{Book Spoiler} Ramsey is confirmed, but what of the Tully's?

Now that the great mystery of Ramsey 'Snow' has been confirmed, my next character wondering is if the Noble House of the Tully's are going to make an entrance; i.e. Brynden and Edmure?

With the forces of the Northmen squarely on the move, are they in the Riverlands or marching into the Westerlands, where they should be? If they are, then we have already been given the idea that they have broken the siege of Riverrun (captured Jamie), and should now have the entireity of the Riverlands (Tully forces with them). So where is Edmure and especially Bryden "Blackfish"?

In addition, where is the Greatjon, i dont think he has made any appearance this season?

I think Edmure has to be introduced at some point because its

his wedding that gets Robb and half the Northern Lords/heirs killed or captured along with thousands of northern men

.... although he should have been introduced at the very end of season 1 .... the Blackfish I don't see being introduced unfortunately, he should have been with Catelyn from the point she entered the Vale with Tyrion. The Blackfish warned her about the change with Lysa, journeyed with her all the way north to meet up with Robb's forces, and was Robb's main strategist for the Whispering Wood and Riverrun. If he hasn't been introduced yet, why now?

I think Edmure has to be introduced at some point because its

his wedding that gets Robb and half the Northern Lords/heirs killed or captured along with thousands of northern men

.... although he should have been introduced at the very end of season 1 .... the Blackfish I don't see being introduced unfortunately, he should have been with Catelyn from the point she entered the Vale with Tyrion. The Blackfish warned her about the change with Lysa, journeyed with her all the way north to meet up with Robb's forces, and was Robb's main strategist for the Whispering Wood and Riverrun. If he hasn't been introduced yet, why now?

I'm hoping we'll get both. We of course need Edmure for the RW, and the BF is just too awesome. And awesome characters get better ratings, so it'd be a good move to put him in. The only reason his introduction has been delayed is that he doesn't really do much other than council Robb/Cat until a bit later on.

I think that awesomeness aside, The Blackfish has an important role too play in the series still. I'm expecting something to happen involving him, Stoneheart, Deric Dondarrion's men and possible Jeyne Westerling (if the theories about her escape are true). If he is part of this important storyline still to come he will need to be introduced at some point. However I don't see this needing to be done until the siege of Riverrun in what will be season four (possibly five if the producers decide to not do the split storylines). Edmure however we might not meet for the rest of the season but we will certainly meet by the start of season 3.

We don't need edmure for the RW, they just can use another northern lord maybe bolton and fat walda. Pedge the riverlands fealty to robb in the series?

Exactly.

While I'd love to see Blackfish wiggle his way into the show, Edmure and the rest of the Tully's have no lasting role to play. That wedding can be any one of Robb's "high ranking" bannermen. Even someone introduced on the spot.

I really hope the Tullys aren't completely cut out. I wish they were already in or that the show had at least mention that Riverrun was with Robb, after all he's King in the north AND the riverlands. I always appreciated that the Tullys and the riverlords were wiht Robb almost from the start and the union and loyalty between the Tullys and the Starks was never questioned. They swore fealty to Robb and named him their king even if they didn't "had to" (like Lysa who was also tied to them by blood and yet did nothing). I also thought it was really touching that Riverrrun flew the Stark banner higher than the Tully even after the Red Wedding.

I get that they don't want to introduce too many characters and that's why they'll wait (if they aren't cut) until the third season to include the Tullys or just Edmure. But I'd love if Riverrrun was at least mention or if some Tully Banners were included among the Stark ones on Robb's camp (if there are I haven't seen them).

Edmure Tully will be in the show next season. Maybe the Blackfish. Also the Reeds are NOT cut. A fan spoke to GRMM at signing, he said the Reeds are delayed. I expect to see the Reeds next season.

And who is this "fan"? A friend of a friend? Any reliable source to that statement?

It's imperative they cast them because Catelyn will need much to do early next season if the audience is to be further invested in her and her eventual fate. I hope she immediately flees to Riverrun following her release of Jamie so she isn't around to see Robb make the biggest mistake of his life.

Catelyn with her father will be a good, emotional scene. Edmure is imperative. Even with the changes they've made, these guys aren't stupid enough to eff around with the best story line in the series.

I reckon Robb will retreat to Riverrun next season. With his mother. Cue Cat nursing her dying father, a long scene with Edmure and Robb discussing plans, Robb commanding him to marry a Frey to appease Walder. Easy.

Give James Purefoy the role. Please. He needs to be in the show somewhere.

Archived