What would you do if you got dropped into the 7 kingdoms?

Defengar

• 4 months later...

Try to get to the Summer Isles, because it's A = Warm and everyone there is a massive slut or manslut for some poorly defined cultural reason. Failing that, I reckon I could forge myself an existence as a Patchface-alike telling stories of the bizzare world I've come from.

If one were a peasant or a hedge knight or even a lesser lord,

What area would be the worst to live in?

sound off below!

My thoughts:

Essos -

Slavers bay - you could get your junk cut off and turned into a soldier, or be a slave, or be killed in one of their regular conflicts.

Dothraki sea - Unless you can skillfully mount a horse and fight youll be going to the night lands pretty quickly.

Westeros -

Beyond the wall - wights and white walkers, shadow cats, wildlings.

The Riverlands - Everytime the nobles have a conflict, step 1 is to set the Riverlands on fire!

Iron Islands.

Their culture is terrifying, their overlords are abysmally stupid ("Balon was mad, Aeron is madder, and Euron is maddest of them all"), and hell-bent on making the rest of the world hate the Iron Islanders with their constant rebellions and uprisings... Oh, and I could do without being drowned.

Iron Islands.

Their culture is terrifying, their overlords are abysmally stupid ("Balon was mad, Aeron is madder, and Euron is maddest of them all"), and hell-bent on making the rest of the world hate the Iron Islanders with their constant rebellions and uprisings... Oh, and I could do without being drowned.

But what is dead may never die!! lol

I completely agree, life on the Iron islands seems brutal.

The whole "We do not sow" think really should be "We cannot sow" because that miserable place can barely even sustain life without reaving.

I think pretty much anywhere unless you're nobility (except maybe north of the wall).

The free cities don't seem so bad, Braavos, Volantis, Pentos, Lys. People like Illyrio can go from nothing to massive fortunes

Pull an Arya and cut my hair to try and make it to the Wall, and beg Jon to take me as his steward (also reveal myself as a girl at some point)

This of course hitches on me not spontaneously dying at any point along the road, which is pretty damn likely.

if it were GoT era Westeros, I'd seduce Robb and let his ridiculously high standards of honor do the rest. Lady of Winterfell, anyone? :cool4:

Die.

Feudal societies are all about family/connections.

I'd have none. I might survive for a while, but I don't really have any skills that translate all that well. I'm an academic in areas which don't appy, I'm an athlete in sports they don't play, I'm a performer in arts they don't have (at least not in a way I could perform) and I've worked a few other jobs of which only managing a bar and massage might be of any use whatsoever.

I suppose I could always whore myself, but I don't think it works back then the way it works now.

If it were roughly at the beginning of the series: I become a mad prophet, predicting everything that will happen, and declare George R. R. Martin the one true god.

If at the end of a Dance with Dragons: I find Howland Reed, who then uses his super badass powers to save the day.

• 2 weeks later...

After reflecting upon recent activity, I would like to change my answer.

If I were dropped back into Westeros, I would immediately begin an endless series of correspondence with strangers about Arys Arryn, Jonquil, etc. and any and all details as pertains to same.

And that would pretty much take up my day.

depending on what time in the books I get dumped into Westeros, and having knowledge of events up to book 5, I would probably first get some local clothes and sword and dagger, then join up with Robbs host, try to convince him that I have some magical knowledge of future events, and warn him not to go to the red wedding - or in turn slaughter the Freys party there.

Archived