ACOK's WORST: Davos and Jon

ASOS's BEST: Tyrion, Jaime and Catelyn

ASOS's WORST: Arya

AFFC's BEST: Cersei

AFFC's WORST: Brienne and Arya

ADWD's BEST: Davos, Bran, Quentyn and Cersei

ADWD's WORST: Tyrion, Asha, Griff and Arya

:bowdown:

:shocked: Did you skip Theon's chapters or something?

Haha, am I the only one who didn't really like his chapters? They were not bad, I just wasn't interested.

I don't see how Theon could be useful to the story and 7 chapters felt like too much for me.

Haha, am I the only one who didn't really like his chapters? They were not bad, I just wasn't interested.

I don't see how Theon could be useful to the story and 7 chapters felt like too much for me.

Yes. :P

I think they are some of the best work GRRM has done. To each their own though. :dunno:

Yes. :P

I think they are some of the best work GRRM has done. To each their own though. :dunno:

They were better than Tyrion's TWELVE useless chapters, I have to admit. :P

Actually, I reread Theon's chapters and they were good, my problem is more with the book as a whole. Theon' chapters were one of the things that slowed the book down until it became unbearably slow.

When I was midway through ADWD, I couldn't stand Jon, Theon and specially Tyrion anymore.

Best

AGOT: Daenerys and Eddard

ACOK: Tyrion

ASOS: Tyrion and Daenerys

AFFC: Jaime

ADWD: Jon and Daenerys

Worst

AGOT: Sansa

ACOK: Davos....I guess. I don't really have a 'worst' in ACOK

ASOS: Bran (even though I like some moments in the chapters, like the KotLT story--they are just slow)

AFFC: Cersei. (Every time I re-read, I have to grit my teeth and just through her chapters.)

ADWD: Victarion and Asha

AGOT-

Best: Catelyn

Worst: Dany. I don't hate her, but I just can't get into her story.

ACOK-

Best: Bran (Or Arya or Sansa lol I just can't decide, they're all so good)

Worst: Ser Davos (he's good but not the best I guess) Or Dany.

ASOS:

Best: Tyrion. He is so, so good in this book.

Worst: Sansa. A lot the color in her story just seems to go out her story at this stage until she leaves for the Vale

I just don't get it. I guess I just look at the big picture more and less on the little details. I never found any singular POV that disdainful, nor one that was so much more incredible than the others. Seems like everyone on these forums has to "take a side" or something. Just read and enjoy the books. Y'all don't ahve to nitpick so much.

• 10 months later...
Best-
Tyrion- all his lines are all great humuorous quotes

Cersei - loved seeing her at the start of AFFC thinking she so much smarter than everyone and on her higher level than everyone and then all of it is taken away towards the end. She got me throught affcs boring pov and the way she talked about margery

Jaime- Interesting how our feelings change about him and the way hes so fake towards people

Arianne- people hate her but i love her for some reason

Worst-
Catelyn- omg is it only me who would dread or pause halfway her chapters due to boredorm. Hated her when was cat still hate her as lady stoneheart and her stupidness made me angry

Brienne- most boring pov in affc

Samwell- i have a really strong hatred toawards him and how he feels sorry for himself and the amount of times he wished to die because he's "craven" just bloody do it then

-the whole greyjoy storyline( i could never live with knowing their ruling the seven kingdoms) hate the lot of them espcially damphair

Tbh i hate all stories that drag on when peOple are on a long journey for example i love dany but come on, get to westeros already and tyrion i love aswell but this adventure in the free cities bored me to death

Best overall: The Lannister trio, particularly Tyrion. they are clever and in the middle of everything.
(I liked Tyrions Dance chaps). Sansa is one slight step behind them but still gold.

Worst: Samwell, Quentyn, Jon, Brienne

Mixed Bag1: Some characters have overall bad POVs with one or two AMAZING chapters. Cat, Arya, Damphair, and Asha all fall into this category. (Mercy chapter knocked my socks off)

Mixed Bag 2: Some characters have overall good POVs with one or two BAD chapters. Dany, Bran, and Davos suffer from this. (really? is it Daario fantasy time again? really Dany?)

Archived