Robb's place in history

Fat Mac

What will Robb's short stint as King mean historically? This is assuming that the North doesn't become an independent kingdom at the end. Will Robb be considered just another "King in the North", along the lines of Torrhen Stark and the others? Or will he be kind of discarded since he never exactly won the freedom for his people?

Robb the king who marsh south for his family, win every battle he fought and betrayed his honor for a girl of a minor house, and betrayed by them he betrayed at the end

EDIT: And lose his Wintterfell to a bunchof pirates

He will be a footnote as a foolish little boy who wanted to be king. He will primarily be remembered for being killed in th Red Wedding and that memory will be his legacy. Nothing else will remain of him of importance or worth to be noted.

I've heard The King Who Lost the North before. Daeron I is remembered and seen as a hero by many but many others see his campaign as foolishness.

Pretty much this, some people will love him and parrot his military accomplishments, others will declare loudly that he's an idiot for losing where it matters. Those who love him will try to brush the issue of Jeyne Westerling off, those that don't will scream it loudly from the rooftops.

A rebel with illusions of grandeur if Stannis or the Lannisters win in the end.

What about if Westeros goes back to Targaryen rule?.

I personally think Robb will be most remembered for being betrayed at the Red Wedding.

Eldest son of Lord Eddard Stark. Wartime prodigy, who fell due to love, and was betrayed at the red wedding by his bannerman who violated the sacred act of guest right.

If Greatjon Umber and Brynden Tully live on til the end of their days, Robb Stark's legacy as the King in the North who never lost a battle will live on too.

Also the young frey who squired for him i imagine will tell everyone what a great liege lord he was, even if he has to say it without his family knowing.

I think by those who remain loyal to the Starks and the North he will be remember as a King in the North like Torrhen and all the rest, but to the other Houses he will be viewed as The King Who Lost The North and he will be famous for being a good warrior but dying because of love and being foolish. And of course no one will think of him or talk of him in the future without mentioning the Red Wedding and the Frey's betrayal.

He will be a footnote as a foolish little boy who wanted to be king. He will primarily be remembered for being killed in th Red Wedding and that memory will be his legacy. Nothing else will remain of him of importance or worth to be noted.

It's ugly but it'd be the truth most like. A reputation of three minor victories on the battlefield won't last for long and that's really all he has.

The northerners seem to hold him in high regard still, and that's really what matters. The Lannisters don't care how the North perceives them, so why should Robb be judged based on how the south views him? His own people still love him and I'd say that's a big damn deal.

And the idea that (wrongfully, yes) breaking a marriage contract is on the same moral level as a mass slaughter and breaking pretty-much-divinely-sanctioned guest right is fucking absurd.

It's ugly but it'd be the truth most like. A reputation of three minor victories on the battlefield won't last for long and that's really all he has.

Robb will last on imo, if only for the tale of the Red Wedding, and the amazing break with tradition it represents. Walder Frey would basically be the Rat King 2.0 and Robb would be his victim.

Archived