Best and Worst POV

The Swaggering Bravo

The one POV I consistently enjoyed in all five books was Arya's.

Most boring POV for me is Daenerys closely followed by Samwell. (I only enjoyed Daenery's POVs in AGoT. And I don't like Samwell even when viewed through other POVs.)

I'm surprised at the number of people who dislike all the Brienne chapters, I rather enjoyed them until she split up with Jaime and after that I lost interest. Completly agree with Dany being a no go-snooozefest! Unfortnately Tyrion is going a bit downhill which is a shame.

My favourites POV's are: Jon, Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, Cersei, Davos, Eddard (GoT), Griff, Jaime, Samwell

My most hated POV's are: Catelyn, Brienne (I like her as a norma character, not as POV), Aero Hotah (or whatever his surname is), Ser Arys Oakheart

Well, other POV are normal too me, I don't really like them, but I don't get bored either.

maybe Bran is good because of th Three Eyed Crow, and the Reeds, but sometimes his chapters are lame!

Jaime, Reek, Tyrion, and Cersei stand out as some of my favorite POVs. I actually like Dorne, and Dornish chapters, and I don't mind the iron-born, Brienne, or Bran chapters, either.

The only chapters I dread are Dany's from Dance, and Arya's after she leaves Westeros. I still like the characters OK, I just find Essos dullsville. Even Tyrion gets boring the further he gets from Westeros.

Jaime, Reek, Tyrion, and Cersei stand out as some of my favorite POVs. I actually like Dorne, and Dornish chapters, and I don't mind the iron-born, Brienne, or Bran chapters, either.

The only chapters I dread are Dany's from Dance, and Arya's after she leaves Westeros. I still like the characters OK, I just find Essos dullsville. Even Tyrion gets boring the further he gets from Westeros.

I particullary enjoy Essos, I just want Daenerys to leave, she has a war to fight in Westeros, she's five books in Essos, it's becoming stupid, Queen of Meereen, just because she freed the Slaves, now they need to defend themselves

I hope she won't do a world tour, I want to see Asshai, Yi Ti, Sothoros, but it can be seen by another POV, maybe Victarion or Tyrion

My absolute favorite has got to be Jon or Tyrion. Dany has some excellent chapters (ASOS in Astapor, ACOK in house of undying) and some terrible ones as well. Overall my least favorite is probably Brienne or any of those one chapter POVs like Arys Oakheart, Aero Hotah, etc....

A Game of Thrones

Best: Ned - For the politics.

Worst: Bran - He's the most boring POV character to me.

A Clash of Kings

Best: Tyrion / Sansa - Again, politics.

Worst: Theon / Bran - I did not like Theon at all when we first got his POV.

A Storm of Swords

Best: Jaime / Sansa / Tyrion - Jaime is one of my favourite characters.

Worst: Bran / Arya - Arya started to bore me here.

A Feast for Crows

Best: Jaime / Cersei - Their chapters saved the book IMO.

Worst: Samwell / Arya - I was bored reading about them, although I am interested in the Citadel.

A Dance with Dragons

Best: Theon / Reek - Some of the best written chapters in the book.

Worst: Jon / Bran / Arya - I don't really like Jon and I'm not that invested in the Night's Watch in general. I prefer the politics.

Best: It's either Tyrion or Arya, I care the most deeply about these two characters. Arya for the simply fact I want her to live and avenge her family, but Tyrion is far more interesting in how he develops, falls and nearly drowns, and rises stronger and seems to be developing upwards again.

Worst: Damphair probably. Well any of the Greyjoys on the Iron Islands in AFFC. I found the book to be stretched out and dreary, mostly due to what I feel is the over-emphasis of the Iron Islands and their political struggle. I just don't find their culture to be particularly interesting, they are a people of rapists and pirates. I just want the Drowned God to reclaim them so they can all just go to their watery underworld and leave everyone else at peace.

Best: Arya, Tyrion (minus ADWD), Jaime in ASOS, Jon (for the most part)

Good: Bran, Asha, Victarion (always entertaining), Catelyn, Davos, Theon in ADWD

Bad: Brienne, Damphair,

Can't stand: Dany

For the rest it's usually a mixed bag. I think the only characters who I've consistently enjoyed their POV (meaning I never found it boring) would be Arya and Asha. Otherwise there is usually a chapter or two that I don't care for.

Best in a single book: Eddard in AGoT (awesome KL intrigues)

Worst in a single book: Brienne in AFfC

Best in ACoK: Tyrion (awesome KL intrigues)

Best in ASoS: Sansa (awesome twists)

Best in AFfC: Cersei (so entertaining, who cares if she's a bitch?)

Best in ADwD: Barristan (also known as "the one where meereen suddenly gets interesting)

I honestly don't get how you could say Sansa is one of the worst. So many things happen in her chapters, it's unbelieveble.

Archived