is Hodor a Targaryen?

westie420uk

Why has no one suspected Tommen of being Targaryen? the first description we get of him is having white-gold hair longer than Arya's.

But looks are decidedly unimportant when looking for ancestry. I don't believe all Baratheon babies have black hair. that's just to help Eddard realized the truth, and not forensic proof.

I noticed the part about Hodor abhoring soap and cold water, but loving hot water in my reread as well. In addition to Daenerys and her hot bath, and being able to pick up the dragon egg out of the fire without burning herself, Hodor's hot spring love struck me as either potentially relevant or "passing odd." I thought it was too early the series for GRRM to insert red herrings just for the hell of it, but hey, what do I know?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a question, If Blood Raven is warging people, for instance, Old Nan, and if he is warging her when she procreates with someone, Hodor's great-grandfather (whoever he is) does that person have some of Bloodravens traits?? To me that is the only way Hodor could have some Targ in him. I am not sure how the 'people warging' works. In Being John Malckovich Cameron diaz's character was inside Malckovich when he impregnated Catherine keener, therefore they claimed the baby was 'theirs'. Would it work the same way in ASOIAF??

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think this is as far fetched as people think. Old Nan is described by Bran as being the oldest woman in the world (of course he can't possibly know that but point is she's old). Remember Aemon? He was a Targ who lived for so long because he lived in the north. Since Hodor is Old Nans grandson or possibly her great grandson, he could have Targ blood in him if she is a Targ. If she is a Targ she's probably a bastard.

You might say "well what about her other children if they are Targs why aren't they living forever" and the answer to that is her sons or grandsons or possibly both died in a war, and her daughters went south. So voila, secret Targ! Okay, I'll put my tin foil hat away now :P

Everyone in Westeros is a secret Targ, it seems like. Tyrion, Jon, Jaime, now Hodor. Being a Targaryen isn't the exclusive club Viserys thought it was.

Well for those three there is at least some evidence. Not gonna rehash, but what is the point of the author mentioning Aerys liking Joanna Lannister and "taking certain liberties" during her bedding ceremony if not for a little speculation?

Secret targs may seem overly talked about on this forum, but I really think that's intentional by the author.

I agree! In addition to this, GRRM said that one of the characters of ASoIaF descends from Dunk, and Bran sees him kissing a young girl in his first tree vision in Dance. I believe the girl is Old Nan, not a She-Wolf, but I guess we'll find out as soon as the novella is out.

This is what I remember, too, though I can't cite the exact source. I thought that it was revealed in The Hedge Knight that Duncan the Tall married old Nan, and that, as you say, it's generally thought that it was Dunk kissing Old Nan as a girl near the Weirwood at Winterfell. Thus, Hodor would be the great grandson of Nan and Dunk (getting his height from Dunk). :thumbsup:

Totally correct me if I'm wrong and I'm sure it has been discussed elsewhere.

But I thought eventually dunk and egg go to winterfell. Dunk has a fling, he passes the super tall gene on, with his lover of course... Nan

Maybe this is crackpot and the times are off somehow...

Archived