Resume for role of Quentyn Martell- Anyone think I have a shot?

Khal Drogo's Mighty Thighs

I think tbh you look almost exactly as I pictured Quentyn. Hopefully age won't be a problem as it will not be filmed for a few years. The experiences seem spot on for what they need as this is a very physical kind of role compared to say any other tv shows. Only thing is to make sure you have the acting ability as that's what it all comes down to in the end

I think tbh you look almost exactly as I pictured Quentyn. Hopefully age won't be a problem as it will not be filmed for a few years. The experiences seem spot on for what they need as this is a very physical kind of role compared to say any other tv shows. Only thing is to make sure you have the acting ability as that's what it all comes down to in the end

Thanks a lot, really, that's so nice of you to say. I have years to work on the acting, better not mess it up :) 100 people auditioned for the role of Shireen Baratheon. It's fiercely competitive, better start working on the acting now. Thanks again man

Very true. It is very tough, and with the popularity of the show growing it will only get harder unfortunately. Although being a the right look is always a bonus as it can be the most jarring thing to watch if the character is, although played well, completely off the description they should be.

Well, people seem to think I have the look! The next step is getting more acting experience (long term) and making audition tapes and rehearsing the role (short term). I'll try and put any audition tapes I make on this forum, as the feedback's been so positive! Yeah, it is really high, but Jason Momoa (Khal Drogo) was only cast for the show because of suggestions from the public. If I get my resume out on here, who knows? Maybe it'll snowball and HBO will notice. Anyone think HBO people take a look at this forum?

I'm not an expert on any of this stuff but i'd say to just go for it you have a suitable look you have experience and you have determination. Remember that even if you don't get the part of Quentyn its not the end as the casting agents might see you as suitable for another role just look at the actor who plays gendry he auditioned for the roles of both Jon Snow and Grenn before he got his part. Best of luck and i hope it works out for you

I'm not an expert on any of this stuff but i'd say to just go for it you have a suitable look you have experience and you have determination. Remember that even if you don't get the part of Quentyn its not the end as the casting agents might see you as suitable for another role just look at the actor who plays gendry he auditioned for the roles of both Jon Snow and Grenn before he got his part. Best of luck and i hope it works out for you

Thanks a lot, yeah, I heard about that too. It's actually a bit disconcerting, as the guy who played Gendy was a huge and famous main character in the 1st and 2nd series of Skins, who was a really good actor and had a tragic death scene that concluded the series. Ha, bit worrying if that guy got recast. Then again, it's probably a physicality thing, as he doesn't seem like a Jon Snow (not dark enough) and doesn't seem like a Grenn either (too famous and not big/stupid-looking/ugly enough either), so maybe it doens't mean anything. Thanks a lot man, nice of you to say, this is all very encouraging, I'll try and put up the audition tapes next week!

I wouldnt mind you playin Quentyn, a character I like alot too

I love Quentyn, his character arc is so deeply moving. A very tragic hero, and a hero undeniably. A young boy, eager to prove himself, scorned, mocked, daring to play the game of thrones and paying a terrible price. Ooph. Good shtuff.

Quite. And I think the show could really get a lot of leverage out of him if they introduced him as a major character, rather than as a side character. There's a lot of his particular journey which could make for great TV, rather than being outright invalidated because it takes up a lot of time in the book. Given that you're also "not proven", I'd imagine they'd be able to keep you longer for cheaper ;)

Quite. And I think the show could really get a lot of leverage out of him if they introduced him as a major character, rather than as a side character. There's a lot of his particular journey which could make for great TV, rather than being outright invalidated because it takes up a lot of time in the book. Given that you're also "not proven", I'd imagine they'd be able to keep you longer for cheaper ;)

haha that's a good point, they could skimp on money by hiring me. Yeah, he's great. I can really see him as one of the more beloved characters of the fourth/fifth season, who makes everyone cry when he dies

Wow thanks, great name btw! Man, this is all really encouraging :) thank you again

You don't have that froggy look that Dany seems to see.The make up department can sort that out.

Seriously,good luck.I hope you get it.

Meanwhile I'm in training to play Wyman Manderly,just 1,000 more pies to go :drool:

You don't have that froggy look that Dany seems to see.The make up department can sort that out.

Seriously,good luck.I hope you get it.

Meanwhile I'm in training to play Wyman Manderly,just 1,000 more pies to go :drool:

Thanks man! How to look froggy? Is Quentyn meant to be a bad-looking guy??

Thanks man! How to look froggy? Is Quentyn meant to be a bad-looking guy??

Not that he is meant to be bad lookinformation, but numerous characters remark he is not as good looking as his companion Gerris, and he is somewhat plain looking. Although with HBO they may wish for good looking actors regardless and use the excuse dany is already married as most of the comments made by people regarding quentyns looks are inner thoughts and not actual lines

Not that he is meant to be bad lookinformation, but numerous characters remark he is not as good looking as his companion Gerris, and he is somewhat plain looking. Although with HBO they may wish for good looking actors regardless and use the excuse dany is already married as most of the comments made by people regarding quentyns looks are inner thoughts and not actual lines

Er do you think I'm good looking enough for HBO? Awkward question haha just want to know what thoughts are. Be honest, it's cool

Confidence may need to be something to work on.... Ive seen you ask if you are good looking a million times now and variations of that same question as well lol. Be like quentyn... Confident in himself and not caring what anybody thinks of him. He has one of the most serious and stoic demeanors of anyone in the series... He may be young but his attitude is that of a grown adult beyond his yrs. Something to keep in mind if thats the role you desire.

Confidence may need to be something to work on.... Ive seen you ask if you are good looking a million times now and variations of that same question as well lol. Be like quentyn... Confident in himself and not caring what anybody thinks of him. He has one of the most serious and stoic demeanors of anyone in the series... He may be young but his attitude is that of a grown adult beyond his yrs. Something to keep in mind if thats the role you desire.

Isn't Quentyn all insecure about what people think of him? He wants to prove himself to his father and doesn't want to let him down, he gets all angry at Daario when he calls him "just a boy", he gets all angry and sad at Daenerys for rejecting him, he's overshadowed by his better-looking and bigger companion (Ser Gerold), and ultimately he tries to prove himself to others so much that he tries to be a hero and steal the dragons and ends up dying. I'd say the character, although sombre and quiet, is defined by his insecurity? Alright, I'm sorry if I too have been a bit insecure. Quentyn is not a confident guy. That's why it's such a hard thing for him to stand up to the dragons, and he ends up losing his cool.

Archived