Sandor V.16

Candor

Sandors fighting days are far from over. Its incredibly clear to me that they will get unicorn tears from Skagos and heal his leg since unicorn tears cure everything except herpies. GRRM cant slip any ideas past me.

Well, it's almost a certainty there will be some fun stuff on Skagos, why not unicorn tears? :lol:

We all read the books too and these threads are our speculations on them. Are you saying our opinions don't count just because you don't agree?

I never made such a claim.

You can have your opinion and i have mine, i never disrespect you or call you a troll because you have your own opinion.

I just give mine and if you dont like it ;) ignore it

Your opinions are what is offensive.

"He's dead, get over it."

Well, if we are on thread 16, any person could see that there must be something left for us to discuss. And you could also infer that we do not believe he is dead.

thn its your own fault, my opinion isnt about you its about a fictional character. I am doing nothing wrong here.

As i said above, you dont like it ignore it. No need to get hostile.

I never made such a claim.

You can have your opinion and i have mine, i never disrespect you or call you a troll because you have your own opinion.

I just give mine and if you dont like it ;) ignore it

thn its your own fault, my opinion isnt about you its about a fictional character. I am doing nothing wrong here.

As i said above, you dont like it ignore it. No need to get hostile.

Except that you clearly state your opinion in a way that says to the rest of us that we need to get over it. As if our opinions are invalid.

Ok, I want to belive that he is alive.

But I don't saw that on the books.

Can you make a quick sinopsis for me of the ¿threads?

the grave digger on the quiet isle, is very tall, limps (Sandor when last scene received a leg injury) and likes dogs.

If the Elder Brother found Sandor dying and incoherent from fever (considering the terrible condition that Sandor was in when Arya left him) he certainly knew a lot about Sandor from such a brief exposure time.

Mod:

Do I have to put you guys on different sides of the room? Discuss Sandor, not each other, or I close this thread and possibly ban you. If at 16th you don't succeed....

"If at 16th you dont' succeed..."

Though it may not seem like it from my post count, I'm new here, and I don't understand what you are trying to imply here.

Except that you clearly state your opinion in a way that says to the rest of us that we need to get over it. As if our opinions are invalid.

Sandor is dead. Thats what books says and so far what we have read about him,

the situation Arya left him in and other details, its pretty clear that he is dead.

There is nothing more to it.

We know dead can come back but i really dont think that its possible in Sandors case so, he is finally out of his misery.

Ok, I want to belive that he is alive.

But I don't saw that on the books.

Can you make a quick sinopsis for me of the ¿threads?

There is an in-depth examination of the theory here: http://asoiaf.wester...plete-analysis/

Sandor is dead. Thats what books says and so far what we have read about him,

the situation Arya left him in and other details, its pretty clear that he is dead.

There is nothing more to it.

Except there is. The book doesn't "say" it. It doens't say, "And then the Hound closed his eyes, Arya felt for a pulse and discovered he was dead". He is left in ambiguous situation, and when the elder brother comes on stage to discuss his fate, it's with statements that allow considerable wiggle-worm.

Nothing is certain. There is considerable leeway.

Ned Stark is someone who is clearly dead. On account of his head being chopped off.

Tywin Lannister is someone who is clearly dead. On account of him getting a crossbow bolt to the nethers.

All Sandor had was an infected cut on his leg making him sick. Enough to kill him on its own, but if he was rescued and got medical attention, he could conceivably recover.

We know dead can come back but i really dont think that its possible in Sandors case so, he is finally out of his misery.

Well, at least we can agree about one thing.

Oh, and by the way:

;)

Your use of the winking smiley comes across as incredibly smug.

Starbird - You make several good points but, for the sake of argument, being angry all the time doesn't necessarily make people fear him. His ripping into people makes him a jerk, not a terror. I guess what I want to know is, why are his peers afraid of him? As the Hound, he's a loyal guy, which means his actions should be fairly predictable. Granted, we don't know how long he's *been* the Hound but I can't believe that all of the knights around him are cowards who are subdued by a gruff demeanor and sharp tongue. They might not like him but why be afraid of him? If he'd gone berserk and killed one of the Lannister knights in a fit of rage, I could see them being afraid of him but he's got to be gambling and drinking with someone so why the fear? I guess the best reason IS anger, in case he ever unleashes it on them, but without any previous history of that happening . . . ? I dunno. It doesn't quite add up for me.

I see your point but I honestly think the 'fear' means reverential awe the healthy respect for the Hounds skills and his reputation tainted by Gregor precedes' him. Gregor's men weren't scared of him, they took him on in the inn and had lip too. I don't think it is the people that know him that are scared of him, it's the underlings the front line fodder like random gold cloaks and spear men. The man has got them moves like Jagger - I'd get the hell out of his way also. To makes mi point I shall draw your attention tooooo...

"The Hound leapt at them, his sword a blur of steel that trailed a red mist as it swung.

When they broke and ran before him he had laughed, his terrible burned face for a

moment transformed." PG 682 Sansa Chapter aCoK.

This is Sansa's recollection of the riot.... Red mist and bluring steel? Sandor is smashing people so hard their blood is misting not just splatting and spraying like when Gregor kills people. Also, transformed into what exactly? You see similar battle rage from Sandor when he is with Arya @ the Red Wedding...

His reputation for ferocity percedes' him when he is pissed everyone gets the hell out of dodge.

Lady Candace -

All I know is they got rid of the horses in that scene because it was too much bother and expense, so it's everyone on foot now!

YAY and excuse to talk about Croatia!....Aside from $$$ You cant gallop horses through Dubrovnik.... first of all, all of the streets are Bracki Kamen (a type of white marble) you stack it just walking through the old cities in Dalmatia with Nike's on let alone a steel shod hoof! I think perhaps maybe UNESCO may well have taken issue with it too... perhaps. There aren't alot of riding horses in Croatia either we don't have the population. Most horses are like these;

video courtesy of me, my family breed these horses back home but they are endangered. They are the perfect detrier specimen as well as working cart/plow horse. If you watch for a while you will see the girl riding the big black stallion which has been the national champion stud horse for the last 5 years. I thinks he would be the perfect Stranger.

Question.... have they decided where the QI will be and have they cast Stranger? I feel an email to HBO coming on all over me.

New topic: Does anyone else think Sandor's fighting days might be over? The wound to the leg sounds like it could still affect him. If I recall correctly, the gravedigger had a limp (or am I imagining this?) or something. Part of me wonders if he'll take to battle again, train himself around his disability (once he leaves QI) like Jamie, or find a new path.

I could see him becoming a master-at-arms. Teaching _____'s soldiers to fight and maybe even serving as a sort of general. Or even becoming a mentor to a poor squire who no longer has his kni... halfman.

I think he would still be able to fight from horseback, even if it would take a special saddle from the small master saddler. Stranger at least seems to me like a very clever horse who would be just fine if he gets his commands vocaly.

But I agree that he would make a great master-at-arms and field stategist.

If they all end up on the same side I'm looking forward to Tyrions comment: noseless, handless, crippled, old, a woman and Pod! :D Great team!

I think he would still be able to fight from horseback, even if it would take a special saddle from the small master saddler. Stranger at least seems to me like a very clever horse who would be just fine if he gets his commands vocaly.

But I agree that he would make a great master-at-arms and field stategist.

If they all end up on the same side I'm looking forward to Tyrions comment: noseless, handless, crippled, old, a woman and Pod! :D Great team!

It reminds me of Dunk's destrier he rides at the Tourney of Ashford. A horse that was trained for combat, it knew better what to do than him.

Except there is. The book doesn't "say" it. It doens't say, "And then the Hound closed his eyes, Arya felt for a pulse and discovered he was dead". He is left in ambiguous situation, and when the elder brother comes on stage to discuss his fate, it's with statements that allow considerable wiggle-worm.

Nothing is certain. There is considerable leeway.

Ned Stark is someone who is clearly dead. On account of his head being chopped off.

Tywin Lannister is someone who is clearly dead. On account of him getting a crossbow bolt to the nethers.

All Sandor had was an infected cut on his leg making him sick. Enough to kill him on its own, but if he was rescued and got medical attention, he could conceivably recover.

soo your theory is that, he was rescued and saved? who do you believe rescued him? did they save him using magic? like cat? if he is in a situation like cat , is he technically still alive? is he the same man or is he just a zombie?

i mean, victorian greyjoys hand was saved by magic, it was infection, drogo died in away because of an infection even Robert died because of an infection.

Hound was in pretty bad condition, he was lying weak somewhere with infection, he was in agony, he was begging for death

how possible is it that someone was able to save him? other thn using a magic? and who would use a magic? it cant be the brotherhood for sure.

Oh, and by the way:

Your use of the winking smiley comes across as incredibly smug.

;) really? ;) i didnt notice that ;)

soo your theory is that, he was rescued and saved? who do you believe rescued him? did they save him using magic? like cat? if he is in a situation like cat , is he technically still alive? is he the same man or is he just a zombie?

i mean, victorian greyjoys hand was saved by magic, it was infection, drogo died in away because of an infection even Robert died because of an infection.

Hound was in pretty bad condition, he was lying weak somewhere with infection, he was in agony, he was begging for death

how possible is it that someone was able to save him? other thn using a magic? and who would use a magic? it cant be the brotherhood for sure.

;) really? ;) i didnt notice that ;)

The general theory is that the Elder Brother might have healed him, no magic involved.

Zalim we got it. "hes dead git ovr eet." We understand and respect your opinion. Now let it go.

I thought the Hound was dead as a doornail until I read that thread from Cosmic Maintenance Man now I just hope he doesn't become the next High Septon. ^_^

Archived