[Spoilers] Stark Revenge Possibilities are growing lesser and lesser...

gamer9726

Does anybody think that all of the Starks will eventually die out, in the last two books, but the Lannisters will make so many mistakes and enemies while killing the starks that eventually, Winter will come and destroy them as well? It was an idea that a friend told me, and although I think that it is unlikely, it could happen (knowing George R. R. Martin's love for creating unconventional plotlines and breaking our hearts with deaths of our favorite characters). It is hinted at in the book that King's landing wil not be able to live through a winter lthat is too long, and with the War of the Five kings damaging their food supply even more... Not to mention the large list of enemies to the Lannisters already. What do you guys think? Realy, I can't see the Starks succeeding any time soon, they just keep making mistakes that they can't make. I can only hope that Arya, Sansa, Bran and RIckon (and maybe Jon?) will learn from Catelyn, Robb, and Ned's mistakes, because right now, they are not doing so well. Do you guys think that the Starks will succeed? Have a pyhrric victory (like the one described above), where Winter kills the Lannisters, or will the Lannisters succeed?

I believe that if the norrh reunited despite their arguments (take Karstark and Stark for exampel) under one common goal-vengeance-, then they would wipe out the Lannisters.

I think (hope) that the multiple Stark POVs remaining is a clue that the family will return to power in some form. I can't see why we would have Bran, Sansa, Arya and Jon as central characters, assuming that Jon is not dead, if they and their family did not have a pivotal role to play in the end, Furthermore since the very first line in AGOT as I recall was the Stark words, it would seem fitting that the family should be front and center when it comes to the end. The bittersweet part is probably involves one or more of their deaths.

Mea culpa, I went and checked AGOT and the Stark family words were definitely not the first line.

It's true, the Stark hopes for vengeance are growing slimmer with each passing chapter.

Which may be for good, there is a zombie apocalypse and an emotionally unstable teenage girl with weapons of mass destructin to deal with.

Who said the Starks needed to get revenge on the Lannisters? From where I sit, the Lannisters seem to be doing a pretty good job destroying themselves all on their own.

If anything, I'd say there is a pretty strong message in the books on the futility of vengeance. Dany wants revenge on the Usurper's Dogs, most of whom are dead. One killed by his wife and another killed by his son. Jaime may still be alive but he's missing a hand, depressed, and estranged from his sister. Sandor led a life motivated by revenge against his brother, turning him rather bitter and cynical. LF is partly motivated to get revenge against the humiliation he received in his youth, leading to several immoral acts, murder, and the corruption of a rather idealistic young man.

Besides, we're already seeing that fate does a pretty good job dealing out punishment on its own. I wouldn't want to be on Arya's prayer list as those people seem to be dropping like flies. Sansa's wish for Janos Slynt's head being chopped off was taken care of in Dance by Jon, Tyrion killed Tywin, and the Red Viper killed the Mountain.

As to the Lannisters, their hold on the throne is tenuous, Cersei is going crazy, Tyrion is a kinglsyer and believed fkingslayer who is in exile, I already brought up Jaime, Joff is dead, it looks like other Lannisters are going to be killed of at a RW 2.

I think the Freys and Boltons will be taken care off too.

For me, I'd find it to be a great ending if the Starks are back in WF, putting the pieces of their lives back together. It'd be a great revenge to show that after everything, the Starks survived and came out on top. I have every confidence that will happen.

As for Roose not killing Robb, I think you need to take a closer look.

Which may be for good, there is a zombie apocalypse and an emotionally unstable teenage girl with weapons of mass destructin to deal with.

Exactly. A zombie apocalypse is coming, winter is here, and three WMDs are going to be showing up. The Game of Thrones and thoughts of revenge are distractions from what is really important.

Who said the Starks needed to get revenge on the Lannisters? From where I sit, the Lannisters seem to be doing a pretty good job destroying themselves all on their own.

If anything, I'd say there is a pretty strong message in the books on the futility of vengeance. Dany wants revenge on the Usurper's Dogs, most of whom are dead. One killed by his wife and another killed by his son. Jaime may still be alive but he's missing a hand, depressed, and estranged from his sister. Sandor led a life motivated by revenge against his brother, turning him rather bitter and cynical. LF is partly motivated to get revenge against the humiliation he received in his youth, leading to several immoral acts, murder, and the corruption of a rather idealistic young man.

Besides, we're already seeing that fate does a pretty good job dealing out punishment on its own. I wouldn't want to be on Arya's prayer list as those people seem to be dropping like flies. Sansa's wish for Janos Slynt's head being chopped off was taken care of in Dance by Jon, Tyrion killed Tywin, and the Red Viper killed the Mountain.

As to the Lannisters, their hold on the throne is tenuous, Cersei is going crazy, Tyrion is a kinglsyer and believed fkingslayer who is in exile, I already brought up Jaime, Joff is dead, it looks like other Lannisters are going to be killed of at a RW 2.

I think the Freys and Boltons will be taken care off too.

For me, I'd find it to be a great ending if the Starks are back in WF, putting the pieces of their lives back together. It'd be a great revenge to show that after everything, the Starks survived and came out on top. I have every confidence that will happen.

As for Roose not killing Robb, I think you need to take a closer look.

But for their demise to be satisfying a Stark needs to kick them when they're on their knees.

But for their demise to be satisfying a Stark needs to kick them when they're on their knees.

I think that's part of the brilliance of it though — the Starks will come back not because they sunk to the level of the Lannisters and pulled off some glorious vengeance agenda, but because they bided their time, stayed true to who they were, earned the loyalty of their bannermen, grew up and matured and persevered even as everyone else was going mad and destroying themselves.

I don't think the Starks are going to die out at all, so no I think they will get their revenge...even if it is just rising from the ashes since everyone in the books seems to think House Stark is extinct. Though I do think it might be more than just that. Not to mention Jojen said the wolves would return, so I have faith the Starks will be back in force at some point.

I'm quite sure GRRM won't kill all the Starks. I don't see the point in having the remaining Starks alive for that long. He could easily write Arya out of the story, since she has no connection to the rest of the characters, save for Samwell. Same with Sansa, why keeping her alive that long? Why not kill Bran and Rickon? Rickon has been gone for what.. Three books?

I just don't see the point.

Sometimes the best revenge is living your life.....

I think that's part of the brilliance of it though — the Starks will come back not because they sunk to the level of the Lannisters and pulled off some glorious vengeance agenda, but because they bided their time, stayed true to who they were, earned the loyalty of their bannermen, grew up and matured and persevered even as everyone else was going mad and destroying themselves.

Exactly.

The north cannot defend itself against the others without Winterfell. Winterfell must always have a Stark. If the North falls to the others then the rest of Westeros will soon follow because no southerner can conquer the north, especially a north controlled by supernatural beings with zombie armies. Assuming the Others will be defeated, it will take a Stark to do it so therefore the Starks cannot all be wiped out or else there will be no Westeros.

Archived