is attached to a tacqueria and has great mexican food) and unwind. it is a whole different environment than people expect. sure, there are seedy and dirty offerings that make everyone feel a little worried and scared. but, most are just good solid bars, they just happen to have naked women.

one problem with the sheer number of establishments is a watering down of the talent. it is like the nhl. too many franchises not enough quality players to fill the rosters.

now my love for strip clubs does not extend to all states. when in california or washington state i am not in love with them. why? no alcohol if there is full nudity. sorry, but if you are happy sipping orange juice or a coke just so you can see full nudity i am a bit worried about you.

for me strip clubs are not about sex. i am not sitting erect as i hand cash to these women and have drinks. but, if you are at a bar why not have naked women to improve the ambiance?

Heh, why do guys insist on overtipping pretty waitresses? Because they live in hope that she'll be overwhelmed with their generosity and fall head over heels in love with him?

--

And yeah, the disturbing part of the post was that bit about your wife's dead eyes.

I didn't encounter dead eyes until the divorce/custodial parent discussion. :)

coworkers (male and female) to head off to a local strip club, have some cocktails, perhaps a lap dance

Okay, that sounded slightly weird. I've been with female friends to a strip club, but it just sounds a bit strange the way you put it there. Like they do it every day.

if you are at a bar why not have naked women to improve the ambiance?

I'm not trying to be offensive here, but I wonder how your straight female co-workers feel about that ambiance?

Okay, that sounds a bit weird. I've been once with female friends to a strip club, but it just sounds a bit wrong the way you put it there.

I'm not trying to be offensive here, but I wonder how your straight female co-workers feel about that ambiance?

not everyone is all pent up and sensitive regarding nudity and sexuality. i know, it sounds strange. it was usually my female coworkers who would talk more to the strippers, tip more, get the lap dances.

there is almost always a good 30% female patronage of these establishments, btw.

i love strip clubs. and i have no problem saying it. but, i am from a different world than most of you.

where i am from there are more strip clubs and sex shops per capita than any other city in the usa. portland, oregon has tons of them. they are such a normal thing to that city that practically everyone knows a stripper or three. hell, after work it is normal for you and your coworkers (male and female) to head off to a local strip club, have some cocktails, perhaps a lap dance, maybe some food (my favorite is attached to a tacqueria and has great mexican food) and unwind. it is a whole different environment than people expect. sure, there are seedy and dirty offerings that make everyone feel a little worried and scared. but, most are just good solid bars, they just happen to have naked women.

I just watched the pilot of Portlandia and cannot reconcile this. :)

Archived