Celebrity Fans

Ebenstone

We give a fuck because it creates positive buzz for the show, engendering support for HBO's decision to produce it and increasing the chance the show will continue beyond two seasons. The importance of celebrity praise and endorsement of an entertainment product (especially given the utter dominance of social media at present) should be obvious.

Pretty much what he said. If some celebrity mentions on twitter or in an interview they love GoT then it can easily get a good many of the people who follow those tweets or read those interviews to check out the show thus raising more awareness and increasing the viewership which leads to more budget and more seasons. How hard is that to grasp?

Being associated with the type of nonentities mentioned up thread is not a positive.

TV shows have been getting made for plenty of years without twittertwats approval. I don't see why the sort of loser who thinks the whole world needs to hear the bullshit in their head in 140 characters or less is going to have any impact whatsoever on whether or not the series continues. I think that will probably have something to do with viewing figures, overseas sales and DVD sales.

Snakes on a plane had lots of buzz, but nobody watched it and nobody liked it and nobody is in any hurry to make a sequel.

who gives a fuck which celebrities watch? caring about the opinions of celebrities is fucking pathetic.

It's simply fun trivia, not a question of hanging on to celebrities' opinions - though their opinions are just as valid as anyone else's in this forum.

I don't look at it in terms of buzz for the show, though it's interesting to track. For me, it's mostly just plain cool. Knowing that a particular public figure likes Game of Thrones (or anything you might personally enjoy) humanizes them, and people tend to like that sort of thing. Shocker, I know.

Also, Ted Leo is awesome.

On a non-American note, Brazilian president Dilma Rousseff reportedly loves the show. Did not see that one coming.

Lenny Jacobson who plays the paramedic Lenny on Nusre Jackie is a huge fan. He was in a play in Hollywood on Sunday that my wife went to see, got his photo, video on her I-Touch, and then expressed how jealous he was of me because I was going to see the season finale and he had to do another show as they added another play showing at 6.

Turns out he managed to get home and see it afterwards. He also said there were others in the cast that enjoyed the show but he couldn't name names.

I was watching Around The Horn yesterday on ESPN and host Tony Reali and panelist J.A. Adande were discussing the previous night's Game of Thrones season finale. It was very cool to see GoT being mentioned on ESPN, as it speaks volumes on it's broad appeal.

I was watching Around The Horn yesterday on ESPN and host Tony Reali and panelist J.A. Adande were discussing the previous night's Game of Thrones season finale. It was very cool to see GoT being mentioned on ESPN, as it speaks volumes on it's broad appeal.

Per his Twitter account, ESPN's Trey Wingo is a book reader and huge fan of show.

Was watching "Batman Begins" on cable last night with a "Story Notes" feature (little pop ups with the movie's related trivia). When Jack Gleeson appeared on screen, up popped: "He's Joffrey in HBO's "Game of Thrones". :)

These people are celebrities in my world, at least.

Kevin Murphy, of MST3K and Riftrax fame (mentioned on twitter)

Paul and Storm, musicians (mentioned on twitter)

Jonathan Coulton, musician (mentioned on twitter)

Joe Randazzo, editor of The Onion (mentioned on twitter)

Chris Hardwick, comedian (mentioned on Nerdist podcast #99)

Bulgarian prime minister Boyko Borisov from a recent interview (translated):

Q: How easily do you fall asleep? Aren't you bothered by an unclean conscience?

A: Not at all. I sleep like a baby. I make sure to watch a movie or such before going to bed. Right now there's one called "Game of Thrones"*. It's really cool.

*He says it "Game of Thrones", in English, rather than using the translated Bulgarian title that HBO Bulgaria uses.

It's pretty funny, because the premier is often ridiculed for his oafish and unsophisticated demeanor. Guess he ain't so bad after all! xD

(Of course, I'm still not voting for him)

Scott Ian from Anthrax tweeted he'd be reading the books because of the series.

Oh, that's actually pretty cool. :)

Scott's the man. Always knows what to read! (I'm, of course, talking about the 'The Stand'-inspired "Among the Living" :) )

Now, if he only wrote a song about aSoIaF as well... :D (just make it better than ATL)

who gives a fuck which celebrities watch? caring about the opinions of celebrities is fucking pathetic.

Hey guess what, Some people pick their shows based on if a certain celebrity watches said show or not. ANything that helps in regards to promotion of show, we should all be for.

Being associated with the type of nonentities mentioned up thread is not a positive.

TV shows have been getting made for plenty of years without twittertwats approval. I don't see why the sort of loser who thinks the whole world needs to hear the bullshit in their head in 140 characters or less is going to have any impact whatsoever on whether or not the series continues. I think that will probably have something to do with viewing figures, overseas sales and DVD sales.

Snakes on a plane had lots of buzz, but nobody watched it and nobody liked it and nobody is in any hurry to make a sequel.

If all these twittertwats tweeting about how awesome the show is..encourages some of their 'followers' to jump on board and buy a t-shirt or a Blu Ray disc set, WOuldn't you think that would be good?

Yeah Snakes on the plane had a ton of buzz, but it sucked. You are comparing apples and oranges.

LOL!

I must be completely out of touch with the world, because I have not heard of many of these "Celebrities."

Archived