Why did Drogo want to marry Dany?

Maroucia

The eggs - if you read my post above, then Fake Aegon was never able to hatch those eggs despite his, illyrio and varys' attempts. giving them to Dany the Dragon Targ was their chance of seeing them hatch.

Why would Dany have more of a chance of having them hatch than Maybe Aegon? Even if he is not legitimate, all the Targs who tried before her, Baelor the Blessed, Aegon the Unworthy, and finally Egg were all legitimate Targ kings who had dragon eggs but failed to hatch them. They had no clue the eggs would hatch it was a bridal gift out of respect to her house, and when he finally found out where she was he sent Barristan and three ships to retrieve her immediately. She made her own decisions from there with Jorah's counsel.

Drogo had no interest in Westeros at all, so why would he care if Dany was a Targ? The Dothraki are very superstitious, so Drogo would probably not have sought out a foreign wife unless the omens were in favor of it. Perhaps Illyrio orchestrated the whole thing to convince Drogo to at least have a look at her. Perhaps it was orchestrated by the heavens. Either way, they were truly meant for each other.

Right, :cheers:

he wanted to change position

I would love it if this was GRRM's reason behind a one of the most crucial and pivitol plot movers at the begginign of the serries.

seriously tho we need to stop all this talk of doggy style, I mean the topic has just gone to the dogs!!

Why would Dany have more of a chance of having them hatch than Maybe Aegon? Even if he is not legitimate, all the Targs who tried before her, Baelor the Blessed, Aegon the Unworthy, and finally Egg were all legitimate Targ kings who had dragon eggs but failed to hatch them. They had no clue the eggs would hatch it was a bridal gift out of respect to her house, and when he finally found out where she was he sent Barristan and three ships to retrieve her immediately. She made her own decisions from there with Jorah's counsel.

because i think some targs have more of the dragon blood/dna transferred to them. and FAKE aegon doesn't carry that gene. and i think it came from the female Fire Others (opposition/duality to the northern male ice others). i think they mated with some andal human - and they're all human - all of them. just in different evolutionary states. and that may have caused the Doom. maybe the mating between them was truly cataclysmic. maybe the children born couldn't handle the power that was given to them intellectually because they had brains like protohumans and they destroyed the world there. there are no gods here. grrm is an atheist. it's a natural world evolving. just like around us. all the petty politics,money worries, marriages, customs mean NOTHING on a MACRO plane. nature just keeps on pushing through. and fire and ice are going to merge at the end. and when they do - FLOODING. noah, anyone?

surely no one can think that grrm, in all his genius, is not going to conclude this series with a major arc way above the pettiness we have seen played out over and over in interpersonal interactions (and haven't we all gotten caught up with those interactions, just like we do in our real lives) but ...... this has a much higher arc.

What if the dosh khaleen told him that if he married a Targaryen princess, they would produce the Stallion That Mounted the World? Same reasoning behind Aegon pushing Rhaella and Aerys together — gotta produce that Prince That Was Promised.

The more I think about this, the more I think I might be on to something.

The more I think about this, the more I think I might be on to something.

I think so too and I'm glad you brought it up. I was going to suggest something similar, but then I got too lazy and didn't want to insert these types of things into what had become a "Dany is hot" thread.

Archived